Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
10-06-2019, 21:35   #1
Hammer89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,581
Irish girls are sexually very woke these days lads

And it's a good thing, don't get me wrong. Particularly in this country, women of past generations haven't been allowed to explore themselves sexually or spiritually.

My grandad, very much a man's man and a raging alcoholic, would've preferred to lick some debris from Chernobyl than go down on my grandmother, and sure listen a lot of our grandfathers are or were cut from the same cloth. So the idea that there's more of a balance in power between men and women's sexual needs these days, and that women of today won't be deprived of the same pleasure as our female ancestors, is a great thing. It's a lovely thing actually. F*ck the Church like.

But when did it all start? When did Irish girls go from wanting to fold themselves up into rubix cubes when the topic of masturbation was brought up, to posting anecdotes about their clits and stuff on Twitter? I'm 30 and girls of my generation weren't as sexually woke as 22 and 23-year-old girls these days. It wasn't so much that there was no platform in which to discuss sexual things in a public forum, because Facebook and even Twitter were around, but the general attitude is apples and oranges.

You didn't see many girls posting about their vaginas, or uploading pictures of themselves which hint at nipple ring. My feeling is, it didn't start in Ireland. My feeling is that it drifted over from America or something, in the same way as we get the leftovers from hurricanes and stuff. But who cares. As I said, it's great.

Rise and shine.
Hammer89 is offline  
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 21:46   #2
One eyed Jack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 12,957
You know your grandfather wouldn’t go down on your grandmother... but you think young ones having no filter is a new thing?

In fact, I’m really confused as the opening post makes no sense. It reads like a wind-up.
One eyed Jack is offline  
10-06-2019, 21:47   #3
stunner dunner
Registered User
 
stunner dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,730
I have a lot of issues with that post. Let’s start with the grandparents thing.
stunner dunner is offline  
10-06-2019, 21:50   #5
AlphabetCards
Registered User
 
AlphabetCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner dunner View Post
I have a lot of issues with that post. Let’s start with the grandparents thing.
Once I see someone blame "The Church" as the only reason for sexual repression, I switch off. Reading any decent literature from the 17th C onwards shows that we haven't really changed much.
AlphabetCards is offline  
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 21:52   #6
Hammer89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by One eyed Jack View Post
You know your grandfather wouldn’t go down on your grandmother... but you think young ones having no filter is a new thing? .
I don't know this for a fact Jack, no.
Hammer89 is offline  
10-06-2019, 21:53   #7
Berties_Horse
Registered User
 
Berties_Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer89 View Post
My grandad, very much a man's man and a raging alcoholic, would've preferred to lick some debris from Chernobyl than go down on my grandmother, and sure listen a lot of our grandfathers are or were cut from the same cloth.
Right you are so Ted.
Berties_Horse is offline  
10-06-2019, 21:54   #8
munster87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer89 View Post
I don't know this for a fact Jack, no.
So he told you he had a liking for debris in Chernobyl?
munster87 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
10-06-2019, 21:57   #9
Junkyard Tom
Registered User
 
Junkyard Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,141
Why was your Grandfather eating nuclear waste?
Junkyard Tom is offline  
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 21:58   #10
the hedgeman
Registered User
 
the hedgeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 272
A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer89 View Post
And it's a good thing, don't get me wrong. Particularly in this country, women of past generations haven't been allowed to explore themselves sexually or spiritually.

My grandad, very much a man's man and a raging alcoholic, would've preferred to lick some debris from Chernobyl than go down on my grandmother, and sure listen a lot of our grandfathers are or were cut from the same cloth. So the idea that there's more of a balance in power between men and women's sexual needs these days, and that women of today won't be deprived of the same pleasure as our female ancestors, is a great thing. It's a lovely thing actually. F*ck the Church like.

But when did it all start? When did Irish girls go from wanting to fold themselves up into rubix cubes when the topic of masturbation was brought up, to posting anecdotes about their clits and stuff on Twitter? I'm 30 and girls of my generation weren't as sexually woke as 22 and 23-year-old girls these days. It wasn't so much that there was no platform in which to discuss sexual things in a public forum, because Facebook and even Twitter were around, but the general attitude is apples and oranges.

You didn't see many girls posting about their vaginas, or uploading pictures of themselves which hint at nipple ring. My feeling is, it didn't start in Ireland. My feeling is that it drifted over from America or something, in the same way as we get the leftovers from hurricanes and stuff. But who cares. As I said, it's great.

Rise and shine.
All the grandfathers were the fathers of flocks of children back in the day so it took 2 to tango
the hedgeman is online now  
Thanks from:
10-06-2019, 21:58   #11
Force Carrier
Registered User
 
Force Carrier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 515
I'd be concerned at how she fell asleep in the first place.
Force Carrier is offline  
10-06-2019, 21:59   #13
Ten of Swords
Moderator
 
Ten of Swords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,215
First things first Hammer89

How drunk are you right now?
Ten of Swords is offline  
10-06-2019, 22:00   #14
eviltwin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 15,432
You didn't see many girls posting online because it wasn't a thing, there was no internet

I'm in my 40's and there was plenty of riding in my teens. If anything, I think sex now must be a bit of a melt what with body insecurity, consent issues, porn etc
eviltwin is offline  
10-06-2019, 22:02   #15
blergh
Registered User
 
blergh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2,289
Plenty of highly liberated women older than you about, they’re just not tweeting about it on account of being adults.
blergh is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet