Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Siemens SPC 4320

Options
  • 12-11-2015 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Im going away in 2 weeks for about 6 months and want to get an alarm diy-ed before i leave.

House has 1 door to front, 2 accessible first floor windows, large rear patio door off kitchen, workshop to rear. VM broadband. 2 indoor cats & a dog

Shopping List
    Siemens 4320 panel
    1 x HKC RF ECHO internal sounder
    1 x Siemens IMKW610 door contact for front
    2 x HKC RF SABB Wireless bell (front & workshop)
    1 dummy box ???
    2 x Siemens ADMI12W1 wireless PIRs pet friendly (landing, kitchen to rear)
    1 x Wireless PIR with camera ??? (hall)
    1 Siemens ADMI12W1 wireless PIR (for workshop)
    2 x Siemens IRCW611 key fobs

Is there anything I have left out or recommend an alternative?
    Is 2 weeks enough time to get the above fitted and fine tuned? or should i go with a simpler Yale EF-KIT3 Easy Fit Smart Phone Alarm Kit

Would anyone hazard a guess at cost within €100

Finally can I walk into Reliable Security tomorrow and get these items? If not, where could I do this or order online for quick delivery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

I see securitydirect do a hkc p2 alarm kit. Is there anywhere that does similar kits by Siemens?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You are not covering much perimeter wise. Other than than you have most of it covered.
    I would prefer the Pyronix Delta Bell over the HKC one. Much higher profile & so a better deterrent.
    deltabell-backlit.jpg

REW in Ballymount and Finglas would have everything on the list.
    RWL in Ballymount would have the Delta Bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

HKC wireless bells will only work with HKC system

You are better off with a wired bell

Pyronix is a good choice Delta Bell X and it also backlit

Thanks for your replies and advice

Is there a compatible wireless bell? Mainly because there were cables run provisionally in the house about 10 years ago but it's testing to find the correct track down the correct ones that will be time consuming/frustrating during the time I've left to get it done

Regarding perimeter protection, front is on a public road and very open so can't see much value in contact on the the gf window. Will also be picked up by pir.
    Rear door is massive so practically impossible to open. Might consider two wireless contacts for the two accessible windows at rear though

Is there a compatible pir with camera or should I go with a dedicated camera?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If there is a cable there for a bell it is easily located and tested using a meter or oscillator.
    The downside to PiRs is that the alarm wont activate untill after the intruder gains entry.

• Advertisement

Found the cable for a bell :) Delta bell e it is, not mad about an illuminated box

Do i need to ask the guys in REW for an engineer's code or anything?

Engineer code for what?
    The illumination can be turned on or off.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Engineer code for what?
    The illumination can be turned on or off.

I've seen it mentioned here in terms of panels, maybe it's other manufacturers.
    The spc mobile app takes care of all that so??

One question re the pir detector in hall, does it need to point down the hall or will it be enough to bbe fixed halfway down the length facing across the hall (approx 1200 wide? I have a wire at that location but will use wireless if it needs to face down the length of hall

A new panel would come with default engineer codes. Ideally the PiR should point up or down the hall. If it's on a side wall try angle it one way or the other.

A new panel would come with default engineer codes. Ideally the PiR should point up or down the hall. If it's on a side wall try angle it one way or the other.

Thanks for all your help. Have it all in the boot on way home now. Does a fitting manual come with it or is it downloadable?

• Advertisement

Its on a disc.
    I'LL PM you it anyway & also the latest firmware. I'm not sure if they are shipping with 360 or higher yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Interested in this SPC 4320. just wondering is it 2 core/4 core if I go the wired option.

Any chance you could send me a copy of that disc KoolKid when you have a spare minute.

Zones can be wired in 2 cores if needed.
    Keypad needs 4 cores.
    I'll PM you the manual.

Where is the Panel reg ID? Dont see it on any of the documentation or on the panel itself?

Make sure the panel is upgraded to 3-6-0 or higher.
    Goto engineer on the browser, communications, FlexC.

Make sure the panel is upgraded to 3-6-0 or higher.
    Goto engineer on the browser, communications, FlexC.

Can't access the panel using the ip address. Not sure if it's my network or the panel. At present it's not turning up even though I changed the ip address to a suitable setting using the Keypad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Have you fixed IP address?

If you are connecting to the panel locally use local IP address. Something like 192.XXX.X.X

If you are trying to connect with external IP from within the house it won't work

bbability wrote: »
    Have you fixed IP address?

If you are connecting to the panel locally use local IP address. Something like 192.XXX.X.X

If you are trying to connect with external IP from within the house it won't work

No using internal 192.168.0.100 to router at 192. 168.0.1. It may be the home plugs, will check that next

Home plugs working fine. At a loss now. Can ping it but not access it via browser. Not listed in the DHCP client list either.

So cant update it now either or get the panel id

To check if its connected enable DHCP & go back and look at the IP settings. You should see it changed to match the range & you should see the gateway assigned.

• Advertisement

To check if its connected enable DHCP & go back and look at the IP settings. You should see it changed to match the range & you should see the gateway assigned.

Turns up on the dhcp list now alright but still no access via browser

Are you going via HTTPS?
    If you are on version 3-4-5 on internet explorer goto Internet Settings > Advanced > Security > Enable SSL3

now that ive enabled ssl3 im in using IE. Thanks

Unfortunately when i tried to register the panel on spc connect site using the serial number, it locked me out for the next two hours

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: Updates now done and dusted. Just need to buy myself a battery and the RF receiver for the panel so I can install the Wireless contacts and PIRs. Thanks for all your help!!! Hopefully Ill manage the rest without too much hassle.

You don't use the serial number. After you update to 3-6-0 you will have a device ID that you can add. SPC Connect is only compatible with 3-6-0 and later.

Quick question re the wiring up parts from other suppliers (REW gave me these instead of the siemens versions) while I wait for the rf receiver

HKC Wired PIR
    > Panel
    12v+
    > 12+
    12v-
    > 12-
    Data
    > 1C
    Alarm1
    > ???
    Alarm2
    > ???
    Tamper1
    > ???
    Tamper2
    > ???
    (Currently lights up when sensing but no reaction from the alarm)

Generic pre-wired door contact
    > Panel
    Red
    > ???
    blue
    > ???
    Yellow
    > ???

Have they given you HKC point ID PiRs???
    The connections on the PiRs should be + - alarm alarm tamper tamper.
    If the PiRs are wrong ask them to change for the Siemens wired. They are a much nicer unit IMO.

On prewired contacts it can be red/yellow alarm and black/blue tamper. You should meter them out to be sure.

Yes that's the layout in the hkc point id PIR Unfortunately can't return the item as i'm down the country. I'm also leaving tomorrow so need to get this sorted tonight before I go

Well Point ID devices won't work. I have no ideaidea why anyone would give you those with a Siemens Panel.
    your contacts up and running is the best start I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

HKC PIR's will work as point ID or standard. I use them all of them time and find them very reliable, nothing wrong with them.

• Advertisement

HKC PIR's will work as point ID or standard. I use them all of them time and find them very reliable, nothing wrong with them.

The attached is what I got. Anyone able to say which cable goes where?

Advertisement