Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Does the 4k fire stick work here or not i am reading different stories saying some do & some dont. (be handy for travelling already have a android box)

Basically it works fine but the Amazon Prime (if you have Prime) videos won't work. But if an Amazon rep changes your location to the uk those videos work.

But all the other things work fine netflix etc.

Does the 4k fire stick work here or not i am reading different stories saying some do & some dont. (be handy for travelling already have a android box)

Basically it works fine but the Amazon Prime (if you have Prime) videos won't work. But if an Amazon rep changes your location to the uk those videos work.

But all the other things work fine netflix etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

thanks

one other question does it make a difference what delivery option i choose

when its being delivered to motel from amazon ,normal or one day delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

thanks

one other question does it make a difference what delivery option i choose

when its being delivered to motel from amazon ,normal or one day delivery.

Choose the free option....don’t pay as it won’t arrive any quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Can anyone who spoke to customer service after moving up north or to the UK to get their account switched to an English one send me a message? Just wondering about billing address, if it makes a difference if say you wanted to use an Irish one and whether they asked for new current address.

Thanks

• Advertisement

jclack wrote: »
    Can anyone who spoke to customer service after moving up north or to the UK to get their account switched to an English one send me a message? Just wondering about billing address, if it makes a difference if say you wanted to use an Irish one and whether they asked for new current address.

Thanks

I have my address pal and parcel motel address on my account.

But i didnt mention any move. I just said my prime video works fine on my phone and TV but not the Firestick. I think it might not be set to the UK region.

He had a look for 2 mins then said he had updated to retry. And it all worked.

I have my address pal and parcel motel address on my account.

But i didnt mention any move. I just said my prime video works fine on my phone and TV but not the Firestick. I think it might not be set to the UK region.

He had a look for 2 mins then said he had updated to retry. And it all worked.

Thanks for that. I don't have prime so will try changing country on my account, then re-register the stick and see if that works.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

jclack wrote:
    Thanks for that. I don't have prime so will try changing country on my account, then re-register the stick and see if that works.

If you don't have prime why do you need to be set to the UK? It's only for getting prime content.

Cheers

It’s only the movies/tv that are free with Amazon prime that won’t work. Everything else will work fine (Netflix, youtube, All 4 etc).

If you aren’t a prime member you don’t have to change anything.

Trying to get BBC iPlayer up and running on it, do I not need to have location on amazon set to UK for it? Using a VPN as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

jclack wrote:
    Trying to get BBC iPlayer up and running on it, do I not need to have location on amazon set to UK for it? Using a VPN as well

No, you simply need the VPN.

Great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

I have had no luck getting BBC Iplayer on stick even using a VPN, let us know how it goes for you.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Choose the free option....don’t pay as it won’t arrive any quicker

I got Prime again free for 30 days after changing address to the parcel motel North haha so didnt have to pay for any delivery i also put my parcel motel number nxt to my name .. name pg1234567

lukeeman wrote: »
    I have had no luck getting BBC Iplayer on stick even using a VPN, let us know how it goes for you.

It worked after I changed my device location on amazon.co.uk and then re-registered the fire stick.

Thanks to the folks who helped me that arrived early this morn. Parcel Motel is alright. quick enough as well considering Monday was a bank holiday in the Uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adgib

Apologies in advance, just received one of these today, getting error 5505 ,any of you young bucks guide me,it would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭dodzy

adgib wrote: »
    Apologies in advance, just received one of these today, getting error 5505 ,any of you young bucks guide me,it would be much appreciated
    It’s location settings. Call amazon. They will sort in in 2mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

dodzy wrote: »
    It’s location settings. Call amazon. They will sort in in 2mins.

Yep, tell them you live in the UK but work between both countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Do Amazon have anything good? apart from Top Gear 2.0?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Shefwedfan wrote:

I think Prime is actually better than Netflix, since I got Prime a few weeks ago I've barely used Netflix. Parks and Rec, Mr. Robot, Jack Ryan, Bosch and Goliath are a few of the series I've been watching. Plenty of good movies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

antodeco wrote: »
    Bit harsh.

To answer the question, they are 2 different devices, but based on your question can do similar things. Chromecast requires another device to stream to the Chromecast, versus the firestick is all contained on one device, making it handier. After that, the firestick does alot more as it's effectively a self contained "android device", so you can install more apps etc.

Chromecast doesn't need anything to cast to it. It will manage the stream on its own on various sites, such as Youtube, BBC iPlayer or Netflix.

The biggest difference is that management of chromecast is done from a phone or PC. You don't get a remote and you can't just browse the catalogue on the big screen.

Yep, tell them you live in the UK but work between both countries.

Don’t need to make up story. Just give them a Uk address. Parcel motel, AP, PW, a random address, don’t matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Shefwedfan wrote: »

No. I have to keep it coz the mother in law likes the Tennis 🤭😂

• Registered Users Posts: 45,803 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Scottie99 wrote: »
    No. I have to keep it coz the mother in law likes the Tennis 🤭😂
    Get rid of both :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Got this today through prime which I will cancl in a month time. Cant seem to find BBC Iplayer though.

I am using PIA VPN but internet is slow.

Glebee wrote: »
    Amazon usually drop the price down to £39.99 3 or 4 times a year so I'd be inclined to hang on for a couple of months and get a brand new one for an extra fiver.

muffler wrote: »
    Amazon usually drop the price down to £39.99 3 or 4 times a year so I'd be inclined to hang on for a couple of months and get a brand new one for an extra fiver.

These will be cosmetically perfect with full warramty, and in the vast majority of cases, indiscernible from new product.

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    These will be cosmetically perfect with full warramty, and in the vast majority of cases, indiscernible from new product.
    Oh, I dont doubt any of that but the point I was making is that unless someone was in a real hurry Id think its better to wait and get a new one for an extra £5. Speaking personally I would always be happier / peace of mind with a new item as opposed to a refurbed version.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement