Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fall Guys (PC/PS4) The BR to end all BR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

It’s something I’d come back to regularly if it was split screen, it could make a great party game.

But as it is, I played it for an evening and I think I’m done. There’s some fun to be had but it gets repetitive pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Star Lord wrote: »
    Top tip for see saw: Dive before you land on a sloped see saw. Unless it's nearly vertical, you'll be able to land and regain your feet, whereas just straight up jumping will often result in a stagger/fall!
    I've managed to end in the first 10 (and sometimes 1st!) despite not getting on the see saw at the very start! And a little patience with almost vertical ones, where people have just piled on can get you going well!

Something clicked with this, as I got through it without one fall 3 times tonight :) Also just getting the hang of the angles, when not to jump etc

Now ... that %^$ing egg basket game ... grrr :D

quokula wrote: »
    It’s something I’d come back to regularly if it was split screen, it could make a great party game.

But as it is, I played it for an evening and I think I’m done. There’s some fun to be had but it gets repetitive pretty quickly.

Split screen would be cool, but then your mates drop out first/second round and have to wait until you finish. If they added some team specific modes maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Split screen would be cool, but then your mates drop out first/second round and have to wait until you finish. If they added some team specific modes maybe

Would love them to do some form of local offline multiplayer, even just splitscreen races or the tag ones.

Basically anything that would stop my nephews playing that f*cking Gangbeasts game....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Got my second win last night, the first without the help of the dodgy servers! It was on the race final where you have to grab the crown at the top. I'd lost on that a few times before, but this time there were only 7 in the final which made it alot more manageable. There were 3 of us at the top lined up to grab it, but the other 2 completely misjudged their jumps.

shrewdness wrote: »
    Got my second win last night, the first without the help of the dodgy servers! It was on the race final where you have to grab the crown at the top. I'd lost on that a few times before, but this time there were only 7 in the final which made it alot more manageable. There were 3 of us at the top lined up to grab it, but the other 2 completely misjudged their jumps.

Seen a lot of people mis time that one or forget/not know to grab it

I would be up for offline, my daughter is a bit of a mini gamer and plays the likes of Roblox a lot - which has mini games very similar to FG. She plays online with her friends, but now and then she'll play some offline games with her oul' fella :D mostly it's been fighting games like Tekken or Soul Calibur, or we'll take turns on levels of a platformer. Something like this might even get my non gaming other daughter involved if it was done right.

The football one might work, and if they could add more like it, maybe some kind of pong/tennis? More up/downhill obstacle course races or ... add cars!!! I don't mind if they completely go ahead and rip off Mario Kart and add in some courses like that :D

shrewdness wrote: »

My first time reaching the crown on that one, I knew you had to press R2 to grab it.

Didn't know it mattered that it was physically too high to reach, thought it was just stayed stationary and you just pressed R2 to "grab" it. Only realised it moves up and down after I'd fallen.

The hardest game imo is the fruit fall one. If you get hit you can often barely get a chance to get up before being hit again, and the travellator doesn't help matters much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Jumped in for a quick round while I was waiting on some work stuff to complete, and managed to snag victory on Fall Mountain, despite being pummelled and knocked over a few times! Just got lucky that the others that got up before me mistimed their jumps!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Door Dash is ****ing chaos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Unlike a few on here, I really hope they keep the single side of it just as important as the team games. I'm not a fan of the team based ones, I hate being brought down by useless team mates! :P But variation is key here, they need to keep the levels fresh, or more dynamic. Rejigging some of them would be good.

But where I think this game will really take off are collaberations with other companies. Like the above CDPR one, you can see Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat character designs, Marvel/DC, films, tv, music. The possibilities are endless in that regard, but it will still come down to variety at the end of the day. I would be 100% behind a Total Wipeout version, one player against the clock, leaderboards, etc. Lots and lots of potential here, I just hope they can keep up with the very limited attention spans of a lot of gamers.

Also need more prizes for second/third/top 10, etc. Missing out by milliseconds on the win is extra frustrating to know you don't get much else compared to the rest. Like the fox tail game for example, the person who had the tail for the longest should get a bonus, more than 1 should be able to grab the crown for placements, etc. Maybe get people who were eliminated spectating, having water cannons or something like that to mess with the remaining contestants, like the lads shooting canon balls at you in the bridge game in Takeshis Castle! There's more colabs, Takeshis Castle, Ninja Warrior, Total Wipeout... Endless possibilities! And from what I've read, Devolver Digital are a pretty sound bunch who are good at what they do, so here's hoping!

Final Thought - Far Cry: Blood Dragon themed levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally tried this last night, just one game before bed and it was brilliant. Finished 7th which I was quite happy with seeing as I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Can you jump in to the same game with a party of players?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...more than 1 should be able to grab the crown...

Looks like that happened yesterday!
    https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1291439278636052481

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Can you jump in to the same game with a party of players?

You can form a team of you and up to three mates from the main screen. But of course only one of you can win, so there'll have to be betrayal at some stage! ;)

Star Lord wrote: »

Saw a clip somewhere of a guy who jumped for the crown when it was too low, ended up being able to climb on top of it but didn't register it as a win. Someone else grabbed the crown while he was standing on top of it.

Think the devs are aware of it and preparing a fix. That'd be a sickener.

Won another few last night. Usually Hex-a-gone. The tail tag one as final round is just pointless if you've fewer than five in the final round. Played one last night were there was only three of us in final round and there was just no hope of catching him. It only works when the person with the tail is somewhat cornered or you flank them. With only two or three chasing him, there are too many escape routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Played a few games yest and really enjoyed it. Think this will be my game of choice for the foreseeable. Just jump in and play so enjoy that. Off today from work but servers down all morning doh.

Unlike a few on here, I really hope they keep the single side of it just as important as the team games. I'm not a fan of the team based ones, I hate being brought down by useless team mates! :P But variation is key here, they need to keep the levels fresh, or more dynamic. Rejigging some of them would be good.

But where I think this game will really take off are collaberations with other companies. Like the above CDPR one, you can see Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat character designs, Marvel/DC, films, tv, music. The possibilities are endless in that regard, but it will still come down to variety at the end of the day. I would be 100% behind a Total Wipeout version, one player against the clock, leaderboards, etc. Lots and lots of potential here, I just hope they can keep up with the very limited attention spans of a lot of gamers.

Also need more prizes for second/third/top 10, etc. Missing out by milliseconds on the win is extra frustrating to know you don't get much else compared to the rest. Like the fox tail game for example, the person who had the tail for the longest should get a bonus, more than 1 should be able to grab the crown for placements, etc. Maybe get people who were eliminated spectating, having water cannons or something like that to mess with the remaining contestants, like the lads shooting canon balls at you in the bridge game in Takeshis Castle! There's more colabs, Takeshis Castle, Ninja Warrior, Total Wipeout... Endless possibilities! And from what I've read, Devolver Digital are a pretty sound bunch who are good at what they do, so here's hoping!

Final Thought - Far Cry: Blood Dragon themed levels!

I don't think many are fans of the team based games, watch any stream and they always moan when egg basket or tail grab or jinx pops up.

I hate them. There's zero communication, the really are just pot luck as to who you land with. The only one that's fun is the football one, actually both football ones are fine [the push ball downhill one too] The jump through hoops one is ok too, no way for any team to be targetted. I've been eliminated too many times now because of clueless teams - the egg basket one in particular really drives me nuts - half your team fighting over a golden egg while the other 2 teams are raiding your basket and you're the only one trying to defend .... Argh!!! I honestly feel like just quiting when that one pops up.

Not got one win yet, but been in the final round many times. I would be all for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes too, [maybe 3/2/1 crowns] because I feel the longer players go without getting crowns the more chance they will lose interest

Penn wrote: »
    Won another few last night. Usually Hex-a-gone. The tail tag one as final round is just pointless if you've fewer than five in the final round. Played one last night were there was only three of us in final round and there was just no hope of catching him. It only works when the person with the tail is somewhat cornered or you flank them. With only two or three chasing him, there are too many escape routes.

Just happened again. 2nd round was slime climb which I guess a lot of people just left because 40 of us started and only 3 made it through. Final round was tail tag and because there were only two of us chasing him, not a hope of catching.

I guess a lot of people have trouble with slime climb because last time I played it there were 30 qualifying spots at the start and only 8 by the end. Never found it too bad myself bar the bit where you've to go across the beams.

I think the later rounds (3/4), if they're not team based, have a hidden timer, so if people are taking too long to get to the end, they will be eliminated anyway. If there's a timer, it should be displayed. And even those who don't qualify should still be able to pass the line and then see if they got through only to be belted off the grid at the end. Would add a bit more excitement to it imo.

I think the later rounds (3/4), if they're not team based, have a hidden timer, so if people are taking too long to get to the end, they will be eliminated anyway. If there's a timer, it should be displayed. And even those who don't qualify should still be able to pass the line and then see if they got through only to be belted off the grid at the end. Would add a bit more excitement to it imo.

Actually, I just remembered that slime climb has rising slime which auto-eliminates you. Only saw it once (and managed to avoid) but have gotten through quick enough that I haven't seen it again.

Penn wrote: »
    Actually, I just remembered that slime climb has rising slime which auto-eliminates you. Only saw it once (and managed to avoid) but have gotten through quick enough that I haven't seen it again.

I think there's 2 slime climb ones, one has the last part where there is a wide area with the bouncy things moving left and right while the slime comes down, staying far left/right allows you to avoid them, so that'll probably be patched, but I don't believe that level has rising slime.

It's the other one that starts with a straight and then into a zig zag kinda level, with moving platforms to push you back down. That has the rising slime, and is bastard hard in the middle of a crowd. Only finished it once, and I actually turned around near the end to wave at anyone else coming, and the second I passed the line the level ended so I think everyone else had died!

• Advertisement

Be a waver, not a griefer :)

I can get to the final round most games now but still not getting any W ... it doesn't help that the servers are still junk, been DC'd in the midst of some good rounds now. Think I'll leave it until it's officially stable

Also, notice they removed player names, I think people were abusing it with obscene/controversial names - they really should have set a filter prior to release

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Had my 2nd round of games tonight and won one. My joypad was dripping in sweat after it :pac:

On the egg one, i just spent the whole match with my team taking eggs off me, absolute eejits.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Had my 2nd round of games tonight and won one. My joypad was dripping in sweat after it :pac:

On the egg one, i just spent the whole match with my team taking eggs off me, absolute eejits.

Yeah that's my kinda experience on the egg basket one, really hate when that one pops up. It's a fun game overall without a doubt, they need to up their server capacity and sort a few other niggles and it'll be fine. Feels a bit like a Beta still.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Feels a bit like a Beta still.

I was on the beta for a while and you are spot on, this was exactly the problem in beta.

Really loving this. Yet to get first win unfortunately. Been down to a one on one a couple time in hex a gone but blew it both times. Great game and just what I've been looking for in something yon can spend a half hour on or 5 hours without being left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

This is on PS Plus at the moment with COD:2. Looks like a good month and i'll be downloading this. Seems like a good laugh

First win in the bag finally. Came down to only 3 people in royal fumble which was pretty lucky. The games great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Can't get past slime climb, can't for the life of me cross that second beam, always bottle it. 4 or 5 attempts with no joy. Very few seem to qualify through it so mastering that would go a long way to actually winning a game.

I despise the tag tail events. Players on your own team robbing your tail drives me insane.

I like the football ones although they shouldn't be possible with uneven numbers. So stupid.

Yet to get a win either although it says I've 1 but don't remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't remember many, if any, multiplayer games I've played where I'm constantly losing and still having a laugh.

• Advertisement

Brozy wrote: »
    Can't get past slime climb, can't for the life of me cross that second beam, always bottle it. 4 or 5 attempts with no joy. Very few seem to qualify through it so mastering that would go a long way to actually winning a game.

I despise the tag tail events. Players on your own team robbing your tail drives me insane.

I like the football ones although they shouldn't be possible with uneven numbers. So stupid.

Yet to get a win either although it says I've 1 but don't remember it.

Its funny though, I've played a few of the football ones where I've been on a team with fewer players and still manage to win. Even a game of the proper football one last night where it was our team of 6 vs 7, we won 5-1. Uneven team games shouldn't be possible, but they're also not that much harder.

Also, you might have gotten a crown as a reward for levelling up rather than winning. Every few levels the reward is a crown.

Advertisement