Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

There's no shame in a doctor looking at your member. S/he's not going to say anything rude in the slightest, and is only there to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭antSionnach

What he said^

I had to have the school nurse, yes, a 148 year old woman! examine me over a blow to this *area* when I was in 6th year. It was worse because it happened during hurling training and she had to come out to the pitches:eek: ! Anyway, I survived that ordeal, so you've got nothing to worry about.
    Go to a male GP and it shouldnt be awkward at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

be aware of something called bxo also lads. i had to have a couple of inches removed. aparently it can get so serious they have to take the lining from your cheek to replace the pipe in your trumpet but the doctor told me to stop reading horror stories on the internet. a week after the op i went back to my gp before going back to work. he cried for the sweet devine intervention of jesus when he saw it. he's arabic. i got another week off work and a dose of antibiotics. i thought it was normal for the stitches to rip with erections at night. to cut a long story short, all is ok now. a bit of a loss of sensation but still as horny as ever. and i'm down to a more modest 9.25 inches and noww i can fit into all kinds of spaces no woman would let me before. happy daze...

come off it boys and girls, if there's something up with the water works get it sorted before it turns into a sewer! i'd have even preferred a female doctor. the nurses ya deal with are way more kool to deal with. apart from one incident. a nurse was cleaning around my bed when i woke up and all i was wondering is (nothing to do with her femine form) what would happen if i got a boner. i asked her. she went away shocked and a team of nurses came marching back to "inspect" my dick in a sling. just a curious thing i thought about later, they were trying to put me back in my box or something. also i thought i had shat myself when i saw my bed, but it was just iodine splashed on my crotch and bed clothes during the op. just do it folks, experience it, it is what it is. once you walk through the doctors door for the first time everything else happens by itself. oh, just remember one thing if you get the full knock-out gas, as you wake up cry to the nurses "oh the pain, the PAIN, woe is me". you prolly wont be in any but best just to buy yourself some time with another jab in the butt til you get your bearing back and build up the courage to pee again.

hi, i'm not sure what this is but i'll post anyway:

my foreskin does not cover the head of my penis. even when not erect. it covers UP to the head. It can be pulled over (awkward) but doesn't stay over. When erect it goes back completely.

Is this normal??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I have the same problem as many of you. The foreskin is very tight and I have never been able to pull it back fully, not even close! Lately it has loosened up SLIGHTLY, so I think before I make a rash decision like going to the doc I will try the stretching exercises. It is very embarrasing and I think as soon as I go back to college I will make an apointment with the college doc and see what they have to say on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

hlepme123 wrote:
    my foreskin does not cover the head of my penis.
    Assumming you mean tip instead of head, I understand this is relatively common, i.e. a poloneck, not a balaclava. If it doesn't cause any problems, I wouldn't worry too much.
    When erect it goes back completely.
    If this isn't painful, you should be fine.

If you are worried, just mention it to your doctor, the next time you are in.

If you're comcerned, just go to the Doc, they won't judge you or anything, it's their job!! There are some cases in which you need to get it sorted!! If you leave it too long it can actually affect your chances of having kids!!! 2weeks since my op and I'm fine, running around and allsorts!! Stitches are still in but they just have to fall out, can't wait now as I'm hoping my sex life can start up again soon!!

the foreskin excessively attached to the head?

I think this be whats wrong with me, the foreskin will pull back but it all kind of gathers just below the head and is quite tight. I think the foreskin is attached to the head on the underside. Does anyone know anything about this? or where I could get more info? I'm still a virgin so I dont know if it will cause pain during sex but it can make cleaning it uncomfortable and while erect it can feel quite tight also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It is attached by the frenulem, many people have one. If it is too short it will restrict your foreskin from coming back. You'll have to have sex to see if it hurts. If you bleed or feel a tear, don't worry, it is minor, you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

It is attached by the frenulem, many people have one. If it is too short it will restrict your foreskin from coming back. You'll have to have sex to see if it hurts. If you bleed or feel a tear, don't worry, it is minor, you'll be fine.
    ugh.. this actually makes me feel ill!!!!

Well i'm the same, doesn't pull back at all, flacid or erect.. but it's never caused me any problems... yet. ugh!!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

*Teaaarrr*

It'll happen when you least expect it, during wild sex.

*Teaaarrr*

It'll happen when you least expect it, during wild sex.
    oh it's happened.... it has pulled back once or twice, didn't realise till i pulled out... the sight of it scared the SHíT outta me hahahaha.... Weird feeling, not painful, just tight and the head is VERY sensitive to touch.

So i guess, it does pull back, but needs lots of.. erm... lube? It's not so easy otherwise tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I'd just like to point out that this thread is a real eye-opener for me; I never knew there was more diversity than circumsised/uncircumsised out there. Thanks for everybody who posted!

Yup, there are a number of other options available to full-blown circumcision, and really ought to be tried (in the majority of cases) before any radical action is taken. Notably steriod cream/gel can prove massively effective, especially when combined with stretching. The cream/gel thins the skin, making it more plyable and allowing it to more freely move over the head, and is generally a permanent solution. If you have only slight tightness, the problem can be substantially in a matter of days in many cases! For tight cases it will take longer and may require some a lot of stretching, but is certainly worth considering trying for 4-6 weeks ebfore even contemplating going the surgical route.

Another option to consider is a partial circumcision, should medicinal applications prove unsuccessful. This involves removing the tight band of skin from the top of the foreskin, and rejoining the cut parts - obviously minus the offending ring. This often results in a partial exposure of the head of the penis when flacid, but is still worth considering if you want to keep your foreskin - some men afterall are born this way, with a short foreskin.

These and other options like frenulplasty (the freeing up of a tight frenulm via relatively minor surgery), are all matters to be discussed and explored with your consultant.

What does that cream do? Just make the skin looser or help with the incredible sensitivity too?

Alas it only helps with the skin Tar.Aldarion, though this generally includes the aiding of the frenulm too if it's just a little too short - it stretches it as well as the foreskin. I've discovered this through someone who is applying the gel as we speak and it is proving hugely successful, and literally over the course of the weekend out of what is a month-long treatment! This is an unpleasant, but not severe case.

However as you mention, and a BIG issue in my case too, I don't know how I'd possibily deal with the sensitivity of the newly exposed head. It's all very well and good to say you just have to get used to it gradually, but from a starting point of hitting the roof every time it is so much as tipped, one would wonder how the hell you get over that initial hurdle! I've no idea.
    Perhaps a GP could prescribe a second anti-sensitivity gel...

Laslo wrote:
    A lot of irresponsible misinformation on here.

Firstly, you're perfectly sensitive after the operation. Maybe less so, I don't know as I was circumcised as a baby, but still perfectly functional.

Secondly, a circumcised penis is cleaner than an uncircumcised one. Smegma and all that other crap doesn't build up under the foreskin. My ex-girlfriend said it was a joy giving me oral sex due to the fact that I was circumcised... which was a bonus :D

Mind you, I find I prefer sex with someone who is uncircumcised because the foreskin provides some extra... I dunno how to describe it... lubricating action? There was less friction, with looser skin.

Alas it only helps with the skin Tar.Aldarion, though this generally includes the aiding of the frenulm too if it's just a little too short - it stretches it as well as the foreskin. I've discovered this through someone who is applying the gel as we speak and it is proving hugely successful, and literally over the course of the weekend out of what is a month-long treatment! This is an unpleasant, but not severe case.

However as you mention, and a BIG issue in my case too, I don't know how I'd possibily deal with the sensitivity of the newly exposed head. It's all very well and good to say you just have to get used to it gradually, but from a starting point of hitting the roof every time it is so much as tipped, one would wonder how the hell you get over that initial hurdle! I've no idea.
    Perhaps a GP could prescribe a second anti-sensitivity gel...
    Aye, no point in getting that suff, making it come down, then finding out I can't have sex anymore, as being touched would make me curl in a ball. Heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

after the foreskin comes back/removed you are very sensitive for a while but not too long.i'm on my 5th week now after circuncission and for teh first few day while it was very sensitive it wasnt that bad brushing off clothes or anything after about a week or so i didnt even notice.
    It's just one of teh sacrifices you have to make if you want the skin to rollback/removed.

• Advertisement

out of curiosity, can anyone recommend any of those creams to help stretch the skin etc? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

LundiMardi wrote:
    out of curiosity, can anyone recommend any of those creams to help stretch the skin etc? Thanks.
    [strike]Spmeoen[/strike] Someone mentioned a brand name in a similar thread. I think its a steroidal cream and I imagine you can only get it under prescription.

out of curiousity.

do you guys mean tight as in cant roll foreskin back completely?

i have a problem where if i have sex in more that 2-3 sittings in one or two days my foreskin can split or cut causing considerable pain, where as 2-3 years ago i didnt have this problem at all...

would this also fall into the same catagory?

I was a virgin until this summer, and never considered circumcision too much. Then I got a steady girlfriend and, of course, the relationship eventually led to intercourse.

Anyways, my foreskin is quite tight; I mean it is pretty much unable to roll back at all without causing a bit of pain to me. When having sex and sustaining an erection the foreskin would remain covering the head and I would have sex in this way. Once or twice (possibly due to condom application) it did roll back a bit during sex and left me in a bit of pain.

Anyways I was wondering, is this normal for the foreskin to still completely cover the head during erection and intercourse or should I start to consider circumcision? I wonder is this leading to a loss of stimulation for me during sex?

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

IAnyways I was wondering, is this normal for the foreskin to still completely cover the head during erection and intercourse or should I start to consider circumcision? I wonder is this leading to a loss of stimulation for me during sex?

If your foreskin is painful to completely retract then you need to speak to a doctor. you should not be suffering that much.

I would really like to hear what womens views are on this subject. I mean do they prefer if a fella is circumcised or does it not matter ....???

4weeks today since the op, everything is fine now really!! the stitches are supposed to dissolve but they were coming out a bit so I had a pull @ a few of them because they were just irritating esp since the skin around it had grown back.

All my skin is ok to touch now, just under the head is a little bit red soon but hopefully it'll be the same colour soon enough!! Not much left to happen now really I guess but any questions about the op and recovery etc feel free to ask! :)

Where are you guys getting your circumcisions done?

I'm scheduled to have it done in Mullingar, St. Francais Private Hospital in a few weeks.

The urologist is recommending frenuloplasty, as my frenulum is too tight, but I'm thinking I'll opt for the full blown circumcision.

(Not for cosmetic reasons. I've been putting off getting anything done on this for years and stupidly avoided relationships and just want to get it over and done with for good.
    I'm convinced doctors will only recommend the minimum necessary treatment, and I really don't want to have to go back in another few months for another penis operation)

I just hope it doesn't mess my dick up. I'd really like to get the best guy/girl out there to do it so there's no fear of a screw up, but don't know enough people in the scene so have to rely on my GPs recommendation.

I've been reading about different circumcision styles on the internet.
    E.g High and Tight

http://www.circlist.com/styles/nicecuts.html

This has me confused as the Urologist didn't even mention the possibility of "style" to me in the consultation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it is I, tbh! *raises galsses*

yep, no point in going unregged anymore, had the op yesterday :) Just wanted to give my id in case anyone readiing had questions, and it also seems that many are embarrassed like I was, so anything I can do....

I went in early cause I've diabetes so I'll just give you the relevant details - went down to the op theatre, and got a general anasthetic - my first. AS soon as the guy injected me, I felt like my blood had been replaced with warm water, started looking at the clock, it was 10:50, closed my eyes, opened them again and it was 1:10 - seriously, it was just like that. I couldn't feel anything except an itchy nose. Had a glance down and saw penis bandaged, I literally could not believe it. The sugeon had been nearby and saw I was awake, came over and told me it had gone really well, and I could go back to the ward - I honestly could not feel a thing. went back and had a sleep, when I woke up it was a little bit tender, but not painful - just sensitive. In my sleep last night, I guess because of expansion and contraction, the bandage came off, and today, just home, it's a little bit sensitive still. It doesn't look bad at all (not braggin or anything :) ) just feels a little sensitive, and the odd time it aches a bit, but seriously, nowhere neer as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm just more tired than anything else. I can't believe it's all over and dealt with! again, thanks to the lads who posted advice, honestly I wouldn't have gone to the docs if you hadn't, and I'm so glad I did, not to overstate things, but it has changed my life.

if anyone has any questions they don't want to raise here, pm me. Believe me, I know it's hard to talk about ;)

• Advertisement

Hey, great news for you, good stuff. Glad it worked out. Damn sensitive penises eh.

Congratz

Advertisement