Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal mail delivery in Ireland ... who does it?

• 18-12-2008 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a present for herself during the week, shipping from the UK, and the originator is Royal Mail. Who delivers that here, is it An Post, DHL, UPS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I think its an post.
    Anything I've ever got from the UK with Royal mail has always been an post anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

slayerking wrote: »
    I think its an post.
    Anything I've ever got from the UK with Royal mail has always been an post anyway.

For some parcels I think is GLS. Not sure how to determine who will deliver them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Parcelforce goes to GLS. Standard Royal Mail stuff goes to An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

jor el wrote: »
    Parcelforce goes to GLS. Standard Royal Mail stuff goes to An Post.

Correct was speaking to a GLS driver here in the office yesterday who confirmed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Oh jesus, if it goes to GLS, I might get it next year if I'm lucky :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

If its being delivered to a business address you should have no problem.:D

If its being delivered to a home address and your contact number is on the parcel, (and you answer it) it will be no problem.:D

Home address + no contact number = problem.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RokeyGls

Hi, All

I'm a gls contractor I think in the past we have been getting some un fair stick. Ireland is a mad place to deliver in. we have people who just will not accept they live in a certin post code "vanity address" others just think courier's should now them as they have lived in the area for 20 years. Even though, their own neighbours don't know them or know them as a diffrent surname. Any way I would like to address any questions you have regarding gls. And any quieries as well. please write to me, any thing your have a problem with I will galdley sort for you.

Talk to Ya!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭ei9go

An Post deliver what are considered "packets" by Royal Mail and also registered items and Airsure which is what they call Express items which have a barcode but don't require a signature on delivery.

GLD deliver about 95% of International Standard, Euro48 and Datapost items.
    A few of these appear to end up with an Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wilbur the 1st

Just to prove that old habits die hard am now waiting the best part of two and a half weeks for a parcel from Scotland, which is hardly bloody Australia. Would advise anybody whose needing things delivered A.S.A.P to buy a canoe and a push bike as this is surely a faster way to obtain service. Why does post from Germany consistently arrive more promptly than Royal Mail? and what is the deal at this end, are ye opening all the packages first or what? because there seems no rational explanation for such blatantly Sh*t standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Just to prove that old habits die hard am now waiting the best part of two and a half weeks for a parcel from Scotland, which is hardly bloody Australia. Would advise anybody whose needing things delivered A.S.A.P to buy a canoe and a push bike as this is surely a faster way to obtain service. Why does post from Germany consistently arrive more promptly than Royal Mail? and what is the deal at this end, are ye opening all the packages first or what? because there seems no rational explanation for such blatantly Sh*t standards.

Thats bad, I posted something airmail from NI and it arrived in New Zealand in 4 days! And airmail is the cheapest international servicein the UK. To be honest post codes would solve most of the problems overnight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement