Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fire Engine, siren but no lights

• 26-01-2020 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Was middle of a busy Dublin crossroads at night turning right. Heard emergency services siren, so looked in all directions and mirrors for blue flashing lights, but could not see any.

Traffic lights turned red and I had to make my turn to clear the junction only to see a fire engine bearing down on me...siren going but no blue lights. It just looked like any other lorry, and I did not expect anything to be coming. I am fairly sure it went through red lights.

So while we weren't particularly close to colliding, it gave me a scare.

Surely this isn't normal? Why weren't the lights flashing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mr cowen

probably forgot to switch them on,

alot of the fire trucks are old and the lights and noise are independent of each other, so the siren which is attached to the horn can be activated without the blue lights being turn on. the newer scanias have a more modern system which means the 999 mode has to be activated first before and noise or blue lights work.

It could be that the lights failed also, it wouldn't be unknown for fire trucks to be faulty.

Advertisement