Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to install a HKC window slimline sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    ok have everything connected and now ready to program RKP.how do i do that where do i start,
    thanks again
    Albert

Power up the mains then connect the battery.

Go to zone menu to set up the names of the zones. Scroll to zone hardware to set up the zones you have wired as dual end of line. Go to the zone you have the ID motion sensor set up on in hardware and change this to point ID. go to devices menu to add this device on to the system. Go to zone types and set up the different types of zones e.g. panic, fire. Zone one should be already set up for entry exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

altor wrote: »
    Power up the mains then connect the battery.

Go to zone menu to set up the names of the zones. Scroll to zone hardware to set up the zones you have wired as dual end of line. Go to the zone you have the ID motion sensor set up on in hardware and change this to point ID. go to devices menu to add this device on to the system. Go to zone types and set up the different types of zones e.g. panic, fire. Zone one should be already set up for entry exit.

I connected mains and battery but as soon as I did the external bell started ringing so took of mains two pin plug to panet and lead off battery to stop it ringing.
    this is the way I have wired zones on panel and put front door on zone 1 as you told me.
    zone 1 front door contact only
    zone2 front living room window 2 sensors dual end of line
    zone 3 hall window 1 sensor single end of line
    zone 4 back door 1 sensor single end of line
    zone 5 pir
    zone6 panic button bedroom
    zone7 panic button hall
    zone8 spare
    zone9 kitchen window 2 sensors dual end of linr
    zone10 kitchen window 2 sensors dual end of line
    zone11 bedroom1 single end of line
    zone12 bedroom2 ditto
    zone13 bedroom3 ditto
    zone14 en suite ditto
    zone15 landing ditto
    zone16 bathroom ditto

the two smoke/heat alarms I have wired into alarm terminals on panel

I have three dual end of line and the rest single end of line so when i scroll to zone hardware and set up the dual end of line where do i scroll for the single end of line zones.
    The pir is that my motion sensor and is that the only id I have.

when i go to zone types will I find the zone for smoke alarms there also seeing they are not in a zone,

your a great teacher could not have got this far without your help,

Thanks Albert

When you power up the alarm you will need to enter 1111 to disarm the alarm, then enter 04567 to get in to engineering.

In the zone menu go to zone types to change the different types.
    In the zone menu go to zone hardware to change the loop type, scroll through to change to dual, single plus you change the motion zone to point id in here. It will scan and tell you how many points you have on that zone.

If you go into service menu after this there is a walk for testing zones plus points. Do a walk test and let me know how you get on ;)

When you power up the alarm you will need to enter 1111 to disarm the alarm, then enter 04567 to get in to engineering.

In the zone menu go to zone types to change the different types.
    In the zone menu go to zone hardware to change the loop type, scroll through to change to dual, single plus you change the motion zone to point id in here. It will scan and tell you how many points you have on that zone.

If you go into service menu after this there is a walk for testing zones plus points. Do a walk test and let me know how you get on ;)

what is loop type
    are single and dual the same loop type .i am confused by this,by motion zone do you mean my pir and i change this to point id.

will have a go this evening or in morning have to go to my Sons today taking me out for lunch,
    Albert

are single and dual the same loop type .i am confused by this,

No, single will just have one resistor and no resistor in the tamper but 4 cores coming back to the panel. Dual is two resistors covering alarm and tamper.
    by motion zone do you mean my pir and i change this to point id.

Correct, change this in the hardware to point ID. You will need to add this device in the devices menu.
    will have a go this evening or in morning have to go to my Sons today taking me out for lunch,
    Albert

Have a good day.

• Advertisement

No, single will just have one resistor and no resistor in the tamper but 4 cores coming back to the panel. Dual is two resistors covering alarm and tamper.

Correct, change this in the hardware to point ID. You will need to add this device in the devices menu.

Have a good day.

i wired the sensors as the diagram you posted me for dual and single end wiring and in the single end wiring sensor you have two resistors and this is the way i wired them with two wires coming back to panel.With the two sensors fitted on a window with two openings i wired them as your dual end of wiring and one sensor has two resistors and the other no resistors and two wires coming back to board.

you posted me diagram on 27 july dual and single wiring this is the way i done them

i wired the sensors as the diagram you posted me for dual and single end wiring and in the single end wiring sensor you have two resistors and this is the way i wired them with two wires coming back to panel.With the two sensors fitted on a window with two openings i wired them as your dual end of wiring and one sensor has two resistors and the other no resistors and two wires coming back to board.

you posted me diagram on 27 july dual and single wiring this is the way i done them

They are all dual end of line not single end of line then. If they are on there own i just meant a single device, nothing to do with the resistors.

TIMERS MENU - CHANGE TIME AND DATE
    USERS MENU - CHANGE USER CODE
    USERS MENU, SCROLL TO ENGINEER CODE AND CHANGE

If you are connecting a dialer on to the alarm connect before you power up the alarm.

To set this up you need to go into the serial port menu press yes, modem service menu press yes, scroll to sms text menu press yes. It will have site name - put house alarm or what ever you want to put in there. Press quit, scroll to text phone numbers P 01 0871234567, P 02 0871234568 up to 19 numbers. You wont need that many :D

If you want the pir off at night but all the windows and doors on go to the zone menu, press yes, scroll to options menu, press yes, scroll to zone 5, press yes scroll to include in part guard A press yes.

Any problems let me know ;)

I should of said you can connect the text card and turn off line monitor if your not connecting the phone line up straight away. It might be the best way to go starting off.

To do this go to the serial port menu press yes, modem service menu press yes, scroll to options menu press yes, scroll to line monitor menu press yes. Set to no and press quit.

I should of said you can connect the text card and turn off line monitor if your not connecting the phone line up straight away. It might be the best way to go starting off.

To do this go to the serial port menu press yes, modem service menu press yes, scroll to options menu press yes, scroll to line monitor menu press yes. Set to no and press quit.

have been sick all week and just tried to set alarm.connected panel to mains and then put in 1111 and then 04567 then what came up next was user code
    what it is this.

I have not bought a digi dialler yet will fit this later when everything else is working

• Advertisement

have been sick all week and just tried to set alarm.connected panel to mains and then put in 1111 and then 04567 then what came up next was user code
    what it is this.

I have not bought a digi dialler yet will fit this later when everything else is working

You need to enter 1111 as the user must give the engineer access to your alarm.

That will be grand, you will need to power down the alarm to put the dialer on to the board.

You need to enter 1111 as the user must give the engineer access to your alarm.

That will be grand, you will need to power down the alarm to put the dialer on to the board.

maybe better to buy digi dialler first what you think is best.
    which did you say was the best

got to zone menu but dont know what to do next and how to write in front door etc

maybe better to buy digi dialler first what you think is best.
    which did you say was the best

got to zone menu but dont know what to do next and how to write in front door etc

The SW-DMTC is for your panel.

When you go into engineering it will come up service menu, pressing next will bring you into the next menu. You are looking for zones. When you see this press yes. This will bring you into this menu, quit will bring you out of the menu. navigate with the * and # button. Yes to accept, quit to exit.

Any problems let me know.

The SW-DMTC is for your panel.

When you go into engineering it will come up service menu, pressing next will bring you into the next menu. You are looking for zones. When you see this press yes. This will bring you into this menu, quit will bring you out of the menu. navigate with the * and # button. Yes to accept, quit to exit.

Any problems let me know.

have named the 16 zones and now into hardware..zone 5 is my PIR and changed that to ID but it is saying it cant find it.I have left the lid of the Pir OPEN as it says to close the lid when prompted by panel.
    I have changed all the rest to dual including the two panic buttons which are wired with 2 resistors.

Should I fit the cover to the main panel as I have not put this on yet.

have named the 16 zones and now into hardware..zone 5 is my PIR and changed that to ID but it is saying it cant find it.I have left the lid of the Pir OPEN as it says to close the lid when prompted by panel.
    I have changed all the rest to dual including the two panic buttons which are wired with 2 resistors.

Should I fit the cover to the main panel as I have not put this on yet.

Did you connect the power on the unit, it comes off the 12v off the panel.
    Once you change the hardware to point ID you can go into the devices menu, add P50-P59 devices, it will scan through and let you know if it can find the pir.

If you go into the service menu there is a walk test in there for testing all the sensors.

It will only mater about the main panel cover when you come out of engineering.

Did you connect the power on the unit, it comes off the 12v off the panel.
    Once you change the hardware to point ID you can go into the devices menu, add P50-P59 devices, it will scan through and let you know if it can find the pir.

If you go into the service menu there is a walk test in there for testing all the sensors.

It will only mater about the main panel cover when you come out of engineering.

have connected mains and battery and the 2 pin plug with yellow leads and presume this is the 12v .Have named all zones and changed to DUAL.

Now I will go into devices and try to do that.What about my smoke alarms that are not on a zone direct to panel

have connected mains and battery and the 2 pin plug with yellow leads and presume this is the 12v .Have named all zones and changed to DUAL.

Now I will go into devices and try to do that.What about my smoke alarms that are not on a zone direct to panel

That is all correct. The pir needs 12v off the board, did you connect this ?

What about my smoke alarms that are not on a zone direct to panel

Can you explain more ?

Can you explain more ?

wired PIR three wires.two to 12v and then data to left hand side of zone 5 leaving in link and leaving in link for tamper.

Went into ad P50-59 devices and it said close tamper so I closed lid of pir but it is still saying close tamper.I did not wire tamper in Pir.

My smoke alarms I wired into side of expander board where it says 1 nc and 2 nc

wired PIR three wires.two to 12v and then data to left hand side of zone 5 leaving in link and leaving in link for tamper.

Is there a light on the pir ?
    Went into ad P50-59 devices and it said close tamper so I closed lid of pir but it is still saying close tamper.I did not wire tamper in Pir.

There is no need to wire in the tamper as the data bus will check this once Enrolled

My smoke alarms I wired into side of expander board where it says 1 nc and 2 nc

These are relay outputs. You need to wire these into a zone.

• Advertisement

Is there a light on the pir ?

yes blue light

There is no need to wire in the tamper as the data bus will check this once Enrolled

These are relay outputs. You need to wire these into a zone.

so how do i wire them.I have one circuit going to board from one on landing and then a link to the one in hall.I linked out the 12v supply and then used two wires for each alarm and wired them c and nc.At the board I wired them into expander connected them to c1 and nc 1 and c2 and nc2 and connected the 12v.

so how do i wire them.I have one circuit going to board from one on landing and then a link to the one in hall.I linked out the 12v supply and then used two wires for each alarm and wired them c and nc.At the board I wired them into expander connected them to c1 and nc 1 and c2 and nc2 and connected the 12v.

They just get wired into a zone. If you have GREEN - WHITE in C-NC in the smoke detector then put that into the alarm side of the zone in the panel. Make sure you change the zone type to fire.

Did you get the pir working ?

Did you get the pir working ?

no it is lighting blue but still saying close tamper.

I have used GREEN-WHITE FOR 12V and the RED-BLACK AND YELLOW-BLUE for alarms.can i join these together and put them in same zone 8 as this is only spare zone I have and does it matter which way around they go c and nc when i connect to zone and do i leave link in tamper.

no it is lighting blue but still saying close tamper.

When you pressed the tamper on the pir did the internal bell ring ?

I have used GREEN-WHITE FOR 12V and the RED-BLACK AND YELLOW-BLUE for alarms.can i join these together and put them in same zone 8 as this is only spare zone I have and does it matter which way around they go c and nc when i connect to zone and do i leave link in tamper.

It is not advisable to wire the two on the same zone.
    If you wanted you could get 2 point ID modules and wire the smoke detectors into these.

It does not mater which way they go into the zone in the panel.

When you pressed the tamper on the pir did the internal bell ring ?

It is not advisable to wire the two on the same zone.
    If you wanted you could get 2 point ID modules and wire the smoke detectors into these.

It does not mater which way they go into the zone in the panel.

when i open cover of pir and press tamper a buzzer sounds in panel.
    how much are point ID modules and how do i wire them.Do i need two if i have one spare zone.

do i add keypad and expander to devices and anything else

when i open cover of pir and press tamper a buzzer sounds in panel.
    how much are point ID modules and how do i wire them.Do i need two if i have one spare zone.

do i add keypad and expander to devices and anything else

Check at the keypad to see if it is identified on to the system. When you ID the point pir (say point 50)it will move on to the next point after you identify the first one (point 51). Then it will say press tamper to identify the next point.
    You can have 10 point sensors on one zone.

If you scan the point zone it will say how many point plus if you keep looking it will tell you how many it has identified.

Yes add the expander plus keypad in the same way.

I would install two for the smoke in the panel. It will look neater this way as you dont want the module beside the smoke detector. You identify these the same way you do the pir, by the tamper. The GREEN - WHITE will go into the alarm side of the module. I will post a picture of the wiring plus module later.

Check at the keypad to see if it is identified on to the system. When you ID the point pir (say point 50)it will move on to the next point after you identify the first one (point 51). Then it will say press tamper to identify the next point.
    You can have 10 point sensors on one zone.

If you scan the point zone it will say how many point plus if you keep looking it will tell you how many it has identified.

Yes add the expander plus keypad in the same way.

I would install two for the smoke in the panel. It will look neater this way as you dont want the module beside the smoke detector. You identify these the same way you do the pir, by the tamper. The GREEN - WHITE will go into the alarm side of the module. I will post a picture of the wiring plus module later.

i tthink i have done pir it says identified p50 but how can i be sure.when i tried to add expander it says found 1 then identified 0 then close tamper has no ID and same with rkp.what tamper do i close for expander and rkp

i tthink i have done pir it says identified p50 but how can i be sure.when i tried to add expander it says found 1 then identified 0 then close tamper has no ID and same with rkp.what tamper do i close for expander and rkp

If you go into the service menu you can test the points, walk in front of the pir and the internal bell should ring.

Go into the point menu to change the name of the point plus go into the options in this menu to set to have the pir off at night.

If you are using a metal housing 8 zone expander there should be a spring on it to press to identify.

• Advertisement

If you go into the service menu you can test the points, walk in front of the pir and the internal bell should ring.

Go into the point menu to change the name of the point plus go into the options in this menu to set to have the pir off at night.

If you are using a metal housing 8 zone expander there should be a spring on it to press to identify.

expander is not metal same as main panel there is a spring on main panel which i tried but cant see anything on expander panel

Advertisement