Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL 2015

Options
  • 05-03-2015 11:58am
    Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭

Souths kick off the 2015 season in imperious form. Dismissing the Broncos 36-6 in Brissy.

Great to have the footy back.

Come on the Bunnies!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Souths kick off the 2015 season in imperious form. Dismissing the Broncos 36-6 in Brissy.

Great to have the footy back.

Come on the Bunnies!

They'll certainly take some stopping, going to have a couple of quid on the Warriors again this year, more habit than expectation.

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

They'll certainly take some stopping, going to have a couple of quid on the Warriors again this year, more habit than expectation.

Great to playing like this but counts for little at this stage. The Bunnies will have their bad days this season but hopefully they can be back in form like this come September/October.

Manly - Parra about to kick off, good to see Hayne at the game but he's a huge loss to the NRL this season. Gonna be a cracker of a game nonetheless.

Warriors managed to throw a good lead with 20 minutes to go. Led Newcastle by 8 and managed to lose by 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Decent enough start to the season by the Roosters. Unfortunate to see how they still manage to concede so many penalties along the way. Go Roosters.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

old gregg wrote: »
    Decent enough start to the season by the Roosters. Unfortunate to see how they still manage to concede so many penalties along the way. Go Roosters.

Just got me season membership for the roosters for this season.... play the rabbitohs next weekend....that will be a cracking game !!

• Advertisement

Just got me season membership for the roosters for this season.... play the rabbitohs next weekend....that will be a cracking game !!
    It's nearly always a cracker which is great. Sadly I've no plans to scoot back to Australia this year so won't catch any Roosters games this time. I've been a Roosters fan for nearly 50 years and grew up going to games every week.

Fantastic game yesterday between the Bunnies and the Chooks. Rabbitohs at the minute just don't look like losing, great willpower and composure to come from behind. Also the Bunnies looked fitter, the Roosters were dead on their feet at the end. Amazing stuff from GI again, he does things that no other player in the comp can do, such a great mix of speed, strength and balance.

Good win for the Warriors at the weekend. Mid table glory beckons.

Incredible performance from Dylan Walker for the Bunnies today. Played most of the game with what looks like a broken hand, scoring 2 tries, brings back memories of Slammming Sam in last years GF.

Bunnies never really got into a rhythm but still done enough to see off Wests Tigers.

Looking forward to tomorrow's clash between the Panthers and Roosters, has the makings of a classic.

Tomkins in the NRL didn't last long then. Ending his contact with the Warriors early at end of this season. Injury hasn't helped but he hasn't pulled up any trees there.

• Advertisement

He started very well last season but just hasn't kicked on, Tuivasa-Sheck going to be his replacement, big loss for the Chooks.

Huge loss. A bit of panic among fans at recent loss announcements. Am not a happy canmper.

old gregg wrote: »
    Huge loss. A bit of panic among fans at recent loss announcements. Am not a happy canmper.

Is he worth what the Warriors are supposedly going to be paying him? Sounds like he's going to be on great money.

He's a really exciting player I think. A guy who knows how to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Fantastic game yesterday between the Bunnies and the Chooks. Rabbitohs at the minute just don't look like losing, great willpower and composure to come from behind. Also the Bunnies looked fitter, the Roosters were dead on their feet at the end. Amazing stuff from GI again, he does things that no other player in the comp can do, such a great mix of speed, strength and balance.

What a difference a couple of weeks make. The Rabbitohs looked clueless from the 20th minute on and never looked like scoring in the second half. That said if GI had been able to ground that ball when Morgan got a toe to it at 12-4, it obviously would have been a completely different game.

It just seems like a wide open competition this year. After losing their opening three games, the two form sides now are arguably the Dragons and the Cowboys along with the Broncos. The Rabbitohs won't be pushing any panic buttons yet but they will really miss Reynolds while he's out. Teams like the Titans and Sharks have bounced back after a bad start too and won't be easy outs for anyone this year. Added to that the Raiders look like a plucky team too and the Warriors in NZ are tough to put away. Melbourne aren't lighting it up but they are getting the wins on the board. It's just really Manley that seem to be struggling but you'd imagine that when Jamie Lyon and a few others get back that they will improve, but there does seem to be something amiss behind the scenes with player unrest and guys like Cherry-Evans and Foran already set for greener pastures.

The Dragons vs the Broncos on Friday will be a good game. The Dragons defence is awesome but they could miss Frizell if he is suspended for his high shot last week. Storm vs Roosters is the other one that sticks out but it will be interesting to see if the Titans and Sharks keep their runs going against the Panthers and Rabbs respectively and Manley vs Canterbury on Friday is a must win for both teams too. Another exciting week ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Greg "the brains trust" Bird to miss Origin with an 8 week ban after lifting Nightingale in the rep test. Delighted for him.....
    James Taumo to go to the Raiders sounding like a done deal. Ricky building a decent team in the success starved capital.
    I was at the Storm Raiders a few weeks ago, they are really on the up.
    Roosters Penrith GF for my money!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Also I see a few Roosters on here, big whispers Matt Moylan is the big target to replace Rodger TS next year.

Also I see a few Roosters on here, big whispers Matt Moylan is the big target to replace Rodger TS next year.

That would be a serious coup for them. RTS is a fantastic player but Moylan is a bit special and the sky is the limit for him at his age. He'd be a brilliant signing for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Isaac Luke leaving the bunnies at the end of the season to join the Warriors as, citing family reasons. Big loss for the bunnies, the Dragons up next on Monday night, will be a tough match.

Warriors got a couple of very good players lined up for next season then. Good, very late win for them over the Sharks this round. Their standard season so far, inconsistent.

• Advertisement

Isaac Luke leaving the bunnies at the end of the season to join the Warriors as, citing family reasons. Big loss for the bunnies, the Dragons up next on Monday night, will be a tough match.

Yeah interesting one that. He'll like playing with Johnson as he does at international level. Dropped for tonight though with Reynolds and Sutton back in. Dugan a late inclusion for the Dragons too.

Finished 16-10 to the Bunnies tonight, ends the 3 game losing streak. Aaron Gray the youngster with his first 2 career tries in only his second match (could be wrong) and Alex Johnston with the other. Impressive win anyway as the Dragons were on some winning streak.

Finished 16-10 to the Bunnies tonight, ends the 3 game losing streak. Aaron Gray the youngster with his first 2 career tries in only his second match (could be wrong) and Alex Johnston with the other. Impressive win anyway as the Dragons were on some winning streak.

Yeah I think you're right about young Gray. He took his two tries well. The Dragons will be disappointed as they completely controlled the first half and should have been further ahead at half time. The Bunnies stepped up their game in the second half and sustained pressure allowed them to cross the whitewash twice while controlling the second half. The Dragons didnt have any decent possession until well inside the final ten minutes and the Bunnies were able to shut them down. Having reynolds back was a big boost and Luke made a difference in the second half too. Sutton struggled from a bad poke in the eye early in the first half and the Rabbitohs still look like they are struggling a bit, they aren't as fluent as they were early in the season. However, this will be a big boost for them and I'd be surprised if they didnt step up their game over the next few weeks when their big men are back fully 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Nearly fell off my seat watching this. Ouch.

corny wrote: »
    Nearly fell off my seat watching this. Ouch.

Ha yeah was a massive hit by Matai. The Sea Eagles should have done better in that game but their play inside both 10s leaves a bit to be desired

Fast approaching the business end of the NRL season now. Chris Sandow requested to be released from his Eels contract early, to sign with Super League club Warrington, but that was rejected. The Bulldogs comfortably beat the Eels last night and Melbourne Storm hammered Penrith last night too.

Important match tonight between the Dragons and The Rabbitohs tonight at the Sydney Cricket Ground, will be going to that myself, first visit to the SCG for me. Looking forward to it and hoping for a Bunnies victory!

Fast approaching the business end of the NRL season now. Chris Sandow requested to be released from his Eels contract early, to sign with Super League club Warrington, but that was rejected. The Bulldogs comfortably beat the Eels last night and Melbourne Storm hammered Penrith last night too.

Important match tonight between the Dragons and The Rabbitohs tonight at the Sydney Cricket Ground, will be going to that myself, first visit to the SCG for me. Looking forward to it and hoping for a Bunnies victory!

Yeah the dragons have been in very poor form since their sequence of wins earlier in the year. They were creamed last week without the likes of Marshall, Dugan etc so they need a big one tonight. The Rabs are pretty much back to full strength though and I'd expect them to take it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Is NRL not showing on irish tv? Sorry newbie here, used to attend melbourne storms matches when i lived there

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Is NRL not showing on irish tv? Sorry newbie here, used to attend melbourne storms matches when i lived there

Every game is live on Setanta Sports (except sometimes when the Friday night games are played at the same time). However, this won't happen for the rest of the year with the Thursday night games running from now on so every game until the Grand Final will be on live!!

If you have a betting account, you can also stream every game live through Bet365, Ladbrokes or Coral so long as you have money in your account and you have bet at least €1 on an event the previous 24hrs leading up to the match you want to stream.

• Advertisement

Getting into the business end of the season now, big games all the way to the end. Bunnies v Doggies tomorrow and Roosters v Broncos Saturday, will really tell where the teams are at.

Still believe, as a biased Rabbitohs member I must add, the Bunnies are being underestimated to win the Premiership. 4th favourite and 4th on the ladder may seem fair but the Bunnies have beaten all 3 teams above them. They turn up in the big games, majority of defeats have been as favourite against lower ranked teams. With all the remaining games against top teams I can see the Bunnies winning 2/3 going in the playoffs. Missing Luke and Keary this week but should be full strength for Broncos and Roosters.

Who you guys got winning the Premiership?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement