Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester Airport to Liverpool city centre

• 09-01-2017 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

I'm just looking for some info on this. My flight arrives in Manchester Airport next Friday night at 11:20pm and I need to get to a hotel in Liverpool City Centre on Friday night.....is a taxi the only option for getting from Manchester Airport to Liverpool at that time of the night??? I can't seem to find any trains/buses online.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

A bit late for trains. Did you try National Express?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I'm just looking for some info on this. My flight arrives in Manchester Airport next Friday night at 11:20pm and I need to get to a hotel in Liverpool City Centre on Friday night.....is a taxi the only option for getting from Manchester Airport to Liverpool at that time of the night??? I can't seem to find any trains/buses online.

Thanks!!

Last train to Liverpool is around 23.25 from Manchester city centre. There was a National Express from Airport at around 23.50 and another at 01.30 but they are not showing up now so probably withdrawn.

I'd look into pre-booking a taxi, should get a much better rate than picking up one on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrJones2013

finbarrk wrote: »
    A bit late for trains. Did you try National Express?

I tried both but they don't seem to run at that hour, as you say it's a bit late for trains.

I'll probably do as the Vic 08 said and pre-book a taxi! Thanks for your replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Can't you get the 2050 Dublin to Liverpool?

Cheaper than a taxi, i would think

abarkie wrote: »
    Can't you get the 2050 Dublin to Liverpool?

Cheaper than a taxi, i would think

Would be but I've flights already!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

You were VERY unfortunate that it's the weekend that Man Utd play at home to Liverpool coz usually lots of irish will fly into manchester to get cheaper flights and then share taxis to Liverpool when Liverpool play at home and I could have given you some pointers about sharing a cab but of all the weekends.......

Taxis aren't crazy money though, are you travelling with others or is this a lone trip?

You were VERY unfortunate that it's the weekend that Man Utd play at home to Liverpool coz usually lots of irish will fly into manchester to get cheaper flights and then share taxis to Liverpool when Liverpool play at home and I could have given you some pointers about sharing a cab but of all the weekends.......

Taxis aren't crazy money though, are you travelling with others or is this a lone trip?

Flying solo I'm afraid! Hadn't even thought about the match being on in Manchester and not Liverpool.....just my luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Flying solo I'm afraid! Hadn't even thought about the match being on in Manchester and not Liverpool.....just my luck!

Yeah pretty crap luck alright. You'd have had no shortage of lads to share if it was a weekend with Liverpool playing at home.
    Flights must have been dear too with United being at home, I won't even ask why you couldn't have booked into John Lennon coz it surely would have been cheaper, maybe flight times didnt suit or something...

I'll send you a PM anyway with a link to a site where Irish lads get taxis from Manchester to Liverpool all the time and they'd be very clue'd in with what companies to use to get the best rate and probably give you a number to ring where you will get a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Can you change you hotel and get up in the morning and go to Liverpool?

abarkie wrote: »
    Can you change you hotel and get up in the morning and go to Liverpool?

No cancellations with the booking I made. I know, you'd swear it was my first time booking a hotel and flight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 FPL48

Yeah pretty crap luck alright. You'd have had no shortage of lads to share if it was a weekend with Liverpool playing at home.
    Flights must have been dear too with United being at home, I won't even ask why you couldn't have booked into John Lennon coz it surely would have been cheaper, maybe flight times didnt suit or something...

I'll send you a PM anyway with a link to a site where Irish lads get taxis from Manchester to Liverpool all the time and they'd be very clue'd in with what companies to use to get the best rate and probably give you a number to ring where you will get a better deal.

Hi can you please send on that taxi link , flying into Manchester on Saturday morning for the Leicester game, thanks.

Advertisement