Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where is the Best Burger in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It’s ridiculously easy beat the burgers in Hard Rock Cafe. They’re shîte.

Bunsen is my favourite. Lovely.

Yeah Bunsen are savage also.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

What are 5-Guys like?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

What are 5-Guys like?

Can be a bit rough loike.........waaa

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

My take lately.

Bunsen is great. Yep delish and so juicy.

5 Guys is great as well. But €30 for two burgers, chips, milkshake and a Budweiser.

Generator used to be great when they cooked them on the ground floor. Haven't been since they're cooking them somewhere else in the building. Some saying not as good.

Chilli Shack excellent.

Ricks - my no. 1 fast food choice after a skin full in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Simon201 wrote: »
    Ricks - my no. 1 fast food choice after a skin full in town!
    You wouldn't go to Ricks sober thou, tgis is a good shout but I'd also go with Bunsen

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Sonic Drive In. It's in Dublin, Texas, that's where you meant OP right?

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sonic-drive-in-dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Never been to Bunsen so checked out the menu. Do you recommend the skinny or fat chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Greyfox wrote: »
    You wouldn't go to Ricks sober thou, tgis is a good shout but I'd also go with Bunsen

I would and have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Bunsen hands down for me.
    What are 5-Guys like?

Have had it in the USA, Belfast and here. Isn't as good here and the burgers are very filling. Didn't feel great after eating the one I got in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

...5 Guys is great as well. But €30 for two burgers, chips, milkshake and a Budweiser...
    Berserker wrote: »
    ...Have had it in the USA, Belfast and here. Isn't as good here and the burgers are very filling. Didn't feel great after eating the one I got in Dundrum.

I've only ever tried the one outside Disneyland Paris; the food is expensive over there anyway so I wasn't really paying attention to the price. I'd nearly travel to Dundrum just to try one of the burgers out of there based on previous burgers.

It cost me ~€30 for 2 burgers, chips and drinks from Eddie Rockets last week - at least 5 Guys didn't pawn off Kandee ketchup in Heinz bottles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Ricks is good even when sober. The burgers are great, but the chips aren't wonderful. Its bright lights have an almost hypnotic effect at night when you have a gallon of stout drank though. Food of the gods at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Bunsen , wow and 5 guys are all excellent , my preference is Wow but I would never put the other two down .
    Bread and bones do a serious good burger too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Fart wrote: »
    Any good vegan options?

complete carnivore here but...........Love the veggie/bean burgers in happy food located in the yoga hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭worded

Is it not a burger made at home your self made from the finest meat you can buy at your local butcher ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ceist99

Bunsen , wow and 5 guys are all excellent , my preference is Wow but I would never put the other two down .
    Bread and bones do a serious good burger too.

New 5 guys on George street, will have to try it. Wow burger is lovely in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Generator used to be great when they cooked them on the ground floor. Haven't been since they're cooking them somewhere else in the building. Some saying not as good.

There's a big kitchen unit downstairs in basement last i heard new gm is putting a lot of money into the kitchen.

They changed there menu near end last year just before I left *worked there 3 years* lost load of customers and money cause of it far as I know they have changed most of it back but I'd imagine its not as good as it was back at its peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Best burger I've had in Dublin was in Bobos but have gone since and hasn't been as nice. Five guys very good but expensive, Bunsen also very nice only had it the once. Box Burger do a great burger, think they are based in Bray but had one in the Eatyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,610 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Your mom makes a great burger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Tommy-Lee-Jones-news-2015-360x240.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brainfreeze

I heard this, made me sad. Went to check to see the new abomination of a once delicious burger as I had not been there for nearly 6 or so months. Maybe more.

Tasted as good as ever! (This was only about a month ago). I could notice no major difference.

I heard they got a new chef, if they did the old chef trained the new one in his ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Wow Burger is ok, Box Burger is pretty good. But I have honestly never had a burger in Ireland that can touch Bunsen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

You should try her clam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

This thread is like an advert for Bunsen. I must try it the next time I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Bunsen number 1 hands down. Wowburger second. 5 guys is nice but overpriced.

Eddie Rockets is very underrated for a burger in my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

1. My gaff (roll on 6pm tonight).
    2. Rick's (drunk or sober); it's a delicious mincey burger and the sauce is lovely.
    3. I've been to Five Guys twice and thought it was amazing (great to hear they've finally opened a city centre branch).

Disclaimer: I've yet to try Bunsen, Bobo's, Wow and many of the other ones popping up around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Threads like these make me hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

The ugly duckling which used to be in the epicurean food hall and then moved to georges st mall did an amazing burger.
    The guys who ran that are now in the hill pub, i see they do a burger on their menu, if it is anything like the ugly duckling one its amazing

not too wild about bunsen, would probably prefer a wowburger,.

There is a good place operating out of a bar in a business park near clontarf, ah eastpoint business park, blockburger
    only went there once, was pretty impressed, but too far out of the way to bother with regularly.

Had a really nice burger in platform 61 south william street, not a burger place, just an option on the menu, the place was cramped and a bit of a temperature nightmare, but the burger really made an impression.

still if i could have the ugly duckling burger again i would be a happy man

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Fart wrote: »
    Any good vegan options?

Bujo in Sandymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Ush1 wrote: »
    Bunsen number 1 hands down. Wowburger second. 5 guys is nice but overpriced.

I think it's beaten by Bujo after speaking to anyone who's had both.
    They also cater for veges which Bunsen doesn't (far as I know).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Bunsen, wow burger, chilli shack for me are my favorites.
    I'm on the fence about 5 guys.
    Jo'burger, bobo's and rest don't do it for me

Advertisement