Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watch Meet

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 IamNew

Hi, I'd be interested in attending. I'm from Armagh but willing to travel.

Ryath wrote: »
    I’d be a maybe too depending on location and date. I will feel a little inadequate with my modest collection, :( but it would be great to see some of the interesting watches many here have and put some faces to the names.

Every watch has points of interest and a reason or reasons why they cause strange stirrings in our tummies.

What I like to hear about is why you like your watch, any history it has or story connected with it, anything you can tell me about the maker and the movement. All that stuff.

No one worth talking watches with cares how much they cost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    ...why they cause strange stirrings in our tummies...

Glad you said tummies! :p

And totally agree with your point - god knows how many watch fans I've managed to convince to get a Vostok amphibia after I explained/preached to them about how cool the tech/history behind it was.

Doesn't mean I don't enjoy someone discussing their lovely Patek piece either.

Even this Ralph Lauren "fashion" piece actually does have horological significance (though I know there will definitely be people who'd turn up their nose at a "fashion" brand making watches) :D
    https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ralph-lauren-minute-repeater-hands-on

Think the RL piece costs something like 200k usd?

Advertisement