Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-03-2020, 07:48   #4696
Mav11

Quote:
Originally Posted by derra View Post
Just got my first bill after the phone calls last month renewing contract , ended up with half price six months and just about full on for the remaining six.

Got the email last month stating what was agreed on phone and this month's bill is in the middle of half price and full price, i am sick of it, same fúckery each year.
Did you not get an email at the time confirming details of the agreement?

Sorry I see that you did!!!

Last edited by Mav11; 27-03-2020 at 07:49. Reason: Misread original
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-03-2020, 09:54   #4697
derra

Send a message via MSN to derra
Billing dept. is closed.
27-03-2020, 10:35   #4698
beauf

Quote:
Originally Posted by derra View Post
Just got my first bill after the phone calls last month renewing contract , ended up with half price six months and just about full on for the remaining six.

Got the email last month stating what was agreed on phone and this month's bill is in the middle of half price and full price, i am sick of it, same fúckery each year.
Same here. Every year the same stupid stuff.
27-03-2020, 10:48   #4699
JDxtra

Why can't they just charge everyone a "fair" price with no options for any discounts...

(revenue from customers paying list price + revenue from customers on discounts) / number of customers = fair price for everyone

They'd even save money by not having to employee so many people in billing and customer service. Plus customer satisfaction would improve as there would be no more haggling needed.
27-03-2020, 11:25   #4700
beauf

Most people don't haggle. So some bean counter thinks its cheaper to do that than employ all these people to haggle. Then a ton of people to fix all the biling.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-03-2020, 17:56   #4701
sonofenoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDxtra View Post
Why can't they just charge everyone a "fair" price with no options for any discounts...

(revenue from customers paying list price + revenue from customers on discounts) / number of customers = fair price for everyone

They'd even save money by not having to employee so many people in billing and customer service. Plus customer satisfaction would improve as there would be no more haggling needed.
Or different rates for different speeds like UPC did, do most people actually need 240+mb BB .......I have it and honestly can't tell the difference to 50mb's, I certainly notice the difference in 62.50 pm
(2) thanks from:
27-03-2020, 19:20   #4702
JDxtra

Agree - most do not need more than 50Mbps really. It only comes into play when you want 'offline' content downloaded fast.

I've 40+ devices on my LAN right now (not a joke). Some kids are some gaming, plus wifi cameras etc. My current usage is hovering around 1.2Mbps/down and 1.6Mbps up.

Normally Netflix UHD uses 15Mbps (thanks to Covid-19 it now uses 7.5Mbpbs), so even if you allowed for 2 of those concurrently there's still loads of room on a 50Mbps connection.
27-03-2020, 19:26   #4703
Mav11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofenoch View Post
Or different rates for different speeds like UPC did, do most people actually need 240+mb BB .......I have it and honestly can't tell the difference to 50mb's, I certainly notice the difference in 62.50 pm
Moved to Vodafone in December, 25pm first 6 months then 40pm and I can't tell the difference either. Will never go back at those prices!!
Yesterday, 18:17   #4704
Pheonix10

Hey there, is there anyway to avoid the cancellation fees after 6 months seens as they wont offer me anything to stay?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion