Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCI Racing News/Results 2020 (Spoiler Alert)

Comments

Jesus Evenpoel :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Enfilade wrote: »
    Jesus Evenpoel :eek:

Aye that was awful, looked like a hell of a fall when he went over the edge of the bridge, really hope Remco Evenepoel is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

That looked awful - I hope he is OK but that could have been steep. After a number of serious accidents in previous years, the descent down into Como is clearly really dangerous at race speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭griffin100

Here’s hoping he went over just before the ground fell away and he landed on a slope rather than falling far.

griffin100 wrote: »
    Here’s hoping he went over just before the ground fell away and he landed on a slope rather than falling far.

The bit they showed on Eurosport made it look like it was a hell of a drop, hope that was just an optical illusion.

• Advertisement

The 2 photographers on the bridge should be told to do one ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Eurosport reporting that he's conscious and he's not badly hurt

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Eurosport reporting that he's conscious and he's not badly hurt

Aye that came from DQS themselves, so it seems he hasn't done himself any major harm thankfully.

Good on Eurosport, they went to their own scenic footage while the Italian Broadcaster was showing the aftermath of the crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

That was some drop for Evenepoel. If he's got away with no serious injuries then he is quite fortunate, but we need to hear from the medics for official confirmation.

Bennett proving his worth as a rider; I wonder how long before Ineos come knocking with an offer?

• Advertisement

I'd love Bennett to take this.

That's great attacking from Bennett and Fuglsang

Well I went and put the hex on Bennett didn't I :rolleyes:

Daroxtar wrote: »
    That's great attacking from Bennett and Fuglsang

It came to a solid resolution pretty quickly, Fuglsang looks nailed on to win now.

Wow car on course ffs, took our Schachmann :eek:

He was up and away but how the hell does that even happen in a world tour race?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

The Left Hook is alive and well and living in Lombardy, I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I nearly got sick when I saw Evenepoel's crash. I did that descent off Surmano around this time last year. Thankfully he is conscious in hospital.

Fractured pelvis and lung contusion for Remco. Could have been a lot worse. https://mobile.twitter.com/deceuninck_qst/status/1294695334321500161

Nibali is a wiley old dog. He had a chat with Mollema and decided to attack on the descent. Obviously he wouldn't have intended on anyone crashing but he definitely wanted to make Remco (or anyone else for that matter) as uncomfortable as possible.

Hopefully he comes back soon and as good as ever, he's genuinely something special.

Wow car on course ffs, took our Schachmann :eek:

He was up and away but how the hell does that even happen in a world tour race?

Broken collarbone for Schachmann - was he on the tour team? I dont think so, but not now regardless. What a sh1tshow

https://twitter.com/BORAhansgrohe/status/1294708620316291073?s=20

• Advertisement

Is it curtains for CCC at this stage? Even if they find a sponsor they'll have no riders of note left and likely not in a position to sign any until they find a sponsor. Speculation that Masnada will be in a Quickstep jersey come the Giro.

Sam Bennett finished second behind Caleb Ewan in the first stage of Tour de Wallonie today. It looked like Sam had the win but Ewan just pipped him on the line.

Based on ProCyclingStats, tomorrow is flat and then the final two stages are lumpy

Is it curtains for CCC at this stage? Even if they find a sponsor they'll have no riders of note left and likely not in a position to sign any until they find a sponsor. Speculation that Masnada will be in a Quickstep jersey come the Giro.

Zakarin?

Zakarin

Zakarin

I'd forgotten about him, he rode in Poland recently and I don;t think I heard his name once.

No Giro for Evenepoel as he is admitting that his season is over

https://twitter.com/deceuninck_qst/status/1295412743097454594?s=20

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    No Giro for Evenepoel as he is admitting that his season is over

https://twitter.com/deceuninck_qst/status/1295412743097454594?s=20

Seeing him there and some of the ghoulish pics of him lying beside the bridge injured really rams home that for all his incredible talent, he's just a little kid. Hopefully he does come back as good as ever.

Did anyone see Stage 3 of the Tour de Wallonie today? Sam Bennett finished way down (nearly last) when the likes of Demare, Ewan & Bouhanni all contested the sprint

Did anyone see Stage 3 of the Tour de Wallonie today? Sam Bennett finished way down (nearly last) when the likes of Demare, Ewan & Bouhanni all contested the sprint

Yeah he went pop on the hill when a few decided to contest the intermediate sprint for bonus seconds. No idea what the gradient was as I wasn't paying much attention at the time and looked over to see him in the granny gear and waving the camera away.

His twitter feed is worth a look, amazing what TV shows and doesn't show. There were some seriously dodgy bollards on the circuit at one point.

https://twitter.com/MichaelMorkov/status/1295390885400674306

Obviously they wren't riding that :D

Highlights of the stage :

• Advertisement

GCN and Eurosport not showing Giro dell'Emilia later today. It's normally one they cover and usually a good race for the more GC type riders.

According to cycling news it's not being broadcast internationally so there should be a stream from the usual places from Italian TV hopefully.

Advertisement