Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokemon Go Mark III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

glenjamin wrote: »
    Finally won my first 5 star raid in beating Kyurem. After 12 balls I couldn't catch him and he fled. Devastated!

Now that raids are live would anyone be interested in doing a WhatsApp group for invites?

I had the same a week ago, big group around me do the 5 star raids on the first "raid hour" for new ones. Got to join in time, ended up with 14 balls and caught nothing but ****ing air, of course the wife got it first ball....

I'd be up for it anyway. How else would you send the code and enter it and join in in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Finally won my first 5 star raid in beating Kyurem. After 12 balls I couldn't catch him and he fled. Devastated!

Now that raids are live would anyone be interested in doing a WhatsApp group for invites?

Same for me. But it will happen eventually for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I had the same a week ago, big group around me do the 5 star raids on the first "raid hour" for new ones. Got to join in time, ended up with 14 balls and caught nothing but ****ing air, of course the wife got it first ball....

I'd be up for it anyway. How else would you send the code and enter it and join in in time?

When in you're in the lobby you're able to invite friends to the raid. If we used WhatsApp we could see who is free to help in the raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LKG

Yes I’d be up for the WhatsApp group.

Also @Glenjamjn we are going to to best friends in a few days, keep an eye so we can coordinate lucky egg :)

I’m mrsmc974

Whatsapp group sounds good. No-one is ever around to do the raids near my place, I've already missed out on Zekrom and Reshiram as a result. :( Being able to remote into popular raids would be very cool (and then of course I'd probably fail to catch it anyway! :pac: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Anyone doing a meet up tomorrow for Gastly day in Dublin or is anything planned for next weekend yet

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Loads of info spilling out for Go Fest and Post Go Fest lots of good things gonna happen loads of required quests to gain post fest rewards no.info of what's actually happening on day 1 yet just we have lots to do and loads to gain.

Can't wait for Saturday I'm clearing out 700 from my 2500 the storage has been upped to 3500 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

I’d be up for that for sure. 0887 0954 0916 Is trainer code and Fionnman is user. Cheers.let me know and I can pn you my number.

Here's a query now, so someone invites me to a raid, from somewhere down the country say, if it's an ex-raid gym, and the target is hit to have an ex-raid encounter, how will invites get dished out?

Can I be invited to the raid, if I have a pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Clickclock12

I think it is in the order they are sent you can only invite 5 and if only 2 of those accept then that’s it. I’ve got invited to raids but if only two or three accept the invitation then it is hard to beat the 5 star boss. That said I have now got dialga, kyurem and Giratina all thanks to raid invitations. Getting the coins to buy the remote pass is my problem 77 today and hoping for 50 more but that will only get me one more pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Is the august community day really Magikarp, that is just pathetic, what has happened to this game

I'll play to get a shiny, that's it. Have 2 gyarados and over 700 candy currently so it's a real slap in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,709 ✭✭✭✭phog

Sawduck wrote: »
    Is the august community day really Magikarp, that is just pathetic, what has happened to this game

I suppose it suits players who haven't been playing since the start so they get candy and a shiny.

I have 5 Hundo Magikarps and 3 Hundo Gyarados and a ton of candy. On CD I'll evolve 2 of the Magikarps, I want to keep one as a Hundo and keep the other two in case there's new moves off into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Sawduck wrote: »
    I'm looking at it more from the 3x stardust perspective.

Sick of the ultra week already. Far too many staryus and the other pink ****ers

At least last week I caught a perfect dratini so was happy out catching the others for the candy and dust to power up and have a perfect dragonite

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got a few shinies this week already, so beats the dross of that dragon week at least for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm out playing as much as I can have done or invited a few to remote raid stopped using my other accounts only using one now 0wenXIII. 4 Deoxys caught out of 9 raids still no shinies yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I hate this werks theme. Staryu everywhere. I didnt even bother with the spotlight house last night either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So, Megas have come to go. Raids are fairly tough, need a decent sized group to take them down reasonably fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

Angron wrote: »
    So, Megas have come to go. Raids are fairly tough, need a decent sized group to take them down reasonably fast.

Would love if anyone could add me to raid group.

Code below.
    0887 0954 0916

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Got a shiny Charizard from a mega raid, but kind of pointless since he can't evolve to get the CD moves

Until they increase the remote raid passes to over 3 and include them in a box for 1480 I'm done buying them

My buddies name is now NoRemoteRaids

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Good decision. I’ve only done 1 mega raid so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Darksoul

In celebration of our Mega September event, you can purchase a one-time bundle of three Remote Raid Passes for 1 PokéCoin in the shop! Remember, you must have fewer than three Remote Raid Passes to purchase more. Learn more here:

https://pokemongolive.com/post/remoteraidmegas2020

I just did a mega raid to complete the special research. A bracelet? Seriously? I want my remote raid pass back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I just did a mega raid to complete the special research. A bracelet? Seriously? I want my remote raid pass back!
    I have the bracelets and I haven't done a Mega Raid yet. I don't think I will do one either.

I loved Megas in ORAS and my Ash-Greninja in Sun but Megas in PoGo seem like a waste of time and resources. The most exciting thing about the September events are more Rhyhorn because I missed Rhyhorn Community Day.

They've tweaked some stuff for the Megas now, but they still don't really seem worth the effort to do the raids.

Not worth spending money on the remote passes I have 20 premium passes still will be in Stephens Green tomorrow am hoping to use a few I'm still hunting a shiny shinx so might go all out for that if there's any about that us

Today I was briefly the owner of two entirely black Tangelas. They weren't shiny (the shiny is green) so I thought they might be some kind of special edition. Alas a few minutes later they had turned back into regular ones (and were promptly transferred out), so it was just some temporary graphics glitch.

Wish I'd taken a screenshot now. Farewell, my short-lived black noodly friends. :(

• Advertisement

It's commonly known as the ninja glitch the holy grail of it being shiny Psyduck for a Sub Zero look.

3 more remote raid passes on Thursday for 1 coin only if you have less than 3 passes in your box.

Advertisement