Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

sryanbruen wrote: »
    And that's exactly the reason why this has been my least favourite summer I have experienced for quite a while. The lack of sun has been extremely noticeable and unlike last year, the amount of "great" sunny days this year I can count on one hand.

10th June had a poor morning with a rain shower and mostly cloudy but the rest of the day after was perfect to me (even if temperatures were suppressed). Pic of that sunny afternoon at the Baldoyle Estuary.

26th June was similar to the 10th June but there was no rain and it was overcast up until the early afternoon then cloud quickly broke up. The rest of the day was excellent. Pic of the afterglow that evening in the Wicklow Mountains.

27th June was beautifully sunny but the easterly wind was fairly breezy and gave off a chill. Pic from St. Anne's Park that evening.

3rd July was and still is the best day of the summer here in Dublin in my opinion. Low 20s temperature, blue skies for most of the day. Pic from Balbriggan Beach on that day.

7th July was nice and pleasant. There was a good deal of cloud but it tended to be light and allowed the sun to shine a fair bit throughout the day concluding with a decent mackerel sky (which was a sign of the next day being poor). Pic of the sun shining through the trees from the top of Killiney Hill Park that day.

Update this list with another few days.

23rd July was very good. Warm and sunny but I didn't get to enjoy it thanks to my foolishness of exposing myself to the sun.

1st August had the sun tending to be hazy but there was plenty of it and it felt perfect temperature wise. Sunset was the second best I had seen this summer.

OZHJD9o.jpg

2nd August was another beautiful day.

8th August was really good up until the late evening with lots of sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Atrocious day. August has been terrible nothing else to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Atrocious day. August has been terrible nothing else to say.

Yep only July this year had any sun/heat benefits :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Zipppy wrote: »
    Yep only July this year had any sun/heat benefits :(

first week of August was decent too with plenty of warm sunny spells. It's been all downhill over the past week or so. There is still a chance final week of August may be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloudy in cork city with the occasional shower, about 20 degrees though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭pad199207

Humid day today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Yes sticky
    Currently touching 21c in Arklow

Heavy Showers have arrived now. Feels very sultry almost tropical

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

feels very warm outside today, a nice improvement in temperature. Not much sun, temperature of 20C but feeling warmer than that. Phoenix Park currently 22C.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,675 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes regardless of the gloomy sky it's pretty warm out today, too warm for a jacket I found, you can't say that often in Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's mostly cloudy here today but there is some occasional sunshine and the current temperature is 21.0C.

Humidity is horrible now. Has to be a clap of thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Been deluges this afternoon and a fresh lively wind now... west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

pad199207 wrote: »
    Humidity is horrible now. Has to be a clap of thunder

There seem to be a lightning strike just off the coast in Dublin Bay. The month of August hasn’t been that great around Limerick so far. But the GFS models that can be viewed on http://netweather.tv is signalling major improvement in the weather next week.

Torrential downpour now in Kildare. 6mm in the gauge

Very windy here too a horrid day frequent heavy showers.

Very windy here too a horrid day frequent heavy showers.

Crikey,how far are you from me?
    It was a very warm day in Arklow
    Max of 22.4c in the sun
    Could see showers but they missed us
    It’s still 18.6c here but windy now

And bear in mind my weather station is in an open field,so the real ambient temp,not an enclosed heat trap garden,I’m sure some of those locally could have went mid 20’s today

Is it any wonder,that there’s so many different views on the Irish summer when you can have such a vast difference only what 100kms away as the crow flies?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Cricket,how far are you from me?
    It was a very warm day in Arklow
    Max of 22.4c in the sun
    Could see showers but they missed us
    It’s still 18.6c here but windy now

And bear in mind my weather station is in an open field,so the real ambient temp,not an enclosed heat trap garden,I’m sure some of those locally could have went mid 20’s today

Is it any wonder,that there’s so many different views on the Irish summer when you can have such a vast difference only what 100kms away as the crow flies?

I don’t have a weather station but I got soaked twice today and it’s very breezy out. No sun. Maybe someone from Waterford area will confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shannon radar is back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Bloody cold in the west. You would need a woolly hat if standing around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭appledrop

It was very humid in Dublin today. Yet again for third day in row torrential showers in afternoon. Looks like autumn is here.

appledrop wrote: »
    It was very humid in Dublin today. Yet again for third day in row torrential showers in afternoon. Looks like autumn is here.

Spring ended around June 22nd and autumn started about August 5th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

A Novemberish feel about tonight. A strong wet wind. Hopefully that nice spell next week comes to fruition.

Just checked the temp and it's 16c currently so apologies for the hyperbole. Still not very pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Back home this evening after a week of high 20's/low 30's and bright sunshine in France. Landed home to a dark, wet and windy evening with heavy showers and mist giving low visibility.

Great to be back :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A wild, loudmouthed, wet night out here and little sleep to be had in consequence. Ah well!

I had to go out soon before full darkness to tape the esb meter that was rattling and the ocean was spectacular

quieter now
    But not a morning for a romantic shore walk!

west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Back home this evening after a week of high 20's/low 30's and bright sunshine in France. Landed home to a dark, wet and windy evening with heavy showers and mist giving low visibility.

Great to be back :rolleyes:

Irish Examiner: Lack of sunshine responsible for Vitamin D deficiency in Donegal, study finds.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/lack-of-sunshine-responsible-for-vitamin-d-deficiency-in-donegal-study-finds-943754.html

Not helped by the amount of people going around with factor 50 on their face, all thanks to the cosmetics industry.

Very cool morning again. Thankfully some better weather looks to be on the way from the 23rd roughly.

Are we still on for the nice spell end of next week?

High of 21c in Arklow today
    A lovely day again with lots of sun,almost losing count of the nice days here!
    Showers have rolled in now but are passing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Beautiful day on a beach in north Co Dublin , a bit breezy but warm and pleasant

Advertisement