Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[PC] Showing real player counts in BF4 Server Browser

• 18-06-2019 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

If you've played BF4 on PC recently then you must have noticed that the server browser lies about how many players are in servers. The result being that you cannot find servers with actual players in them. It has been reported that this is due to trolls utilising a bug whereby they get multiple bots to start joining a server then leave before it starts but the server browser shows them as still being active. The trolls have scripted this so they have flooded the server browser with false player counts.

The fix is to use the original battlelog website, the Better Battlelog browser extension and a number of settings and a custom plugin:
    • now choose the True Player Counts Plugin like here
    • After this stage, do not go to server browser until the rest of the steps are followed, otherwise you'll have a hard time and may have to restart your browser as the plugin hasn't been configured properly yet and will try to load too much server info
    • On the left side of your screen, you'll see two sidebars; one saying "Better Battlelog " and one saying "BBlog Teamspeak"
    • *Mouse over the one saying "Better Battlelog ", then make sure the box saying "More sorts and information in serverbrowser", under the Battlefield 4 section, is green
    • Mouse over "Better Battlelog" again, and this time click on the "Plugins" box under the "General Improvements" section
    • Copy and paste the text from https://cdn.rawgit.com/Razer2015/TruePlayerCounts_BF4/master/truePlayerCounts.js into the white box, and click "Enable plugin and test"
    • You should be able to refresh and get it all working. BUT DON'T CLICK MULTIPLAYER YET, or anything but the BetterBL plugin sidebar. Scroll down to true player Counts section and unclick : "Fetch all on page load (OnClick only if set to false)"
    • Now the server browser link should load successfully and show actual player counts. I usually sort by ping and start my search from there

I took the above from multiple posts on Reddit. I'd appreciate any feedback or corrections

Comments

Advertisement