Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

3000 in the first 6 months? That’s some going.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Any in any Dublin dealers to go in and have a look at does anyone know, I emailed a few but never even got a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭championc

spakman wrote: »
    I saw two trucks carrying e-Niros heading south on M50 this morning (to the depot at Baldonnel I presume).

Strange in that the Morning Post was docked in Dublin for the day on 10 Nov. You'd think they would get them distributed quicker than this.

It would therefore seem possible for a car to take at least a month to arrive at a dealers forecourt.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,761 ✭✭✭✭unkel

championc wrote: »
    Strange in that the Morning Post was docked in Dublin for the day on 10 Nov. You'd think they would get them distributed quicker than this.

It would therefore seem possible for a car to take at least a month to arrive at a dealers forecourt.

Ioniqs 3 years ago were all transported from Dublin docks to Cork for some insane reason. Took quite some time for the cars to be on reg back at the Dublin dealers. Not good when you have been waiting on your car that's already nearly 2 months late :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

They arent in any rush, they arent selling/delivering any of them until January!

• Advertisement

graememk wrote: »
    They arent in any rush, they arent selling/delivering any of them until January!

We'd be expecting our April cars to be built in Feb but they could easily be built in Jan since you've got 5 weeks at sea added to a possible 4 weeks plus at this end.

I just hope the SE's are currently in production.

We'd be expecting our April cars to be built in Feb but they could easily be built in Jan since you've got 5 weeks at sea added to a possible 4 weeks plus at this end.

I just hope the SE's are currently in production.

They are prob being built now, but apparently the next shipment isn't due in until march.

Ireland seems to have more of an available supply/demand of Niros than the UK. as they are quoting new customers to be full filled in June/July i think

Although some people ordered at the start of 19 and only getting them now

Is there anywhere to see one in the flesh. I don't mind waiting if I like one but I want to see one in the flesh so I can assess boot space etc. Anyone know have any dealers have one between Dublin/Wicklow/Wexford?

CramCycle wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to see one in the flesh. I don't mind waiting if I like one but I want to see one in the flesh so I can assess boot space etc. Anyone know have any dealers have one between Dublin/Wicklow/Wexford?

Most dealers should start to receive any January orders now since they arrived into Dublin on 10 Nov. Mind you, the Morning Celine arrives tomorrow (Thursday) with another shipment.

Most dealers should also have a PHEV which will give you a good idea of the look of it too.

Mind you, there are so many videos on YouTube, you'll either want it or you won't. I bet there is nobody who wanted one but then got turned off it because of something about it.

Mind you, there are so many videos on YouTube, you'll either want it or you won't. I bet there is nobody who wanted one but then got turned off it because of something about it.

Not for me, I want one, just the other half wants to see the boot to assure themselves it is big enough. They had convinced herself of a different car and had said it was definitely the one, got to the test drive and the boot was too small. It would also be nice to see one and test drive it before putting down a deposit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Not for me, I want one, just the other half wants to see the boot to assure themselves it is big enough. They had convinced herself of a different car and had said it was definitely the one, got to the test drive and the boot was too small. It would also be nice to see one and test drive it before putting down a deposit.

How near to Wexford are you?

How near to Wexford are you?

I go down most weekends, although not this one, does a dealer down there have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I go down most weekends, although not this one, does a dealer down there have one?

No, but I do, and you're welcome to nose around it and drive it.

No, but I do, and you're welcome to nose around it and drive it.

That would be epic, I'll drop you a PM and see can we arrange it, it would be greatly appreciated

For those who got vouchers, did they come from Kia Ireland or your dealer ?

Kia ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

KIA Ireland

That's what I thought - thanks for the clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Barney224

What's the story with the eNiro? Why are there not enough cars available? Supply and Demand and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Barney224 wrote: »
    What's the story with the eNiro? Why are there not enough cars available? Supply and Demand and all that!

Sales are being held back until 2020 when EU emissions regulations kick in. Hopefully supply will start to open up in second half of 2020 when the manufacturers realise that large fines are looming if they dont sell some EV's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

KCross wrote: »
    Sales are being held back until 2020 when EU emissions regulations kick in. Hopefully supply will start to open up in second half of 2020 when the manufacturers realise that large fines are looming if they dont sell some EV's!

OK thanks. I don't think I've even seen an eNiro on the road yet. Look forward to test driving, possibly buying, one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Kia solves EV supply problems, can deliver on 3,000 Niro EV pre-orders in Europe

https://electrek.co/2019/12/04/kia-solves-ev-supply-problems-can-deliver-on-3000-niro-ev-pre-orders-in-europe/

fricatus wrote: »
    Kia solves EV supply problems, can deliver on 3,000 Niro EV pre-orders in Europe

https://electrek.co/2019/12/04/kia-solves-ev-supply-problems-can-deliver-on-3000-niro-ev-pre-orders-in-europe/
    That 3000 unit wait list is the UK alone not Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Dooley's Kia in Carlow were expecting to get their demo model around now. You should give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭babybuilder

What's the chances of a similar spec here?

Interesting the one that came to ireland already has the battery heater,

Irish spec First edition has Aluminium Pedals, but i dont think it has high beam assist.
    What's the chances of a similar spec here?

It will be similar but wont be the same.

I would certainly love if we got the blind spot assistance above anything else. I saw it working on a Leaf on the M50 on the way to work this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Still no ventilated seats or seat position memory.

Booo.

• Advertisement

For anyone awaiting a First Edition in early January, the Morning Celine docked in Dublin yesterday morning.

Advertisement