Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Locals, Giving the Government a Wake Up Call?

• 04-04-2014 11:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭

I had a canvasser last week, nice enough chap, but FG.

Feeling very disillusioned with different aspects of their performance, what's the best way to "protest" in the locals?

Thinking of voting independent.

I don't pay too much attention to very local politics as I have the perception that it's back scratching parish pump stuff, Am I wrong?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Blue Magic

Ya. Big time wake up call coming for FG I reckon. Have dealt with Shatter and Garda controversy arrogantly and inefficiently!

FF are growing out of it too.

Every chance they could be in next government with SF unless FG perk up in a big way.

First port of call would be sacking Shatter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I had a canvasser last week, nice enough chap, but FG.

Feeling very disillusioned with different aspects of their performance, what's the best way to "protest" in the locals?

Thinking of voting independent.

I don't pay too much attention to very local politics as I have the perception that it's back scratching parish pump stuff, Am I wrong?

TIA

Well, tbh, your local authority is most likely run by a town clerk or county manager with very considerable executive powers.

Changing choice of councillor will have negligible impact on how your district runs.

It will send a message to the government for sure, however , that "message" works better at general elections.

Irish people have the odd habit of hating the government they chose.... Punishing them in mid-terms only to kiss & make up by the next general.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Well, tbh, your local authority is most likely run by a town clerk or county manager with very considerable executive powers.

Changing choice of councillor will have negligible impact on how your district runs.

It will send a message to the government for sure, however , that "message" works better at general elections.

Irish people have the odd habit of hating the government they chose.... Punishing them in mid-terms only to kiss & make up by the next general.

I think huge promises were made the last time round along with heavy burdens placed on ordinary tax payers.

Many of the promises were broken but the burdens remain steadfast and rising!

That may be a reason why we become fed up with whoever gets elected.

Advertisement