Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭dbas

Houses are grand.
    Must have been an optical illusion
    2013Lara wrote: »
    I hope I'm wrong too! Would gladly stand corrected. No one on site today by look of it. I'll be passing again soon, I'll see if I can get a better look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

dbas wrote: »
    Houses are grand.

Thank god! Would have been awful. Swore thats what I saw 😂

Houses are grand.

Knew I wasn't seeing things. Glass on hall doors definitely smashed. All boarded up today.

Knew I wasn't seeing things. Glass on hall doors definitely smashed. All boarded up today.

Sorry Lara.
    My wife said they were grand.

Wonder what that is about

Sorry Lara.
    My wife said they were grand.

Wonder what that is about

Most likely kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kbman

lyndzzeyD wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I have bought no. 44 :) a 3 bed semi - What is yours?
    Haven't heard much at all, we sent back the form with any additions/amendments we wanted and haven't heard a thing since!

what a coiincidence, we bought 45, we just haven't sent back the booklet just yet, but we were on site 2 weeks ago and they were just putting down the foundations on that row.

Foreman was on holidays so that might be a reason why he hasn't called you yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

DB13 wrote: »
    We are only waiting a short time but do get the sense of the delays have been pushed and pushed, when we put the deposit down only 6 months ago he did come striaght out and say there was an issue with the Shale and he was put on hold until Surveyor and Engineer gave the go ahead, about 2 months ago it was approved seemingly.

Dbas I have a couple of videos of inside of house (Dont ask). It might give you some positivity in holding out that bit more if you want me to get them to you be email or something?

I think it will be well worth it with that view. Plus we'll be class Neighbours ������������

The problem with the shale they don’t want to pay to get drawn away and nobody can get a permit to take it in.

The problem with the shale they don’t want to pay to get drawn away and nobody can get a permit to take it in.

Well something has to give there as they'll never sell a house without taking the shale away.
    No wonder they've slowed it down to a crawl. They must have spent millions by now, and you would hope that they believe they will finishthe estate

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Looks like another estate being built opposite burkeen, same green area but looks to be different estate. This is flying up on the Rathnew side of that field

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Looks like another estate being built opposite burkeen, same green area but looks to be different estate. This is flying up on the Rathnew side of that field

Is that the new phase of the friary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Olaz

Larsso30 wrote: »

Do you mean in the same field as Seascape?

The one at the first roundabout on the way up the hill is flying up! Anyone know anything about that one ?

Is that the new phase of the friary?

Is it behind burkeen actually. Thats the new council estate I think. Lots of terraced housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Linda MN

Rochey77! wrote: »
    Hi
    We put deposit on 77 the site foreman said it would be around May before ours is ready which the estate agent said March

Hi Rochey77, we're on the same row as you, we initially put a deposit on another row but then heard it would be at least Nov 2020 before it was ready so swapped over to the same row as you, we've been told this will be ready for snagging July/August, just wondering if you've heard anymore on your side?

Linda MN wrote: »
    Hi Rochey77, we're on the same row as you, we initially put a deposit on another row but then heard it would be at least Nov 2020 before it was ready so swapped over to the same row as you, we've been told this will be ready for snagging July/August, just wondering if you've heard anymore on your side?

Was it the foreman who told you these timeliness? We're signed up to 45 and were told the same times as rochey77, March/April by agent and builders may/june. How récent were you changed over?

I'd imagine we're on the same timelines but just curious on this

kbman wrote: »
    Was it the foreman who told you these timeliness? We're signed up to 45 and were told the same times as rochey77, March/April by agent and builders may/june. How récent were you changed over?

Hi yeah I spoke with the foreman by text on Thursday and he said at this early stage he'd say we'll be in by August, he said ours has just been started but 19 units will need to be completed before anyone can get in. We'd be the row behind you I think so I'd guess you'd be in before?

Hi yeah I spoke with the foreman by text on Thursday and he said at this early stage he'd say we'll be in by August, he said ours has just been started but 19 units will need to be completed before anyone can get in. We'd be the row behind you I think so I'd guess you'd be in before?

Thanks for that, we must ask him so, we haven't discussed the booklet yet so we'll do it at that point, thanks for the heads up.

Here's hoping we're all in sooner, I can't wait now to get in, best of luck with everything

• Registered Users Posts: 3 matea0510

lyndzzeyD wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I have bought no. 44 :) a 3 bed semi - What is yours?
    Haven't heard much at all, we sent back the form with any additions/amendments we wanted and haven't heard a thing since!

We have the no.47 so 3 doors down :)

Is there a group going for the Meadow Gates neighbours somewhere? Would love to join!

Thanks for that, we must ask him so, we haven't discussed the booklet yet so we'll do it at that point, thanks for the heads up.

@kbman are you referring to the booklet that allows you to select standard kitchen, tiling etc? We were sent one by the estate agent last week but it does not have any info on the foreman? We emailed a few questions about the booklet and our options to the estate agent but haven't heard anything from them yet.

matea0510 wrote: »
    We have the no.47 so 3 doors down :)

Is there a group going for the Meadow Gates neighbours somewhere? Would love to join!

Hi @matea0510 , I've seen some other posts regarding FB groups for different estates, would be great to have one for Meadowgate residents but I wouldn't know where to start....

• Advertisement

Hi @matea0510 , I've seen some other posts regarding FB groups for different estates, would be great to have one for Meadowgate residents but I wouldn't know where to start....

I've created one now in case anyone would like to join, it would be great to learn from each other and get to know our new neighbors :)

I can't post a link here, but if you search for Meadow Gate Neighbors - Wicklow Town on Facebook, you should be able to find it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rochey77!

Initially the estate agent said March April foreman said May June depending on how bad the weather is and recently agent said July ish

In case it helps anyone, we're signed up to 45 meadow gate and builders are suggesting timeliness of end July - start August with all going to plan

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Wondering if anyone travels from Ashford to Sandyford in the morning and how long journey takes? Would be looking to be in Sandyford for 9.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lfen wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone travels from Ashford to Sandyford in the morning and how long journey takes? Would be looking to be in Sandyford for 9.30.

Not exactly your commute but I do from Kilcoole/Greystones south to sandyford; I leave around 8:45/8:50 and I’m in for 9:20. If I leave any earlier I’m stuck in glen of the downs/Kilmac traffic would an extra 15/20minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fanta24

tibor_imo wrote: »
    Just put a deposit on a house in Carraig Beag following a cancellation - all happened very quickly.

Excited about the (potential) move down to Wicklow now!

Hi sorry to jump onto this thread from awhile ago, just wondering if you have gone ahead with carraig beag and how the process went? We are really interested in the houses there .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭zg3409

Go on to google maps on a desktop computer. You can put in start and arrival times and the day of week and it will give an estimate. 9:30am start is worst possible time, and traffic will be horrendous on dark rainy cold mornings with a crash or two. There will be road works at Bray south for a few year too with planned widening. Often traffic backs back from Newtown mount Kennedy to Bray. In the morning Bray south is a bottle neck and again in the evenings. You would need to allow 1 hour+ and if you can never arrive late at least 90 minutes on wet dark mornings in December and January. Remember the traffic is only going to get worse. Google maps says typically 35 to 50 minutes, leave around 8:40am. Sandyford estate has issues too.

Going home typically 15 minute delays at Bray south from 4:30pm to 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 wolf321

I do Asford to Central Park, takes about 40 mins going to Roundwood and through Enniskerry. When the M11 is quiet take about 25 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tibor_imo

Fanta24 wrote: »
    Hi sorry to jump onto this thread from awhile ago, just wondering if you have gone ahead with carraig beag and how the process went? We are really interested in the houses there .

Hey - no worries. Yep, we've gone ahead.

Really smooth so far. We hope to have be in before the end of May, ours is one of the last to be completed.

The builder has been very easy to deal with, quick to get back and to accommodate requests.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

Just found out about this group. Hey everyone, my wife and I are interested in moving from Dublin to Wicklow town and are looking at a few new builds there.
    At the moment, we have shortlisted Sea scape & Meadow gate. Any feedback (positive or negative) would be appreciated 😊

Advertisement