Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blood & Treasure - US-Pace- CBS (**Spoilers**)

• 01-05-2019 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭

Starts May 21st.

Looks like this might be a fun summer adventure show.

Blood & Treasure is a globe-trotting action-adventure drama about a brilliant antiquities expert and a cunning art thief who team up to catch a ruthless terrorist who funds his attacks through stolen treasure. Danny McNamara is a former FBI agent specializing in stolen art and antiquities. Lexi Vaziri is a resourceful art thief who is haunted by the tragic loss of her father, which she blames on Danny. When terrorist Karim Farouk absconds with a priceless artifact and kidnaps Danny's mentor Dr. Anna Castillo, Danny recruits Lexi to help him bring Farouk to justice and rescue Anna. As they chase down Farouk, they encounter unscrupulous individuals who may either be useful allies or dangerous enemies, including Aiden Shaw, an arms dealer who acts solely in his self-interest, and Simon Hardwick, an expert at procuring pilfered artifacts. Danny and Lexi are assisted by Father Chuck, a childhood friend of Danny's who works at the Vatican Foreign Ministry in Rome. Their hunt draws the attention of Interpol agent Gwen Karlsson, who wants Farouk brought to justice, but won't allow Danny and Lexi to break international laws in the process. As they crisscross the world hunting their target, Danny and Lexi unexpectedly find themselves at the center of a 2,000-year-old battle for the cradle of civilization.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Need a decent adventure series. Question is will it go the more realistic route like Hooten & the Lady or a bit supernatural like Indiana Jones, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Need a decent adventure series. Question is will it go the more realistic route like Hooten & the Lady or a bit supernatural like Indiana Jones, etc

I think like Indiana Jones / Relic Hunter

I see the first 2 episodes are out now. May watch at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I quiet enjoyed the opening double episode.

It's corny run of the mill and there nothing original at all to it.

However it's a summer show and light hearted that will do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Caught up on this today. Fun show! I like that it's one continuous story.

I wonder if it was all shot on location? (or a good chunk of it anyway)

Sofia Pernas is stunning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Blood & Treasure has been renewed for a second season
    https://tvline.com/2019/06/26/blood-treasure-renewed-season-2-cbs/

https://tvline.com/2019/06/26/blood-treasure-renewed-season-2-cbs/

Renewed

The leads Matt Barr and Sofia Pernas work well together

Good news a very enjoyable summer adventure show.

Just caught up with it. Enjoyable show.

I notice what I assume is a running gag where they seem to have a Wilhelm scream in every episode

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I presume last night's episode was the season finale, nice way to finish it off, if it was a 1 season show there was a clear finish as it isn't there's a continuation of the story which is good. I liked the nod to the Da Vinci code as well.

• Advertisement

No its a 12 episode season with 3 more to go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oh wow, didn't realise that, should be interesting to see where they go from here

Their teleportation powers would make Jon Snow proud.

Nice enjoyable series though probably best not to think too much about what's going on.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Their teleportation powers would make Jon Snow proud.

Nice enjoyable series though probably best not to think too much about what's going on.

Don't over think it, stuff like a shed in Germany untouched for 70 years with billions worth of gold just under it (with a working lift) will make your head explode, but it's nice mindless entertainment.

I just watched the second last one. I like the direction it has taken (with the revelation of the real mastermind). That bank heist was horrific though. :)

Finale tonight.

Good finale and closure with no cliffhanger which was great from a show that may not have be renewed.

They are now free to have a fresh adventure next season.

Yeah I enjoyed that. Great season overall and that was a great twist with Farouq.

Hopefully
    John Larroquette and James Callis
    are back for Season 2.

I'm going to miss Sofia... :)

What a twist! Was wondering how he knew to tell them to get out early.

Lexi confirmed as being tougher than John McClane. Walking barefoot on glass is nothing to her.

Very enjoyable series overall.

It starts on Syfy UK on Thursday December 19th at 9pm

Paget Brewster has joined the show for season 2

• Advertisement

Finally has a release date for season 2

13 episodes starting with 2 episodes on July 17th then weekly release

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

This is giving The Orville a run for the longest break between seasons even down to the pandemic.

That was 2.5 years ago, so could be on Paramount +

Season 2 streaming on Paramount+ starting July 17

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Watched the first season and it was a good summer show hope they do not end this season a cliffhanger now that the cast are all signed on to other shows i cannot see a third season

Back after 3 years with a double episode and it's still a great fun summer series.

Have to start but just watched a quick recap video for the first season. Don't think anything too complex in the plot outside of twists.

• Advertisement

There is a brief recap at the start but honestly it's not needed. It's the kind of show where you could just skip the first season and wouldn't really miss much. Hopefully it gets another season seeing as Matt Barr has Walker Independence .

Advertisement