Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I used to use CK be all the time but now just typically for work.
    Now I use paco rabanne 1 million and the other week a girl talking to me in a club told me she could die because I smelled so good, so I think I'll keep using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

well gentlemen can you recommend a good aftershave?

perhaps willing to.......wait for it..............splash! a "Oner" on this.

p.s. - Oner = 100 euro.

thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Armani Code is probably the most popular fragrance for men at the moment.

Oh and that brown square bottled Gucci one is nice too.

Oh and Aqua Di Gio by Armani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I will probably get shot for this but Burbery is always good and is often on special offer at the perfume shops.

Take your oner and go there and get a nice selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

we already had quite a long thread on this OP. I'll try dig it out and merge ot with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Here you go OP: Original Fragrance Thread so Dr Galen won't have to go looking for it either.

Lots of good advice in there, but remember that due to pheremones one fragrance on someone can smell totally different (either more alluring or repellant) on another person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

You don't have to spend a small fortune on a nice aftershave, i find that the best aren't the fashionable high cost brands, the classic shaving shaving scents are streets ahead of the fashionable stuff, check out shaving.ie Chris has some great stuff and at reasonable prices, and he's a regular poster over on facial hair and hats forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Abercrombie & Fitch - Fierce
    Only aftershave I've ever worn where complete strangers (women of course) start a conversation to compliment it. Very weird but also very awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Hugo Boss Original
    Hugo Boss Energise
    Armani Black Code
    Davidoff Cool Water
    Davidoff Cool Water Deep
    Joop!
    Dior Fahrenheit
    La Coste Essential

I use all of the above and love them all. Really cannot go wrong with any of them (although Joop! can be a little heavy and overbearing at times!)

My personal favourite from the above list is Hugo Boss Original. Tasteful, fragrant and not too heavy. Can't really go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭t4k30

John Paul Gaultier - Le Male & Polo Ralph Lauren

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

My brother got David Coolwater from FragranceX.com the other day and I have to say it smells very nice!

I've heard good things about the A&F Fierce one as well - I might consider buying it. I assume it won't be in Boots so I can test it before I buy it?

t4k30 wrote: »
    John Paul Gaultier - Le Male

An excellent fragrance (must get some soon!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Christ.

care to elaborate Mr Boston?

are you advocating Eau De Jesus?

I find the idea of men applying fragrances appalling. Maybe it's my strong sense of smell but I've always found women's perfumes repulsive and nauseating. Men smell good, we don't need added "extras".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

Boston wrote: »
    I find the idea of men applying fragrances appalling. Maybe it's my strong sense of smell but I've always found women's perfumes repulsive and nauseating. Men smell good, we don't need added "extras".
    Different strokes...

I don't really wear perfume. But I wouldn't exactly oppose anyone who chooses to wear it.

Oh, and I used to find perfume quite nauseating, until I realised that there exist a huge range of different smells and types, and that those which are kinda nauseating should be used sparingly.

LOL Boston :D

A tip I picked up from a hairdresser is if going out to put a bit in your hair cos it lingers longer.

i think the idea of bathing in aftershave is awful alright. We all know what young lads can be like. A nice subtle fragrance though is ok. Small amounts though. I shouldn't smell it unless we're in very close proximity.

Ok, I'll concede to the point that idiots who bathe in aftershave should be shot, it never hurts to sometimes wear some when going out. Subtle fragrances do nothing to hurt anyone and are pleasant, but yes, lads who douse themselves in aftershave should not be allowed to buy any at all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ribbongirl

Hugo Boss is irresistable to us girls.

• Advertisement

One of the lads was wearing something this evening in training which smelled noticeably better then stale tobacco. Definitely wasn't after shave, so I concluded it was a fragrance. How do you go about bring up these things anyway? "While you had me in the arm lock, I couldn't help but notice you smelled less of BO then the other lads, what's that about?" ;)
    CDfm wrote: »
    LOL Boston :D

A tip I picked up from a hairdresser is if going out to put a bit in your hair cos it lingers longer.

You go to a hairdresser? I appear to be the only man on this forum;).

You go to a hairdresser? I appear to be the only man on this forum;).

LOL - I know a few ladies and am settled down. And if a woman says its a nice touch surely its worth listening to. ;)

Thats not the half of it.

Oh and I exfoliate once a week and use moisturiser every day. I've nine different types of cologne, and I also enjoy shoe shopping and have been known to spend a day off relaxing at the spa with an excellent mudwrap, massage and facial. Ah .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

JPG - Le Male
    Armani Code
    Armani Remix
    Carolina Herrera 212 for Men (not 212 sexy or whatever)
    DKNY
    Versace Bluejeans
    CK be

...*looks in drawer*...

Shall I go on? :D

...*looks in drawer*...

Shall I go on? :D

You man are a legend ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TheCapedCrusade

Try Sex Panther, Apparently, 60% of the time, it works everytime.

Sorry, Just Had To.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

I really liked Curve by Liz Claiborne, a couple boys i used to kiss wore that, though I'm not sure if it's as well known on this side of the atlantic?

I also like Abercrombie & Fitch smell [im not sure if they do multiple ones?]...which is embarrassing because i wouldn't really dig guys who shop there, but anytime i've walked past that store the smell would pull me in. my head knows i should smell it and think "fake-tanned douchebag in an overpriced shirt"...but instead it turns me on. sad story.

i suppose i like those fragrances because they're both quite youthful [but not crayons/play doh youthful..] -it creeps me out when i'm with a guy and notice he smells like a dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Dr Galen wrote: »
    Gucci by emmmm Gucci is my current favourite

And a big +1 to this. Got it for Christmas and im very happy with it. Smells alot better than I thought it would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Calvin Kline "One" on a man. Something about it makes me go weak at the knees. The Pacco Robane (sp?) in the green bottle is nice. Forget the name of it, though. Ted Baker do some yummy woody scents too.

As for girly fragrances, my personal favorites would be:
    -Bond Girl by Avon= floral with a hint of rosewood.
    -Kylie Minogue: Sweet Darling =smells exactly like candyfloss!
    -Harajuku Lovers: Lil' Angel by Gwen Stephani =Really fresh, fruity scent-kind of like cut mandrins and peaches. I consider it my personal signature scent.
    -DKNY: Be Deliscious (the green one) = Light musky scent with a strong undertone of apples.
    Absinthe by Christian Lacroix = Musky, woody scent with traces of aniseed scent and a distinctive "absinthe" tang.

I also absolutely adore Organza and Organza: Indecense by Givinchy (I think) but as far as I can see, they've both gone off the market. A shame, really, as those two scents were staples of my childhood.

Feck, now I want to stock up on some Lil' Angel when I go shopping later! XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

I'd recommend Armani Code.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

At various stages of my life to date:

Christian Dior Fahrenheit Aftershave

Ralph Lauren - Polo Sport Aftershave

Hugo Boss

Always hated Paco Rabanne if that means anything...

Advertisement