Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Broadband contract Eir

• 02-03-2020 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭

My 12 months Eir contract for fiber broadband is due to expire and I've been on the offer of €39 for 12 months for broadband and landline.

I don't want to pay full almost double the price after the 12 months are up, any tips can I threaten to close it and get a new offer similar way that Sky TV operate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

IrishHomer wrote: »
    My 12 months Eir contract for fiber broadband is due to expire and I've been on the offer of €39 for 12 months for broadband and landline.

I don't want to pay full almost double the price after the 12 months are up, any tips can I threaten to close it and get a new offer similar way that Sky TV operate?

I would highly recommend that whoever is the named Account Holder with Eir calls 1901 and after you navigate thru menu options, you need to wait to speak with the Customer Care Dept. As soon as you get through to a Customer Care Agent it is best to request assistance from the "Loyalty Team" as they usually have the best range of offers for "Existing Customers" as Customer Care will not have the same latitude and will push the more expensive option. Unfortunately, there is no direct line/option for getting thru to the "Loyalty Team" as I've been thru it numerous times and I know the score.

Just make sure that the person who makes the call is the actual named account holder with Eir as otherwise; they will usually not be prepared to make these changes until they are speaking with the primary account holder. Also, please make sure you have the Account Number and usual verification details like Password, Date of Birth as they are usually required along with payment details. Hope you get a great deal after all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

IrishHomer wrote: »

They are currently doing same offer for €29 per month and €50 back, however offer expires at midnight.... so you would need to get it done within the next hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

They are currently doing same offer for €29 per month and €50 back, however offer expires at midnight.... so you would need to get it done within the next hour.

The website will probably ask the customer to indicate if the offer is for a "New" or "Existing" customer and once a customer declares that they are an "Existing" customer, they may end up with a different package rate as the €29 per month & €50 back is probably targeting New Customers not currently with Eir. I would be surprised if an Existing Customer could get this deal but best of luck if they can avail of it but it's highly unlikely an Existing customer will get exact same terms as a "New" customer that they want to obtain.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A bit late now anyhow but the OP wouldn't have been able to avail of the offer as the following is from the T&C's here
    2. The Promotion is only available to eligible new eir residential broadband customers who sign up through the online or affiliate channels for an eir Broadband Bundle between 31st December 2019 – 2nd March 2020 or as otherwise notified by eir.

3. This Promotion is only available to new eir residential broadband customers and is not open to existing eir Broadband customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

Got the following offer when I called in (I'm with Eir paying 34.99€ p/m expiring end of March - it shoots up to 59.99€ once contract is up)

Offer 1: 49.99€ - I declined
    Offer 2: 44.99€ - I declined
    Offer 3: 39.99€ - said I would call back. She noted it on my account.

I did say I will happily pay 34.99€ again for 12 months if they could offer it to me to save us all the hassle - no response!

I will call back closer to the date and see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Darando wrote: »
    Got the following offer when I called in (I'm with Eir paying 34.99€ p/m expiring end of March - it shoots up to 59.99€ once contract is up)

I did say I will happily pay 34.99€ again for 12 months if they could offer it to me to save us all the hassle - no response!

Keep us updated, i'm on 39.99 a month ending soon also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Darando wrote: »

What number/department did you call please? I usually contact them via the messaging service within the Myeir app

Rang in and asked for Loyalty Department

Got it for 34.99€ without even asking for too much. Just rang in the day before contract was up and said I wanted to discuss my renewal - was offered 34.99€. Smooth process. Happy enough with the result. Long wait on the line but can imagine very few in the office with C19.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭clarecoco

I have Eir broadband plus TV plus 1 mobile phone plan. I had a 12 month contract at €64 per month for the lot. That bundle covers Broadband + landline phone + TV + 1 mobile phone contract + Amazon Video. As the promotion price was up on 1st May next the monthly cost was due to increase to about €100 per month.

I phoned up Eir and said I was giving the required 30 days notice to cancel as I would get a better promotional deal with others. Eir are very slow in answering phone lines so the best time to phone is when they open 1st thing at 9am.
    The Eir operator said if she could give me a bundle deal would I consider staying?.
    She came back with a promotional Price:€59.97 per month for everything all in again. On top of broadband, phone TV, hat bundle includes one mobile phone contract with unlimited usage. I got the same TV bundle again which I had previously, including Amazon video in a 12 month contract at that price. I took it. It was worth asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

clarecoco wrote: »
    I have Eir broadband plus TV plus 1 mobile phone plan. I had a 12 month contract at €64 per month for the lot. That bundle covers Broadband + landline phone + TV + 1 mobile phone contract + Amazon Video. As the promotion price was up on 1st May next the monthly cost was due to increase to about €100 per month.

I phoned up Eir and said I was giving the required 30 days notice to cancel as I would get a better promotional deal with others. Eir are very slow in answering phone lines so the best time to phone is when they open 1st thing at 9am.
    The Eir operator said if she could give me a bundle deal would I consider staying?.
    She came back with a promotional Price:€59.97 per month for everything all in again. On top of broadband, phone TV, hat bundle includes one mobile phone contract with unlimited usage. I got the same TV bundle again which I had previously, including Amazon video in a 12 month contract at that price. I took it. It was worth asking.

Probably because of this.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058072894

Advertisement