Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It looks cheap but you will have to pay Renault a hefty monthly lease until the day you scrap the car. Unless you find another fool willing to take over that lease

If your budget is only €5k, get a Leaf. It can DC fast charge too, the Zoe can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

unkel wrote: »
    It looks cheap but you will have to pay Renault a hefty monthly lease until the day you scrap the car. Unless you find another fool willing to take over that lease

If your budget is only €5k, get a Leaf. It can DC fast charge too, the Zoe can't.

I didn't realise Renault we're doing the battery lease in Ireland, all the Zoe's on their website seemed to require you to buy the battery outright.

I wonder is there an option to buy out the lease from Renault. Ideally they'd take battery depreciation into account so you could save some money.

Agree on the Leaf, although a Zoe with fast charging is just as good IMHO

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

All Zoes in the UK / Ireland were always battery lease only until the 40kWh model came out a few years ago. In the UK, you can buy out the battery lease now on the older Zoes, but it is generally expensive and the figures I saw from over there were not great. Best to avoid any battery lease EV. They make no financial sense at all.

Battery lease seemed like an ok option back the guts of 10 years ago as it let you buy the EV a bit cheaper and you were covered forever against battery problems, something most people back then thought was a serious issue. But it turned out batteries last far longer than people thought and are far more reliable, giving very little to zero issues. A battery lease EV has been a fool's choice of a car for several years now, as we all (should) know better.

If you are really, really keen on a Zoe (which is understandable as it's a cool wee car, much better looking than any other cheap EV and it can also AC charge at 22kW, which would suit a lot of people with free work / local charging) and you're on a low budget, you can find battery owned ones for reasonable money now and then. These typically used to be insurance write offs, but can now also be cars that one of the previous owners bought out the lease

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭zg3409

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

2009 Toyota Prius for sale,

As a follow up, to my message of last week, car passed NCT yeaterday, so now NCT'd till End Oct 21, Taxed till Aug 21,

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-toyota-prius-t3-nct-10-21-tax-08-21-4-250/26041901

Trading up to 181 Prius, so sticking with Toyota,

I have had the car since Aug 2010, 100k miles on it, in good condition for its age, looking for €4,250 ONO,
    I'm in no great rush to sell, as replacement car can wait and not really driving much these days.

If anyone interested pm me,

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

Selling my type 2 charger open to offers http://www.adverts.ie/21873168

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

cloughy wrote: »
    2009 Toyota Prius for sale,

As a follow up, to my message of last week, car passed NCT yeaterday, so now NCT'd till End Oct 21, Taxed till Aug 21,

Trading up to 181 Prius, so sticking with Toyota,

I have had the car since Aug 2010, 100k miles on it, in good condition for its age, looking for €4,250 ONO,
    I'm in no great rush to sell, as replacement car can wait and not really driving much these days.

If anyone interested pm me,

Price now down to €4,000 or as close to that as I can get if anyone interested contact me,

Replacement car now available to be collected, so Prius ready to be transfered to a new owner,

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-toyota-prius-4-000-ono/26041901

Otherwise will hold on and see what happens after 6 weeks, but replacement car needs to be taxed, so would like to use it in this period,

Hi cloughy, maybe put it up in the main motors forum? People visiting this forum tend not to be that interested in fossil fuel cars that you can't plug in.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭spuddy

spuddy wrote: »
    I know this is sold, but just out of interest, do Rolec sell replacement cases/housings, and would it have been difficult to swap the parts into a new one?

Just in case has a problem with the outer casing of a Rolec Wallpod, this company will sell you one, if you call them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Kramer wrote: »
    Good looking '19 Ioniq for sale - Phantom black metallic - looks well with the front wrapped & privacy glass :).

6OPec4v.jpg

Great car the Ioniq - Mrs. Kramer will be sad to see her go........is sad she's gone......

Car was sold & best of luck to the new owner. They got a great car at a great price. Many thanks to Phil & Siobhan in Electric Autos - great people & happy to recommend them to anyone.

Curious - was it anyone here on Boards? Or does anyone here on Boards know who got it?

If so & they need any info on the dashcams/wifi/extra stuff I'd on it, shoot me a PM :).

I must post up a thread about how it went.......

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I must post up a thread about how it went.......

Do! Curious how that whole process went (selling via Phil). Surprised it took so long to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,986 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Are you able to say how much a 191 Ioniq goes for?

Will understand if you'd rather not say.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Are you able to say how much a 191 Ioniq goes for?

Will understand if you'd rather not say.

At this stage, nearing 2021 & with more choice now, the ID.3, Peugeots etc. I'd reckon €21/22k in a private sale. One problem is if someone wants an Ioniq, a 171 will usually do & they still have warranty etc. That certainly was against us with our just over 1 year old Ioniq.

Several who enquired went on to buy white 2017s, for not much less - they just didn't see the value that extra 2 or 3 grand was getting them - a 2 year younger car, with metallic paint, 2 years extra warranty, 4x brand new A/B Dunlop tyres, factory privacy glass, heated steering wheel, front wrap, new Bosch wipers, just serviced, taxed for the year, €500 professionally fitted front & rear dashcams, a full set of new Hyundai mats etc.

All that mattered was they wanted an Ioniq & the cheaper it was the better.

They didn't see they'd get the extra outlay back should they want to sell it on again in say, 2 years. They'd still be selling an in warranty Ioniq then & likely get back most of what they paid, say maybe €2/3k less.

Anyway, happy to have taken the brunt of the depreciation & best of luck again to the new owner.

Anyway, happy to have taken the brunt of the depreciation & best of luck again to the new owner.

You couldn't do me a favour and buy an id4 1st or enyaq and sell it on to me after a few months so?

ugh. How did I miss it? Exactly what I was after :(

Scanning this thread for last few months but April was a bit early for me.

ugh. How did I miss it? Exactly what I was after :(

Scanning this thread for last few months but April was a bit early for me.

Pity. Should of shouted out. Tis a wanted thread too!

Good point.

Looking for a high spec Ioniq or 30Kwh LEAF (2017 probably!). Colours not going to be a game-changer but black preferred.

Am also happy enough for someone to do their best to try and offload 'AN Other' electric car my way. Needs to be baby seat friendly etc so Zoe probably not going to work unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Good point.

Looking for a high spec Ioniq or 30Kwh LEAF (2017 probably!). Colours not going to be a game-changer but black preferred.

Am also happy enough for someone to do their best to try and offload 'AN Other' electric car my way. Needs to be baby seat friendly etc so Zoe probably not going to work unfortunately.

What's your budget?

If you can stretch to about €17-€18k you're into Ioniq territory. If you can't go much over €10-11k then the Leaf 30kWh is a good choice for the money.

• Advertisement

Good point.

Staying it Ireland:
    The 2020 ioniq is probably the highest spec, though has drawbacks of being much more expensive to buy, and must slower to fast charge.
    The 2019 has the next highest spec, with a heating steering wheel over the 2017 version.
    The 2017 version is standard in Ireland. It's well enough spec'd though.

A UK Premium SE spec Ioniq will come with:
    Leather seats
    Front seats ventilated (and heated)
    Powered driver seat (with 2 presets)
    Heated steering wheel
    Heated seats in back (2 outside seats only)
    Front and back parking sensors
    Blind spot detection system

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

As I've just put in a Solar PV system I am moving on my Podpoint 7kW Untethered EV Charge Point. Type 2 so will fit all EVs.
    Am also including in the sale a Priority Switch which will most likely be required if you have the likes of an electric shower or heat pump.
    Cost of this charger allowable towards the Government €600 grant so with the right Electrician costs you should get a free installation.
    Grab it quick!

https://www.adverts.ie/other/ev-car-charge-point-priority-switch/22060415

ZDc4Mjg0NmU1YWZhNGQxOGRhNjhjOWI5YjA2NTMyZjMAWurZzfvFVfj4U5UTF7JmaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYWY2OGQxODQyZGYxODYzYjVjNjAxYjY1NjYwNjdhYTNhYmIyMmFlNWQ2ZTFkZmEwNTI5NTcyZDZjZTdkMWJmMy5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MTgzfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

slave1 wrote: »
    As I've just put in a Solar PV system I am moving on my Podpoint 7kW Untethered EV Charge Point. Type 2 so will fit all EVs.
    Am also including in the sale a Priority Switch which will most likely be required if you have the likes of an electric shower or heat pump.
    Cost of this charger allowable towards the Government €600 grant so with the right Electrician costs you should get a free installation.
    Grab it quick!

https://www.adverts.ie/other/ev-car-charge-point-priority-switch/22060415

ZDc4Mjg0NmU1YWZhNGQxOGRhNjhjOWI5YjA2NTMyZjMAWurZzfvFVfj4U5UTF7JmaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYWY2OGQxODQyZGYxODYzYjVjNjAxYjY1NjYwNjdhYTNhYmIyMmFlNWQ2ZTFkZmEwNTI5NTcyZDZjZTdkMWJmMy5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MTgzfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Friend of mine is looking for a second hand charger, I've sent him the link.

Might be above his budget, he was looking more around the €150 Rolec level I think.

Sure you know yourself the early Rolec's are bottom of the market due to their board failings and crackable facias.
    Thanks for sharing in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

slave1 wrote: »
    Sure you know yourself the early Rolec's are bottom of the market due to their board failings and crackable facias.
    Thanks for sharing in any case.

True but once the part is replaced (as mine was) they're fine. The guy I sold mine to for €100 got a free replacement case from some company in the Midlands.

Ps I wasn't suggesting that yours is overpriced, just that he was looking for something cheaper.

Remember that, he did very well, I've the priority board also and PWO from get go

What's your budget?
    Awkward and awful answer to this q is "It depends on the car"
    If you can stretch to about €17-€18k you're into Ioniq territory. If you can't go much over €10-11k then the Leaf 30kWh is a good choice for the money.
    Budget is there for the Ioniq - but also interested in the LEAF30 as a car / price point.

Max range requirement envisioned (5/10 trips per year) will be ~ 180km - so not overly concerned if can't quite handle it in one go (so long as stopping isn't a 3 hour task!). Imagine most/all driving will be short trips and nothing in anyway taxing / trying on any reasonable range tbh.

Obviously the Ioniq would cover that handy, whereas I'd need to be stopping with the LEAF.
    Staying it Ireland:
    The 2020 ioniq is probably the highest spec, though has drawbacks of being much more expensive to buy, and must slower to fast charge.
    The 2019 has the next highest spec, with a heating steering wheel over the 2017 version.
    The 2017 version is standard in Ireland. It's well enough spec'd though.

A UK Premium SE spec Ioniq will come with:
    Leather seats
    Front seats ventilated (and heated)
    Powered driver seat (with 2 presets)
    Heated steering wheel
    Heated seats in back (2 outside seats only)
    Front and back parking sensors
    Blind spot detection system

Am keeping an eye on electricautos.ie (and some other spots) hoping that one of the Premium SE Ioniqs show up from UK. Not really in a place to be able to fly over, pick one up and drive it home at the moment unfortunately (bizarrely enough I only just returned from UK in Sept after 10 years, should have bought and brought!)

Thanks for help all!

Awkward and awful answer to this q is "It depends on the car"

Not at all. Makes more sense than to set a budget and then have to spend all of it. Both my suggestions are good ownership propositions with low total cost of ownership (much lower than equivalent diesel / petrol cars)

Why don't you go drive both and see what you think?

There won't be many premium SE Ioniqs in the country. For most people the extra spec is not that important apart from leather - some people can't have a car without it

And you are better off with a private purchase if you have no trade in. All Ioniqs still have over a year manufacturers warranty left, so nothing of added value a trader like electricautos could give you

so nothing of added value a trader like electricautos could give you

They offer quite a bit IMO.

Peace of mind for a purchaser forking out 10s of thousands of €uros.
    Many private buyers would rather deal with an established & reputable dealer.

They handle test drives & viewings etc., taking that hassle & responsibility out of the hands of both buyer & seller.

They would have an established & targeted customer base too.

We're not talking €3k Leafs here, but year old €20k+ cars. Not too many private buyers in fairness at that level, prepared to deal privately. A dealer like Phil could also organise finance & possibly take a trade in, to facilitate a sale.

So even on an in warranty car like an Ioniq, a dealer/trader can add significant value, to both seller & purchaser.

• Advertisement

I disagree. You would have probably sold your own car quicker and / or with more money nett to you if you had sold it yourself (agreed of course with less hassle).

And buying, if you don't have a trade in, a dealer offers very little extra (on a car with a manufacturers warranty) apart from maybe the peace of mind of the financial transaction. Although they could go bankrupt in the meantime and your money would be gone. You would have more comeback from a private person than from a limited company

Advertisement