Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grange Castle Public Transport

• 04-10-2018 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just the 13 serving Grange Castle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Missus Doubtfire

The 151 and 68 also pass by. And there's a train station down the road a bit. I don't know how far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Is it just the 13 serving Grange Castle?

If you put in your starting location and where exactly you want to go on here it will give you the options.
    https://hittheroad.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

The 151 and 68 also pass by. And there's a train station down the road a bit. I don't know how far though.

The train stations shows up an hour walk. I was looking at 151 and train to Park West but not really sure. Job offer needs me relocate for a year before going back into the city.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Generally, I'd crawl on hands and knees than get the 13 anywhere. 151 is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Missus Doubtfire

How about cycling? The Grand Canal runs along the edge of Grange Castle. The last stretch is closed off at the moment (major road construction in the area) but there is an access gate from the canal into the Grange Castle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

How about cycling? The Grand Canal runs along the edge of Grange Castle. The last stretch is closed off at the moment (major road construction in the area) but there is an access gate from the canal into the Grange Castle.

It wouldn't be a C+T thread about a query without someone asking the OP is cycling option :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Stephen15 wrote: »
    It wouldn't be a C+T thread about a query without someone asking the OP is cycling option :D

It's most likely a revenge conspiracy,due to the numbers of Busdrivers spamming the Cycling Forum with thousands of "Why donchyiz get de Bus like" posts......Hard to blame them really ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Thanks for suggestion but not in a million years. I will try 151 route if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Stephen15 wrote: »

And they don't need a shower. Oh no.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mosesgun

dfx- wrote: »
    Generally, I'd crawl on hands and knees than get the 13 anywhere. 151 is best.

I've been taking the 13 from Grangecastle area to the northside. Not a bad service but a takes an absolute age. Very frequent service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Google Maps tells me to take the 68?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

68 stops near the front entrance on new nangor road, 151 stops near the rear/side entrance and the 13 goes into the business park itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Gael23 wrote: »
    Google Maps tells me to take the 68?

68 takes about 30 minutes just to get from the city centre to Inchicore due to the meandering route it takes around the south inner city. 151 is best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

68 takes about 30 minutes just to get from the city centre to Inchicore due to the meandering route it takes around the south inner city. 151 is best option.

And also only runs once an hour compared to the 13 which runs every 15 mins and the 151 which runs every 20 mins. Although I'd say after 3 months the OP has made up his mind about the best way to get to Grange Castle.

Slightly off topic but where are good areas to live when working in Grange Castle and using public transport?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

mosesgun wrote: »
    I've been taking the 13 from Grangecastle area to the northside. Not a bad service but a takes an absolute age. Very frequent service.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭Qrt

Slightly off topic but where are good areas to live when working in Grange Castle and using public transport?

Inchicore springs to mind.

Qrt wrote: »
    Inchicore springs to mind.

45 min bus journey according to google maps. Would prefer closer of possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭Qrt

45 min bus journey according to google maps. Would prefer closer of possible

South Clondalkin is nice, especially around the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It really depends on the budget you have for where you're living.

Southside of Lucan is another option for living near Grange Castle as the 151 starts at Foxborough. It's also a 30-40 minute walk and there's a direct route of bike lanes for the sunny days.

• Advertisement

DaveyDave wrote: »
    It really depends on the budget you have for where you're living.

Southside of Lucan is another option for living near Grange Castle as the 151 starts at Foxborough. It's also a 30-40 minute walk and there's a direct route of bike lanes for the sunny days.

Yes was looking at Clondalkin. I just wanted to know if there were others nearby as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,950 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

And they don't need a shower. Oh no.

Greenway kills rai....

Sorry, wrong thread :)

The office is nearly a mile from the 151 stop so I really need to be getting the 13.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The 13 is a misery and unreliable. If I were you keep your options open to mulitple routes to the GC (151/68/13) and the odd walk to your office, Clondalkin Village area of Ninth Lock, Old Nangor road near the Fonthill Road or north side of Woodford might be good options as you're covered by multiple routes. The 151 alone from Woodford is about 10/15 minutes quicker to the GC entrance on a bad day.

Advertisement