Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Country 2 Country (C2C 2019)

• 23-10-2018 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,332 ✭✭✭✭

It's just been confirmed that Country 2 Country, which is Europe's biggest country music festival, is back at 3Arena Dublin for its sixth year from Friday 8 to Sunday 10 March 2019, with yet another incredible line up from the C2C team.

With his first show in the UK or Ireland for over ten years, a major coup for C2C, the celebrated four time Grammy (™) Award winner, chart record breaker and international superstar Keith Urban will play C2C for the first time ever.

While one of Nashville’s most revered and hugely acclaimed musician’s Chris Stapleton makes his much-anticipated return to the festival in a headline spot.

Superstar trio and award winning fan favourites Lady Antebellum also return as headliners, following their hugely popular show at 3Arena last year.

Keith Urban said: “I'm totally psyched to be getting back to the UK & Ireland to play some shows.

https://www.hotpress.com/music/keith-urban-lady-antebellum-chris-stapleton-announced-for-country-2-country-2019-at-3arena-22760299

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Should be good. Got myself 2 tickets to Saturday's shows. I say they are saving the best seats for the public sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Is there an early access link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Is there an early access link?

There was an email sent to anyone who had bought a ticket to a previous year's event that allowed you to buy tickets today. I got one for the Saturday night but the ones on option were pretty poor seats so maybe you're better off waiting for the general sale when the whole arena will be available

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

I bought ones last year but was sent a link to the UK site so couldn't buy for Dublin. Emailed about it but it was obviously ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

No standing tickets this time. Fairly poor decision. Went the previous 4 years. Won't be going this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Just nosebleed left for Stapleton. I can't justify the cost for wife and I. I was busy on Friday so tough for me.
    Gonna leave it for 2019 and hope he comes back some time for a full show - I'll have a livelier trigger finger!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

Yes, only seats up the back available - have the rest sold out that soon? :eek:

Wegian wrote: »
    Yes, only seats up the back available - have the rest sold out that soon? :eek:

Tickets seem to be sold in batches these days so even though there's none available now, it doesn't necessarily mean it's sold out. Try again in a few weeks and seats in the other areas might appear again.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

Tickets seem to be sold in batches these days so even though there's none available now, it doesn't necessarily mean it's sold out. Try again in a few weeks and seats in the other areas might appear again.

I'm convinced for 3Arena gigs they hold back the best seats when the tickets first go on sale. They hope people will just panic and buy whatever comes up. Then they sell the best seats at a later stage. It happens too often where bad seats are coming up the minute tickets go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭bullpost

What sort of vibe is this show? Is it aimed at mainstream country fans?

I'm not a big country fan but I like non-mainstream acts like Lyall Lovett, KD Lang and Guy Clark. Was thinking of going on Saturday to see Lyall Lovett and would be happy to pay the ticket price just to see him , just not sure if I'd enjoy the others on the bill .

• Advertisement

bullpost wrote: »
    What sort of vibe is this show? Is it aimed at mainstream country fans?

I'm not a big country fan but I like non-mainstream acts like Lyall Lovett, KD Lang and Guy Clark. Was thinking of going on Saturday to see Lyall Lovett and would be happy to pay the ticket price just to see him , just not sure if I'd enjoy the others on the bill .

I’m new to country (more a metal head) but like the odd country artist and was a big fan of Zac Brown so went to his show at C2C a couple of years back. It was good fun and leaving I had become a fan of Maren Morris who was on the bill so you might hear someone else you like.

I’m going that same night as you as I absolutely love Chris Stapleton the headliner that night. He is brilliant so even if you’re only going for LL, you won’t be disappointed with CS on afterwards.

Edit - with YouTube and Spotify these days it’s easy to check out artists so you could have a search and see if you like the other artists stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Anyone been before who can tell me what the timings are like?
    I'm thinking of attending the Sunday 10th gig in London with:

Chris Stapleton (headlining)
    Lyle Lovett
    Ashley McBryde
    Drake White & the Big Fire

I was wondering, it says doors at 5.30pm, but I'm really only interested in Chris Stapleton, so how long do each of the smaller acts go on for, and how long is the headliner usually on stage?

Thanks!

Mackleton wrote: »

Lyle Lovett
    Ashley McBryde

I was wondering, it says doors at 5.30pm, but I'm really only interested in Chris Stapleton, so how long do each of the smaller acts go on for, and how long is the headliner usually on stage?

Thanks!

More than likely Chris Stapleton will be on at 9:00pm if the doors are clsoing at 10:30pm
    Not sure though you'll definitely know the accurate times during next week though.

The C2C website has "Please note all stage times are approximate and might be subject to change" so I'd imagine closer to the day they'll be posting them up there.

And as it's the Sunday night you're going to, the times from the Friday/Saturday night Chris Stapleton gigs will be known by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

The C2C website has "Please note all stage times are approximate and might be subject to change" so I'd imagine closer to the day they'll be posting them up there.

And as it's the Sunday night you're going to, the times from the Friday/Saturday night Chris Stapleton gigs will be known by then.

Hopefully but I don’t remember them being posted in previous years....

Mackleton wrote: »

Lyle Lovett
    Ashley McBryde

Thanks!

https://c2c-countrytocountry.com/london/line-up/

If you go into the link above and click on the artist name it tells you what time they are expected to be on.

Drake White and the Big Fire 5:30pm
    Ashley McBryde 6:30pm
    Lyle Lovett 7:30pm
    Chris Stapleton 9:00pm

Probably end around 10:30pm I say.

I think that goes for all the concerts in the different venues and nights

Stage times for the weekend.

https://mcd.ie/artists/country-country-2019/

Great night tonight. To be honest I kinda tuned out of Lyle Lovett as he isn’t my thing but everyone else on he bill tonight was superb. I’m a big Chris Stapleton fan and he blew me away as expected but I really loved Ashley McBryde as well. I didn’t know any of her stuff before tonight but I’ll definitely be checking it out tomorrow.

What a night that was. I was expecting chris stapleton to be good but holy **** that was next level lol.
    I agree with the above statement on Lyle Lovett wasn't too bad but some of his songs dragged on way too long and were a bit samey. Crowd started to lose interest at times until he played his more well known and upbeat songs.

Ashley Mcbryde was amazing what an outstanding voice she has. I didn't see Drake White but I imagine he was good.
    my mam was with me for her first ever arena gig she really enjoyed it.
    The Sunday world Irish country scene in the food areas was a great addition my mam knew all the singers and it pasted the time during the breaks. Overall really enjoyed the experience.

Also I heard people from the Friday night giving out about the sound being really bad. Tonight was perfect sound wise I think.

Although during Chris Stapletons song Traveller, I think his guitar was out of tune. It sounded really distorted and flat. I saw he was speaking to the guy who gave him the guitars between each song after the performance for a good 20 seconds I doubt he was too happy lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Benny Biscotti

Sound was great Sunday nights show. The place was really buzzing. The best crowd I've seen there in 3 times there. Although at first the crowd sitting instead of standing at the front gave a late late show kind of feel to the audience. They were all standing by the end anyway.

Cam was fantastic. I think she is undermining herself though with numerous slow songs with a theme of an ex. A bit like Adele. She is well suited to more upbeat music.

And Keith Urban invited a young busker he saw playing on Grafton St on stage to play a song which was a great moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Knockieranlady

Sound was great Sunday nights show. The place was really buzzing. The best crowd I've seen there in 3 times there. Although at first the crowd sitting instead of standing at the front gave a late late show kind of feel to the audience. They were all standing by the end anyway.

Cam was fantastic. I think she is undermining herself though with numerous slow songs with a theme of an ex. A bit like Adele. She is well suited
    to more upbeat music.

And Keith Urban invited a young busker he saw playing on Grafton St on stage to play a song which was a great moment.

Keith Urban put on a fab show, I’d say he’ll be back soon due to the great reception he got. He seems a genuinely nice man, he had a great rapour with the audience and seemed to really enjoy himself. Agree about Cam she was great but not a big fan of the others in last nights lineup

Any preferences for 2020?

I'd like to see Luke Combs.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

Any preferences for 2020?

I'd like to see Luke Combs.

I would love to see Dierks Bentley headline one of the nights.

urbangoo wrote: »
    I would love to see Dierks Bentley headline one of the nights.

Yeah, that'd be great. And I'd love Brothers Osborne to play too now that I think about it.

Advertisement