Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-04-2020, 02:14   #466
Marlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolanbaker View Post
I suspect that it would use multicasting back to a server somewhere, a bit like the owl energy monitoring system.
With the Owl it was possible to intercept the multicast traffic with a raspberrypi and then chart it. At least that way you are free from the subscription that Owl wanted from you to view the data (from your own system).
Yes .. it looks very similar .. apart that no subscription is needed. But there's those of us, who really like it old school: keep it local with the "option" of sharing. So that if ****e breaks.... things keep working.

Modern cloud approaches are not sufficient for this.

/M
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-05-2020, 22:38   #467
Chris_5339762

Quote:
I did a bit of digging and found this site,
https://the-gadgeteer.com/2018/11/04...tation-review/
it appears that it uses the 433 MHz band, this is the 70cm amateur radio band that is also used by low powered devices such as remote door openers.
So I don't see the frequency being an issue, maybe it fails on harmonics or something.

This is a bit of necromancy, but did anyone ever buy one of these? I still want one, its by far the best weather station out there overall (Davis's are better but the display and connectivity is appalling). The frequency issue still bugs me, I just wonder if my gate will try to open whenever it transmits.
09-05-2020, 19:39   #468
jod1983

Hi all,
Going to invest in a station soon, anyone know whats the difference between the WH4000SE and the WH3000SE?
16-05-2020, 21:10   #469
nachos

Installed my first weather station today, a Froggit WH3000SE. Everything going ok far but don't have the right converter for the euro plug. What are other people using? Thanks
16-05-2020, 21:20   #470
joujoujou

Shaver adaptor, or just nothing - EU plug will eventually fit, with a bit of effort.
Advertisement
16-05-2020, 23:00   #471
dolanbaker

My dad would have just cut the cord from a defunkt electrical gadget, stripped and taped the wires to the pins and powered that way.

Not that I would recommend this of course.
17-05-2020, 01:26   #472
Marlow

Quote:
My dad would have just cut the cord from a defunkt electrical gadget, stripped and taped the wires to the pins and powered that way.

Not that I would recommend this of course.
Crude.

Any odd key ... car keys are best ... in the earth lock, will let you force a continental connector into a UK plug.

/M
17-05-2020, 02:45   #473
dolanbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Crude.

Any odd key ... car keys are best ... in the earth lock, will let you force a continental connector into a UK plug.

/M
I used a screwdriver once to open the socket to connect wires to power a train set once (back in the 1960s), some smoke and a zing from the rails later I decided it wasn't a good idea!
17-05-2020, 15:28   #474
nachos

Thanks folks, managed to find a converter in one of the drawers by chance and that did the job. I had bought a converter like this one (https://www.satellitetv.ie/fiver-fri...-plug-adaptor) but the supplied euro plug wouldn't fit into it, too big.

Have it transmitting to Wunderground now which I'm delighted withL https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ISKERR1/

The installation site isn't ideal but had to make do with what I have in my small garden. Installed a bracket on the side of the shed so it's about 45cm away from shed and about 2m away from a tall wall behind it. May have to adjust the measurements to account for that but seems reasonably accurate so far

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion