Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

And a provari...

Maybe the guys at TBS are gonna be stocking the LT and the Provari at some point aswell? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

newmark wrote: »
    Just ordered one of these, is there anyone here who uses anything similar to punch cartos for yer tanks?

http://ie.ebid.net/for-sale/reverse-osmosis-water-feed-saddle-valve-tube-44311838.htm

If it works it will be €6.90 well spent. I seen some people on ECF using something similar but not the exact same in the states so said I'd chance it.

If anyone is looking for a cheap cart-puncher this works a treat and is a lot more solid than it looks in the picture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

good stuff, mine shipped on monday so im hoping I get it and my replacement boge 3ohms from liberty flights tomorrow of thursday. never realised how much I loved my chibi tank until i was forced to vape without it :)

Im just hoping I get my sub-mini tank before Friday because it will be next Tuesday then after that due to the bank holiday. It shipped yesterday (Monday) from Mom and Pop vapour shop. How long did it take your order to get here after it was shipped from them?

fudgicles, there's a bank holiday on monday?
    bloody snake driving welsh bastard

ive got like 5 different things coming in the post, the last thing I need is the public service taking a day off

I never actually ordered from MnP, I just heard/researched a lot about the mini subs. they're supposedly as good maybe a little better than the chibis, because of the screw to release air and fill. but thhe chibis are cheaper and it's not much effort to slid a needle in between the grommet and the tank to fill.

my order from parkesandvaping took about a week though. if it shipped monday, i dont think youll get it by friday

• Advertisement

fudgicles, there's a bank holiday on monday?
    bloody snake driving welsh bastard

ive got like 5 different things coming in the post, the last thing I need is the public service taking a day off

I never actually ordered from MnP, I just heard/researched a lot about the mini subs. they're supposedly as good maybe a little better than the chibis, because of the screw to release air and fill. but thhe chibis are cheaper and it's not much effort to slid a needle in between the grommet and the tank to fill.

my order from parkesandvaping took about a week though. if it shipped monday, i dont think youll get it by friday

Ur a gas man 5 packages I thought I was bad, it might be a long weekend for you so haha...

I ordered the chibi from parkes today as well but I've resigned myself to getting that next week.

well once these packages come I wont have to get anything ecig related until october or november :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

newmark wrote: »

I ordered the chibi from parkes today as well but I've resigned myself to getting that next week.

Just curious, why did you not buy from ecigshop.eu? Or TBS now either I suppose. Quicker delivery.

Thinking of getting one myself actually.

chibi tank is only available from parkesvaping, they make it themselves

Just curious, why did you not buy from ecigshop.eu? Or TBS now either I suppose. Quicker delivery.

No one in Ireland as far as I know supply tanks except the DCT tank which I have purchased from ecigshop but you can only use the smoktech cartomisers in that one and I want to use the boges.

• Advertisement

Ah, okay. I see now. Jesus, it's a big minefield really isn't it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I went for the chibi as well, the DCT has a bit of a reputation for leaks (though they're probably mostly from misuse) and the chibi has a reputation for being leakproof. More importantly though the DCT seems to be too long for the Boge cartos and they seem to be the gold standard for VV mods. Though I am half thinking of grabbing a DCT to use on eGo batteries as well.

nah, just get another chibi and a boge 2ohm :)

If any of the Irish vendors are reading this they might see that cartotanks are starting to become popular along with vv vaping and might try start supplying a few good quality tanks and bits and bobs.

maybe
    but it's a lot of stuff to get in to satisfy what... five of us? :)

Ah, okay. I see now. Jesus, it's a big minefield really isn't it?

It sure is but it is great fun..

maybe
    but it's a lot of stuff to get in to satisfy what... five of us? :)

They could start small and see how it goes, its a growing market. :D

nah, just get another chibi and a boge 2ohm :)

On the way already :) It's a good thing nicotine is an appetite suppressant, I can't afford to eat for a few weeks :)

ive never actually tried a 2ohm boge in the chibis, ill have to at some point. I might try and stick one of the xl versions from TBS in one when I get my carto puncher. itll stick out of the top a bit but meh, so long as it vapes

Costs a fortune doesn't it? I spent a heap a few weeks ago trying out all kinds of junk. Spent damn all on the juice as I only use about 2-3ml a day.

Last couple of weeks I've cut back though, just using DCC's. Getting a little itchy reading about all the stuff that you guys keep posting about!

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL…

• Advertisement

well i spent about 100 euro last week on supplies and such to last me the guts of six months or more
    gonna spend another 60 this week on an arry tank (if he still has them) and enough diy stuff to make 300ml of juice

I probably shouldn't get the arry tank but... meh, vaping induced consumer boner

Costs a fortune doesn't it? I spent a heap a few weeks ago trying out all kinds of junk. Spent damn all on the juice as I only use about 2-3ml a day.
    I know exactly how you feel. I spent a ton on tanks and clearos and god knows what. I hope I'm getting to the end of the road now with lavatube, chibi and boges. There isn't much else left to try except maybe bottom feeders and rebuildable atties, and they don't hold much appeal for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Best Shop have Smoketech tanks and I think Irish Vapers have them too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

stevenmu wrote: »
    I know exactly how you feel. I spent a ton on tanks and clearos and god knows what. I hope I'm getting to the end of the road now with lavatube, chibi and boges. There isn't much else left to try except maybe bottom feeders and rebuildable atties, and they don't hold much appeal for me at the moment.

Of the stuff I've got, the only thing I regret getting is the original atty and tank set up I started with(ego-t).

In the two months I'm doing this, I've only spent a fraction of what I woulda spent on analogs.

I think a carto tank is going to be my next purchase apart from carto's and juice, gonna give it till the end of next month before I make the jump on a VV device.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

well figure it out and check the resistance on those cartos :)
    should be youtube videos

Finally got round to checking those cartos and they all read about 3.2ohm but the resistance of my testing setup is 0.8. So the cartos were about 2.4ohms and they were packaged as 2.5 so not bad.

Any idea what else could be wrong?

umm
    you're running 2.5ohms on an ego battery?

that right there is your problem..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlZnGjZRjO_UdGo3VVlnVHY0VExZLVd5aDkwUEJEZXc#gid=1

look at the 2.5ohm range there
    afaik ego batteries run at 3.4v or so under load so you're running at 4.62~ watts

a 2ohm carto is 5.8 watts and a 1.5 dual coil is 7.7

i think the average happy vaping region is 5.x-8 watts, some light a bit higher .. I like to hit 10w from time to time, but I can't see anyone liking lower. 4.6 watts just isnt enough.

umm
    you're running 2.5ohms on an ego battery?

that right there is your problem..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlZnGjZRjO_UdGo3VVlnVHY0VExZLVd5aDkwUEJEZXc#gid=1

look at the 2.5ohm range there
    afaik ego batteries run at 3.4v or so under load so you're running at 4.62~ watts

a 2ohm carto is 5.8 watts and a 1.5 dual coil is 7.7

i think the average happy vaping region is 5.x-8 watts, some light a bit higher .. I like to hit 10w from time to time, but I can't see anyone liking lower. 4.6 watts just isnt enough.

OK, I am going to sound like a dunce, but how do you read that spreadsheet?

But from the sounds of it, I need more voltage.

the top horizontal row (row 2) of numbers going from 1.4 1.5 1.6 etc etc are the ohms so your cartos are 2.5ohms or thereabouts, so scroll over to the 2.5ohm (the purple bar)
    the dark grey bar to the left of that is the volts you want to check that particular ohmage at.

the vertical "volts" "watts" "amps"

the volts is.. well the volts the battery is running at your ego battery im pretty sure is 3.4 or ther abouts under load (when it is being used) a lavatube or a provari or a high volt mod can go higher

the watts is the power of the vape. a 2ohm carto at 5 volts is 12.50 watts and 2.5amps
    a 3ohm carto at 5 volts is 8.33 wats and 1.67 amps. watts is basically what you are shooting for when you get a variable volt mod. yeah you adjust the voltage and you have a fixed resistance carto, but what you are really doing is trying to find a wattage that you like.

the amps is the current. the lavatube for example has a 2.5amp limit. so in the example above of a 2ohm carto at 5 volts.. that is the limit the lavatube can push a 2ohm carto. if you look at the 3ohm cartos at 6 volts that's only 2 amps, so the lavatube again can push the 3ohm carto at 6 volts (12 watts) safely.

and yes basically you need more voltage for those cartos. variable voltage devices like the lavatube and provari are great but it'd be cheaper however to just buy lower resistance cartos :)

the top horizontal row (row 2) of numbers going from 1.4 1.5 1.6 etc etc are the ohms so your cartos are 2.5ohms or thereabouts, so scroll over to the 2.5ohm (the purple bar)
    the dark grey bar to the left of that is the volts you want to check that particular ohmage at.

the vertical "volts" "watts" "amps"

the volts is.. well the volts the battery is running at your ego battery im pretty sure is 3.4 or ther abouts under load (when it is being used) a lavatube or a provari or a high volt mod can go higher

the watts is the power of the vape. a 2ohm carto at 5 volts is 12.50 watts and 2.5amps
    a 3ohm carto at 5 volts is 8.33 wats and 1.67 amps. watts is basically what you are shooting for when you get a variable volt mod. yeah you adjust the voltage and you have a fixed resistance carto, but what you are really doing is trying to find a wattage that you like.

the amps is the current. the lavatube for example has a 2.5amp limit. so in the example above of a 2ohm carto at 5 volts.. that is the limit the lavatube can push a 2ohm carto. if you look at the 3ohm cartos at 6 volts that's only 2 amps, so the lavatube again can push the 3ohm carto at 6 volts (12 watts) safely.

and yes basically you need more voltage for those cartos. variable voltage devices like the lavatube and provari are great but it'd be cheaper however to just buy lower resistance cartos :)

I need a lavatube :D

• Advertisement

there is a lavatube v2 coming "soon"
    :)

i'd reccomend you wait a while and see if that comes out soon, but if you go out and buy a lavatube now.. you wont be dissapointed

Advertisement