Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hermes courier in Ireland?

• 17-01-2019 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm waiting for a package that was sent with Hermes from the U.K. on the 6th. Am I correct to say it's An Post that take over from them in Ireland? I was provided with tracking numbers which work fine up until it left the uk. I've tried to track it in Ireland by ringing An Posts number but I just get left waiting for somebody to answer the phone....which never happens.

I'm sure with the change over they make up their own new tracking number. However, this is a poor system in my opinion, the same barcode number should work with An Posts system if they are going to provide the service here.

Anyway, it's a day late now too. Should have been delivered by today, the 16th.

Anybody know of any other way this could be traced?
    Cheers,
    D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its a courier service not a mail service so the international S10 system doesn't apply (thats how Royal Mail and An Post track under one code).

Nightline should be the agent here. Be aware Nightline are currently less functional than the US Govt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

I've read an article that An Post have taken over Hermes since last July I think it said.

I've also been onto Nightline. They said they have stopped delivering for them. I just got through to An Post and they said they haven't received it from Hermes yet. They said they got an advisory from Hermes that they're would be a package coming to them on the 6th. I dunno, I'll try to ring them in the UK.
    ED E wrote: »
    Its a courier service not a mail service so the international S10 system doesn't apply (thats how Royal Mail and An Post track under one code).

Nightline should be the agent here. Be aware Nightline are currently less functional than the US Govt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I can't be 100% sure as I've got rid of the box it came it but I had a delivery from Hermes just before Christmas and I think it came with An Post if it wasn't them the only other courier we had come that week was DPD.

Cheers, good to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

ED E wrote: »
    Cheers, good to know.

I'm having second thoughts now :o

I negotiated cheaper p&p charges with the UK sender (£22 down to £12.50 for a large but light item) and I'm wondering if it was too cheap for it to have gone through An Post or DPD :o

OP let us know who does the delivery.

• Advertisement

I've had 5 or 6 Hermes parcels in the last year, all have been delivered by An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

Sorry, only coming back to this now. The online tracking said it was being sent back to sender. It's IMPOSSIBLE to speak to a human. On the day it was to be given back to the sender it arrived at my address! 5 days after its delivery day.
    The package contained car grills. Some of which had the clips broken off them. In transit and one grill had a large chunk broken off it. The sender sent pics (of damage I sent him) and filled out the damaged goods form sent it to them but has got nothing back. Only the sender can claim for damages.

I would steer well well clear of using Hermes.
    Lost package.
    Eventually delivered late.
    Items broken. And it was An Posts fault. It was Hermes side of things. Bad bad service.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Dmitrijs

I have a problem with Hermes now. Did order 04/05/20 from UK, still waiting. By tracking number: should be delivered till 15/05/20. Still have a no correct informations about my parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

Joe Lycett did a story on This courier lately...
    Here is a clip of the story on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/KDV3wUVlwoc

AmberAmber wrote: »
    Joe Lycett did a story on This courier lately...
    Here is a clip of the story on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/KDV3wUVlwoc

Knew they were bad, not industrial scale fraud bad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thats unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stieldo

Worse currier ever I strongly agree with all the bad comments, after emailing the seller of my order every day for a week, they said they will sort it out with Hermes, today now the answer was “it was send back because wrong delivery address “ and that’s not f… true. so one of my xmas pressies is gone

Advertisement