Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Composite front door

• 26-07-2020 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭

Thinking of replacing our 23yr old Munster Joinery timber front door with a new Composite door, anybody get one in the last couple of years, who did you use & would you recommend?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Thinking of replacing our 23yr old Munster Joinery timber front door with a new Composite door, anybody get one in the last couple of years, who did you use & would you recommend?
    Thanks

John Lynch Watchouse Cross very good quality and good workmanship

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I priced a few and eventually went with D&J in Kileely.

Everyone (bar Walsh Windows) that I priced or looked at website of were selling the same doors, produced by a company in Glin (https://palladiodoorcollection.com/).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I tried to go with D&J but he said he was too busy with the council work and they'd get to me when they're not doing those jobs and from what I can tell it's an ongoing contract.

I went with the Window and Door Superstore on the Ballysimon road and when you order new/custom they will fit the door, with a 3rd party. The person who fits the door, coincidentaly is currently in my house fitting the door whilst I type this. Had I not gone with them I'd have gone with John Lynch who has a small showroom behind Iceland by Watchhouse cross. I didn't go with them because he suggested 8+ weeks to get a door but he was highly recommended by family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

Went with this guy in the end, no complaints, in & out in a few hours, good tidy job, would recommend, just thought I'd update.

Hi. Can you tell us how much the door was. We are thinking of replacing our timber one also. A picture if possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's funny as I rang him twice last year and got no callback to price a job in typical Irish tradesman fashion. I was getting all the windows and doors in my house replaced with triple glazing too so it was a fairly sizable outlay. Ended up going with someone else. I guess Covid has changed the landscape now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭CoBo55

What's a composite door? Pardon my ignorance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

CoBo55 wrote: »
    What's a composite door? Pardon my ignorance.

I was going to try to explain, but this does it better than I could.

What is a composite door?
    A composite door is an exterior door manufactured from a range of different materials such as PVC, wood, insulating foam, and GRP (glass-reinforced plastic). The combination of materials make the door strong, secure, energy efficient and highly durable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

McSween wrote: »
    Hi. Can you tell us how much the door was. We are thinking of replacing our timber one also. A picture if possible?

It was €2800

I don’t know if it’s me or my device’s but rarely succeed it posting a pic but if you pm me a mobile number or email, I’ll happily send on a couple, inside & outside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

It was €2800

I don’t know if it’s me or my device’s but rarely succeed it posting a pic but if you pm me a mobile number or email, I’ll happily send on a couple, inside & outside

Thanks. I sent a pm

McSween wrote: »
    Thanks. I sent a pm

Replied

• Advertisement

Oops, made a boo boo, the Mrs was looking after the installation, she actually went with D&G for price reasons, LOL, so can recommend D&G

Advertisement