Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

kuro68k wrote: »
    A) You can't buy it in Europe

B) It's not $35k any more

C) Even in the US they try really, really hard not to sell you one

D) If you do manage to buy one you just get an SR+ with some stuff disabled in software, i.e. they aren't actually making the $35k model

A.) yet
    B.) it is, it’s 34k, or 34,400 which is fair enough as inflation has increased over 3 years as have duties due to trade wars.
    C.) but you can still buy it.
    D.) so it’s still available, but with a better battery that will still give 100% even it it degrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

ted1 wrote: »
    A.) yet
    B.) it is, it’s 34k, or 34,400 which is fair enough as inflation has increased over 3 years as have duties due to trade wars.
    C.) but you can still buy it.
    D.) so it’s still available, but with a better battery that will still give 100% even it it degrades.

Why do you keep saying $34.4K - I have seen no reference to that anywhere except in your posts?

e.g. from https://electrek.co/2019/05/14/tesla-model-3-increases-price/ (which is hardly an anti-Tesla source)
    In an email sent to employees obtained by Electrek, Tesla said that it also applies to the base Model 3 off-the-menu:

“Today, in the U.S., Model 3 base prices increased by $400. This price increase applies to all Model 3 variants, including off-menu Standard Range and Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive. Leasing for Model 3 Standard Range Plus continues to be available for $399/month.”

The cheapest Model 3 on or off-the-menu now starts at $35,400.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

BobbyBingo wrote: »
    Thursday, would be my guess..
    :mad:

catharsis wrote: »
    Why do you keep saying $34.4K - I have seen no reference to that anywhere except in your posts?

e.g. from https://electrek.co/2019/05/14/tesla-model-3-increases-price/ (which is hardly an anti-Tesla source)

Typo. Meant 35,400. My points are still valid. Increases due to inflation and trade war.

“The cheapest Model 3 on or off-the-menu now starts at $35,40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

The $35,400 model will never come to Europe. It will be quietly cancelled in the US and never arrive here.

They are not going to keep selling cars they lose money on any longer than they have to in order to say they complied with Musk's promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Anyone been speaking to the guys in Sandyford recently? Really thought the Irish configurator would open by now.

Seeing as we’re so small and our cars are likely to come via the UK I really don’t understand the logic of not opening Irish orders at the same time as the UK.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

hatrack wrote: »
    Anyone been speaking to the guys in Sandyford recently? Really thought the Irish configurator would open by now.

Seeing as we’re so small and our cars are likely to come via the UK I really don’t understand the logic of not opening Irish orders at the same time as the UK.

The guys in Sandyford know just as much, if not less than this forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Mike9832 wrote: »

Would you like to place a bet?

• Advertisement

I’d say they will be grand. This is to pressure suppliers , staff etc to get costs down

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Not sure if this is the right thread or if it has been posted

Tesla completes Maxwell acquisition, ushers another era of battery breakthroughs
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-tsla-completes-maxwell-acquisition/

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

One more generalist review of the Model 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpTO24kRk8k

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If Tesla is over in 10 months I will eat my car.
    And I'm in a Superb at the moment, that's a big car so it's no ford ka!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

ELM327 wrote: »
    If Tesla is over in 10 months I will eat my car.
    And I'm in a Superb at the moment, that's a big car so it's no ford ka!

That would be a superb spectacle if Tesla failed and you had to eat your Skoda. What happened to the BM?

samih wrote: »
    That would be a superb spectacle if Tesla failed and you had to eat your Skoda. What happened to the BM?
    Nothing, still sitting at the house.
    Got p1ssed off at the cost of insuring it so decided to play the insurance company game and get something newer.

There is more chance of angels flying out of my ar$e than of tesla failing within 10 months.

The absolute worst comes to worst scenario they will be bought, but I can't see that happening. The demand for their products (they make more than just cars) is too strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

There is more chance of angels flying out of my ar$e than of tesla failing within 10 months.

iirc, the 10 months figure was based on cash at hand at the end of the quarter and projecting it out based on their current burn rate. They have subsequently raised more cash from the market (havent they?) and havent they also done a deal for several billion with Fiat-Chrysler to offset their emissions fines so thats more cash in the bank.

As Musk would say... funding secured! :pac:

I thought the 10 months was after the cash raising and the fca deal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I thought the 10 months was after the cash raising and the fca deal

Yea, reading it again, I think it includes the cash raising...
    Tesla earlier this month closed a $2.7 billion offering of stock and convertible notes, giving it much needed cash as it ramps up production.

Musk in an email to employees, seen by Reuters, said its net proceeds from the offering gave Tesla only 10 months to achieve breakeven at the rate it was burning cash in the first quarter.

I dont know if it incldues the FCA money though?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Jeez lads, the last thread got closed for all the Tesla Company chat and going OT.....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Folk, please start a new thread to discuss anything other than the Model 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Yes, finally some new mods here!

Ireland site still not showing "order" for model 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Ireland site still not showing "order" for model 3

I think they will want to satisfy immediate demand on UK market, so I would expect they open orders in about 2 months from now.

I don't get why the separate process for UK and Ireland.
    We are the two RHD markets in Europe surely they should be produced at the same time.
    Anyway I can't order mine at the moment either way (mortgage application process) so no skin off my nose :P

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

I don't get why the separate process for UK and Ireland.
    We are the two RHD markets in Europe surely they should be produced at the same time.
    Anyway I can't order mine at the moment either way (mortgage application process) so no skin off my nose :P

The only thing I can think of is this. So Tesla has made its deal with Fiat Chrysler to sell off its Carbon Credits for the EU. Now with the UK leaving the EU, Tesla would have to get as many cars into the UK as possible before Brexit in order to get the carbon credit money for those vehicle. If this is the case, we unfortunately, will be left waiting as will Australia etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

September1 wrote: »
    I think they will want to satisfy immediate demand on UK market, so I would expect they open orders in about 2 months from now.

Not a chance in my opinion. It'll be this week or next.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Neworder79

The Irish website is doing it's bit to highlight the US price differential. Everyone who visits the Model 3 order page sees "starting $31,800" for a couple of seconds before the re-direct, almost €20K off expected.

Has anyone made enquiries about Model 3 insurance here yet? Are the rates still higher than ICE?

https://www.axa.ie/car-insurance/tesla/

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

Neworder79 wrote: »
    Has anyone made enquiries about Model 3 insurance here yet? Are the rates still higher than ICE?

https://www.axa.ie/car-insurance/tesla/

I rang a couple last week,
    None of them had even heard of the car,

Zurich said they dont insure any teslas

• Advertisement

I suggest checking with Allianz and 123. I know they insure Teslas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement