Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin 8 Gyms

• 29-11-2019 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭

Any recommendations of Dublin 8 gyms? Gym I go to is shutting down next Friday so need to find myself a new one, looking at opting at Herbeton Leisure but wondering if there's any off the beaten track I don't know about. Iveagh Fitness looks far too expensive and the FlyFit on Harrington St looks to be always packed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Fit4less on Cork St? Or is that the one closing down???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

retalivity wrote: »
    Fit4less on Cork St? Or is that the one closing down???

That's the one I've been in since it opened basically but that's closing down next week due to issues with the premises (was in Herbeton prior to this but always packed).

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

Anytime Fitness Kilmainham?

ciaranmul wrote: »
    Anytime Fitness Kilmainham?

Does it be busy around 4.30 during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

Does it be busy around 4.30 during the week?

No idea, I train in FF on Harrington st. Usually there for 6am and it's never too busy then. Packed in evenings though.

• Advertisement

ciaranmul wrote: »
    No idea, I train in FF on Harrington st. Usually there for 6am and it's never too busy then. Packed in evenings though.

Ye few of my mates in there and say it is rammed... was one option. Think I'll be testing out Herbeton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

Ye few of my mates in there and say it is rammed... was one option. Think I'll be testing out Herbeton.

Let me know what you think. I was going to recommend Avoid, Avoid, Avoid for Herberton Gym

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm a member of the Herberton for a year now. Not sure what people mean by its always packed. I was literally the only person in the free weight area yesterday.

Sure it can be crowded at peak times but name a gym on earth that isn't.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I'm a member of the Herberton for a year now. Not sure what people mean by its always packed. I was literally the only person in the free weight area yesterday.

Sure it can be crowded at peak times but name a gym on earth that isn't.

Ye it hasn't been too bad, I joined last Friday for the €35 for the month deal but didn't get to use it till Monday.

I was there after work the past 3 days, Monday at 3.45, Tuesday at 4.45 & today at 4.45. Yesterday was definitely the busiest but I was there till around 6pm each day and it wasn't rammed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This maps some in the general area http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/PaR If nothing shows, click 'Run'. May not work on some devices.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    This maps some in the general area http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/PaR If nothing shows, click 'Run'. May not work on some devices.

Do you own that Victor? Herberton Leisure not listed and Fit4Less on Cork St is shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you own that Victor? Herberton Leisure not listed and Fit4Less on Cork St is shut down.

No, it's based on https://www.openstreetmap.org/ where I am a contributor.

Advertisement