Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for Participants for Focus Group/Interview

Options
  • 15-12-2020 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I'm Mark, I'm a 4th year student presently doing my dissertation on the psychological effects of negative television news on people.

I am looking for anyone who would like to volunteer to take part in a focus group about this topic. It is likely to take place in February or March 2021 and in probability be online too. It is also possible that it may be done individually either.

If you are interested, than please feel free to send me a PM and I can give you more details if you would like.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

MrPro wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm Mark, I'm a 4th year student presently doing my dissertation on the psychological effects of negative television news on people.

Surely it's all about how the person has programmed themselves and not what's coming out of the newsbox? Are you focusing solely on Irish TV news?

Out of interest how would you see let's say RTE 9 news, pos v neg %

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Moved to Surveys & non-media research.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MrPro

Seanergy wrote: »
    Surely it's all about how the person has programmed themselves and not what's coming out of the newsbox? Are you focusing solely on Irish TV news?

Well, that is why its an interesting topic to look at. Are people swayed by this coverage or do they dismiss it without any thought, either way, it provides opportunities to explore both angles, seeing why this is the case for both perspectives.

I think I'll be looking at UK and Irish News as it is more likely to relate to people from here, as the participants are very likely to be Irish.
    Seanergy wrote: »
    Out of interest how would you see let's say RTE 9 news, pos v neg %

I can't say for sure, I have no data in relation to that as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

Good luck with it,

Love the pharse by Bjork: Now I want to see how it operates, how it can put me into all those wierd situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MrPro

I'm back again!!

This time I have a survey about this topic, I would be grateful if anyone could take part in it. Will only a few minutes at most. Thanks!!

Just the copy link below.

surveymonkey.com/r/WDNCFGR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Sure thing pal, you're The Boss! ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement