Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-05-2020, 22:25   #2281
Oneiric 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
Pretty pathetic
Yeah, whatever ya say, Rachel.

https://theintercept.com/2017/04/12/...-every-corner/

Russia
Russia
Russia
Russia
Russia
Russia
Russia
Russia

They're coming to get yooooou.

Advertisement
17-05-2020, 22:37   #2282
Thargor

Errrr... I know Im speaking to a deranged chatbot here but you do realise it was you that was bawling about Russia and I never mentioned them?

Have you given up on your ballet memes already though? But they were so clever and hilarious, I suppose you'll be denying ever mentioning them soon like the compulsive liar that you are...
17-05-2020, 22:44   #2283
Oneiric 3

Quote:
Errrr... I know Im speaking to a deranged chatbot here but you do realise it was you that was bawling about Russia and I never mentioned them?
Yeah yeah blah blah

17-05-2020, 22:47   #2284
Danno

Lads, tone it down a tad - some banter is okay, but play the ball, not the "person"
Thanks from:
17-05-2020, 22:50   #2285
Thargor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric 3 View Post
Yeah yeah
Ah excellent you agree then, thats the first step.
Advertisement
19-05-2020, 00:32   #2286
Akrasia

Quote:
Ah excellent you agree then, thats the first step.
Right, now that everyone agrees, let’s get back to the topic. I have loads of very serious concerns about the Gibbs/Moore documentary. Seeing as he asked me to watch it, I’m interested in Onerics unbiased review. Do you think there are any elements that they could have done better?
19-05-2020, 16:25   #2287
Oneiric 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrasia View Post
Seeing as he asked me to watch it, I’m interested in Onerics unbiased review.
Where exactly did I ask you to 'watch it'?
20-05-2020, 12:54   #2288
Akrasia

Quote:
Where exactly did I ask you to 'watch it'?
Generally when someone introduces a source to a discussion, i would consider that they want people to actually read or watch the content of that source
Here's where you introduced Moore's documentary to the discussion
https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...postcount=2155
You then went on to spend 2 weeks trying to get me to respond to Mann's spat with Moore regarding his documentary
and here is where you told me to make sure I watch it before it gets removed from youtube, but that you can also send me a link if it's too late

"By the way, did you watch Planet of the Humans last night? Moore said he would only keep it on youtube for a limited time, so if it is taken down by now, do not worry, I have a full HD copy of it if you'd like me to pass it on.
"

So yes, I would be interested in your review of his film to see if you are recommending it as something that informs the debate, or if you referred to it purely because it's gotten 'climate experts' 'rattled'

Do you think those 'climate experts' are justifiably 'rattled'?
20-05-2020, 14:43   #2289
Hooter23

Seems all we have to do to fix our climate is to stop all cars and planes and weather patterns change instantly...if recent weather is anything to go by...

Last edited by Hooter23; 20-05-2020 at 14:47.
Advertisement
20-05-2020, 19:24   #2290
Oneiric 3

I'm getting a little tired of your distortions of what was said by me Akrasia in order to steer context in a way you want it to go. But let me once again waste my time and energy having to explain myself.

1. I posted the video, along with my opinion of it - that is all. I didn't ask you or anyone to watch it.

2. Regarding Mann's conspiracy nonsense regarding Moore, I simply asked why you selectively choose to ignore it while you were busy defending his garbage (which was almost word for word what the likes of Maddow has been repeating for the last 3 year which is curious in itself) with regards his similar comments towards the US President.

3. I asked did you get to watch the video because it was just the night before that you said you were going to, which does not in anyway translate to ' go watch the video'.

Anymore of this trollish crap and I'll have no choice but to ignore you, My views on PotH are pretty clear. Nowhere in that doc was the concept of climate change belittled or denied, so why it that we have climate change 'experts' up in arms about it? Is climate science and the 'green movement' - which is very much ideological driven - one and the same thing? if so, then that in itself would put into question the idea of an objective, non-partisan approach to climate as a scientific study.
Thanks from:
22-05-2020, 00:34   #2291
Akrasia

Quote:
I'm getting a little tired of your distortions of what was said by me Akrasia in order to steer context in a way you want it to go. But let me once again waste my time and energy having to explain myself.

1. I posted the video, along with my opinion of it - that is all. I didn't ask you or anyone to watch it.

2. Regarding Mann's conspiracy nonsense regarding Moore, I simply asked why you selectively choose to ignore it while you were busy defending his garbage (which was almost word for word what the likes of Maddow has been repeating for the last 3 year which is curious in itself) with regards his similar comments towards the US President.

3. I asked did you get to watch the video because it was just the night before that you said you were going to, which does not in anyway translate to ' go watch the video'.

Anymore of this trollish crap and I'll have no choice but to ignore you, My views on PotH are pretty clear. Nowhere in that doc was the concept of climate change belittled or denied, so why it that we have climate change 'experts' up in arms about it? Is climate science and the 'green movement' - which is very much ideological driven - one and the same thing? if so, then that in itself would put into question the idea of an objective, non-partisan approach to climate as a scientific study.
Asking your opinion on a documentary you introduced to the topic is ‘trollish crap’
But posting random YouTube videos of Russian folk dance isn’t?

Do you think Moore’s film was an accurate representation of the current alternative energy market?

Do you think his portrayal of specific American charities is a good representation of the overall green movement?

If you think that taking statistics from pilot, proof of concept, schemes And using them to discredit all derivative technology is reasonable then you have a lot of explaining to do
(Hint: the first touch screen smartphones were terrible by current standards...)

Last edited by Akrasia; 22-05-2020 at 06:53.
22-05-2020, 08:55   #2292
Oneiric 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrasia View Post
Asking your opinion on a documentary you introduced to the topic is ‘trollish crap’

Why do you do this? Once again, you totally distort my words. No more.

But why ask for my opinion? Why not just give your own unbiased one? I don't see any reason as to why Jeff Gibbs would show us anything but the truth of what is going on regarding the vested interests in so-called 'green energy? Unless.. like Moore, he is part of some great Kremlin funded misinformation campaign?

But again I ask, why are 'climate experts' so 'interested' in these revelations? Gibbs did not attack climate science, so what's the dig?

Last edited by Oneiric 3; 22-05-2020 at 09:05.
Yesterday, 12:22   #2293
Oneiric 3

Firstly, let us recall this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/17/t...arth-fund.html

Praised for his 'philanthropy' by the sickeningly servile to the rich NYT as he pours billions into 'climate research and activism'.

Now, consider this:

The fire is rising.
Today, 08:30   #2294
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric 3
The fire is rising.

We can't keep going like this, we can't keep continuing with these levels of inequality, something will give eventually
Today, 09:47   #2295
dolanbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
We can't keep going like this, we can't keep continuing with these levels of inequality, something will give eventually
This is why globalisation will be challenged by more and more people in the future.
The wealth pyramid works OK when businesses remain local and you end up with large numbers of small business leaders with maybe a million or so each.
But when all the money is funnelled into ONE person's pocket, then it becomes obscene!
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion