Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your biggest age gap

• 30-08-2019 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Everyone falls in love, and it’s true to say for some, age really is but a number. But what’s the biggest age gap between you and a partner/lover you personally have ever experienced. How did it work out for you in the end. Would you personally advise it to anyone else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

8 years.
    Heartbreak.
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

eyerer wrote: »
    8 years.
    Heartbreak.
    No.

So sorry to here that, believe me when I say I really can empathize with you on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I was 31, she was 19, we've been together 17yrs and married for 10, have 1 rugrat.

Yep, i'd recommend it to anyone, sooo many people said we didn't have a chance and it'll never last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

2 years
    Marriage
    Yes.

What about yourself OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,004 ✭✭✭✭looksee

7 years, I don't think its a dealbreaker in a relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

The best relationships I have ever had in my life had an age gap, older women especially are extremely sexy individuals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Not much gap between himself and me but one of our friends married a man 15 years older than her and they were ecstatically happy and regularly went for walks holding hands, up until her husband's death in his 70's. So because of them I'd say age doesn't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Midster wrote: »
    The best relationships I have ever had in my life had an age gap, older women especially are extremely sexy individuals

Careful ladies. It seems someone is on the lookout for a cougar.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Eight years between me and the ex. It wasn't the age gap that caused the marriage to break down.
    Honestly I think age is irrelevant if both parties are on the same page - have similar needs and wants from the relationship and out of life in general. Same future goals etc.
    Having said that if I were to date ever again I'd much prefer meet someone around my own age or give or take a couple of years either side. Just personal preference, but other factors would matter too.

Advertisement