Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super League 2011. General Banter thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Craig Dowling

Justin Morgan gone from Hull KR at the end of the season as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Sam Tomkins GOAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

So the Quins are no more, absolutely terrible season, poorly attended. No real benefit from being Harlequins, none of the Kick and Clap rodneys bothered going to see the RL team.

So now, hopefully, the Broncos will be ressurected and play at a more accessible part of London or South East when they get to leave the Stoop. Leyton Orient have said they may put them up which would be a good move.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

All the signs were pointing that Quins had reached the end of a cul-de-sac, which was a real shame because surely there is the potential for a successful RL club in London.

There must now be a wealth of knowledge accumulated on running a Superleague team in the capital, so hopefully some serious thought is put into all aspects of what is required for a club (and RL) to prosper and grow, rather than just a hasty resurrection.

The-former-Great-Britain--007.jpg

Quite like the new badge, apparently the Broncos (ah, its good to not have to say Harlequins anymore) strip will hark back to the Fulham strip of the origins of Rugby League in London.

LINK here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

When does the 2012 thread start so that I can educate you all on the mighty Vikings ;)

AEDIC wrote: »
    When does the 2012 thread start so that I can educate you all on the mighty Vikings ;)

Shouldn't discussion on the Minnesota Vikings be on the American Football page ;):D

Legends like Ubbe Ragnarsson, Harald Halfdansson and of course, the legendary Egill Skallagrímsson.

:D

Oh, and good luck to Widnes for next year. Fixtures announced Friday morning for next season.

It will be good to have Widnes back where they belong.

Though, like many promoted (remember the good old days!) teams, transition to SL can sometimes be a little fraught.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    It will be good to have Widnes back where they belong.

Though, like many promoted (remember the good old days!) teams, transition to SL can sometimes be a little fraught.

Cant do any worse than the Crusaders surely (famous last words I know) :rolleyes:

Widnes' main problem next year is going to be the coaching staff... not a fan of theirs and I dont believe they have the right style of play to compete....

But its back in the SL so I will take it :D

Cant wait for the fixture list, would imagine the Warrington games will be entertaining :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 GTCONNECT

Advertisement