Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-06-2019, 09:52   #181
archer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny noggs View Post
You understand what a drone is, right?
Yeah hence my comment "right"
Advertisement
20-06-2019, 11:20   #182
Cheerful Spring2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit.de.frog View Post
A U.S drone has been shot down overnight in international air space in the Strait of Hormuz by an Iranian S2A missile.
It was expensive drone they flew over Iranian territory.

Northrop Grumman MQ-4C Triton, is the model. Despite what the US says, they likely were flying it over Iranian sites taking aerial pictures and the Iranian reacted and shot it down.

Trump may be forced into action now. We have to wait and see. Iran not Iraq though their capabilities are greater than Iraq. Their missiles can hit US warships and bases in the region.
20-06-2019, 11:24   #183
Captain Chaos

Sure they hacked the last drone, RQ-170 and fooled it into landing in Iran where they captured it and reverse engineered as much as they could of it's tech.
20-06-2019, 11:30   #184
Cheerful Spring2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante7 View Post
Rory Stewart says it is most likely IRGC Quds. He knows his stuff.

I'm open minded it was a Iranian hardiner sanctioned operation.The Houtis for the last few months have targetted airports and oil shipments and oil refineries in UAE and Saudi Arabia. Houties are an Iran backed group. There a history there of attacking targets outside of Yemen. Of course they have every right to strike back against the Saudis and UAE governments who currently order attacks against Yemen daily.

The tanker explosions are weird. You need a bit more sophistication to plant bombs on tankers at sea. Pompeo claims the Iranians planted limpet mines to the hull of the ships? This is the narrative they are going with.

The Japanese owner of the tanker ship that got damaged said his employees witnessed a flying object a projectile or missile hit the ship. It made me wonder why the Americans are only pushing the narrative it ws bombs placed on the hull and are ignorning the statements by the sailors on the Japan oil tanker?

The only reason i remain open minded is the Iranians too have the capability to fire explosives at objects on the sea from the sky. They too have drone technology.

The only reason to doubt the American explantation is they are ignorning the different reports about the incident and what caused the explosions. So possible this event is a false flag order by hardliners in the US and could also be the Iranians.

Last edited by Cheerful Spring2; 20-06-2019 at 11:36.
20-06-2019, 11:31   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man Star View Post
Trump won the swing states by 77,000 votes in total in 2016. Clinton won the popular vote by 2.8M votes. Trump will lose the 2020 election by a landslide, as the Republicans lost the 2018 elections by enormous margins.

No one wants to say this, but he has zero chance of being re-elected, not a hope in hell.
I'm sorry you are just wrong. As Clinton once said "it's the economy stupid". Nothing else matters and Trump has the American economy soaring. Unless they have a massive downturn before the election Trump will win.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-06-2019, 11:37   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMAMORON View Post
There is definitely a ramping up of propaganda.

BBC are leading with a British Citizen on Hunger Strike. She is in prison in Tehran for Espionage.

Both Britain and the US are categorically stating that Iran are behind the oil tanker bombings.

Why would the Iranian government bomb oil takers in the Gulf of Persia?
Why the phuck would they bother?

Nasty stuff.
The Iranians have a history of this sort of stuff tbh. Look i don't want to see a war but let's not make out like the Iranians are angels, they are nasty pieces of work of the lowest kind.
Thanks from:
20-06-2019, 11:39   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo180 View Post
The BBC have become an absolute farce of a news broadcaster. Getting as bad as Fox.
Or CNN
Thanks from:
20-06-2019, 11:44   #188
Elmer Blooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo180 View Post
The BBC have become an absolute farce of a news broadcaster. Getting as bad as Fox.
It makes me laugh when I hear the BBC often refer to Russian TV as 'state controlled'
Thanks from:
20-06-2019, 11:48   #189
Cheerful Spring2

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheShadows View Post
The Iranians have a history of this sort of stuff tbh. Look i don't want to see a war but let's not make out like the Iranians are angels, they are nasty pieces of work of the lowest kind.
Yep. People are not watching this closely. Houtis hit an airport in Saudi Arabia last week injured 26 people.

They hit an Electrical power plant last night with a cruise missile provided by Iran. White House by all accounts held a meeting last night to discuss this.

This is just another escalation in a war thats already started. Trump decision to pull out of the Iranian deal and attempts to destroy the Iranian economy, has lead to this.

Last edited by Cheerful Spring2; 20-06-2019 at 11:54.
Advertisement
20-06-2019, 12:01   #190
jackboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerful Spring2 View Post
Trump may be forced into action now. We have to wait and see. Iran not Iraq though their capabilities are greater than Iraq. Their missiles can hit US warships and bases in the region.
It was only a drone so it wont merit a reaction. Neither side have any interest in a war.
Thanks from:
20-06-2019, 12:12   #191
kneemos

Quote:
I'm sorry you are just wrong. As Clinton once said "it's the economy stupid". Nothing else matters and Trump has the American economy soaring. Unless they have a massive downturn before the election Trump will win.
The economy is in an upcycle. Doubt any President has little or an effect on the economy,up or down.

Dare not ask how he's made the economy "soar".
Thanks from:
20-06-2019, 12:13   #192
Cheerful Spring2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackboy View Post
It was only a drone so it wont merit a reaction. Neither side have any interest in a war.
Events on the ground suggest otherwise. Last weekend oil tankers explosions happened, only weeks before 4 different oil tankers were hit with explosives. So it obvious someone looking to kick start a war in the region.

Houtis have started using more sophicated missiles to hit targets in UAE and Saudi Arabia. There also increasing Rocket attacks against US interests in Iraq.

Now US drones are getting shot down in the region.

It going to continue on and on. Trump will have no choice he have to react soon. In public they say there not interested in war, but events happening right now suggests otherwise. Both sides are not backing down and thats how all wars start, be accident or provoking.
20-06-2019, 12:22   #193
jackboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerful Spring2 View Post
It going to continue on and on. Trump will have no choice he have to react soon. In public they say there not interested in war, but events happening right now suggests otherwise. Both sides are not backing down and thats how all wars start, be accident or provoking.
I'm not sure. Trump is an isolationist. I don't think he gives a damn about drones or a few tankers. He will only respond if American lives are lost. Of course this could happen by accident.

Remember the months of preparations that went into the Gulf wars. They would need at least 6 months preparation before they could have a go at Iran. Attacking Iran without lenghty preparations would be very foolish and risky as it would only be deemed a success if very few americans perished.
20-06-2019, 12:41   #194
Gringo180

Quote:
All this Iranian aggression is not going to end well. We are into the tit for tat stage now and i expect an American response with 48hrs.
If Iran flew there drones off the coast of America it would be shot down. Would you call that American aggression? Would you ****.
20-06-2019, 12:53   #195
Cheerful Spring2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackboy View Post
I'm not sure. Trump is an isolationist. I don't think he gives a damn about drones or a few tankers. He will only respond if American lives are lost. Of course this could happen by accident.

Remember the months of preparations that went into the Gulf wars. They would need at least 6 months preparation before they could have a go at Iran. Attacking Iran without lenghty preparations would be very foolish and risky as it would only be deemed a success if very few americans perished.
You're correct trump decision is final.

Still Trump can't afford to look weak and his allies in the region are likely pushing for a confrontation.

Most of Washington power players are asleep right now, and we have to wait and see what politicians over there say when they wake up.

There was a serious incident last night though and Houtis used a cruise missile to target a power station in Saudi Arabia. US middle eastern allies targetted by cruise missiles has raised the ante again.

Limited strikes is a possibility right now, we have to see Trump reaction to the downed US Drone. If he plays it down, good.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion