Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+ thread - See Mod Post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

Id be up for joining a family deal as well if anyone is looking :)

Same 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

ebayissues wrote: »
    Same ����

Snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

Me 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Count me in on a family plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I can't find a definitive list of all Disney+ Ireland programmes but here is what they had for the US launch
    https://entertainment.ie/tv/tv-news/disney-plus-launch-titles-library-410909/

When looking at Virgin's current tv package, I'm guessing they they will likely lose the following channels once their contract with Disney ends

https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-support/support-by-products/tv/virgin-tv/virgin-tv-channels/virgin-tv-channel-list/

Disney Junior
    Disney Channel HD
    National Geographic
    National Geographic HD
    Nat Geo Wild
    Nat Geo Wild HD

I’m not so sure. Most people, including myself, thought the main advantage of Disney+ is that content wouldn’t be disappearing, given that they actually own all their stuff. It’d always be there. That this would be a reliable vault for all their stuff. That’s not what’s happening with the service in the States, because Disney is hungry as fawk and doesn’t want to give up those licensing deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

loyatemu wrote: »
    buy a calculator?

No need. You already have one on your phone. Anyway, I did the maths for you. Send me over any other sums you need doing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dj_louth

Count me in on family plan

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Haz17

Count me in on a family plan too please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Did we figure out if each profile has it's own login like Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Is turkey launching Disney + soon ?? Dont mind going the Netflix route !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭Soarer

Will the UK/Ireland get the 4K/HDR content?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Willing to set up a family plan. PM me for details.

Side note will ps4 have app for this? Quick search looks like there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Have 3 users lined up and waiting on there payments I'll get back to the other users if no payment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭djdunny

I would be interested in joining a family group

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I would join a family if someone want's to setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭irlgirl

also interested in a family plan

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Soarer wrote: »
    Will the UK/Ireland get the 4K/HDR content?

I'd imagine so, as it'll be one of the big selling points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I’m not so sure. Most people, including myself, thought the main advantage of Disney+ is that content wouldn’t be disappearing, given that they actually own all their stuff. It’d always be there. That this would be a reliable vault for all their stuff. That’s not what’s happening with the service in the States, because Disney is hungry as fawk and doesn’t want to give up those licensing deals.

Perhaps I am not keeping a close enough eye, but I've been using Disney+ since day one and I don't know of anything that has disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,861 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

So far, the list of titles removed includes Dr. Dolittle, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Home Alone, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, The Sandlot, Flicka, Strange Magic, and The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration, as well as The Shaggy Dog and Garfield 2: A Tail of Two Kitties, which were quietly removed in 2019.

What’s the story with the content here? I’d seen some stories about shows being delayed or not being shown at all.

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    So far, the list of titles removed includes Dr. Dolittle, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Home Alone, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, The Sandlot, Flicka, Strange Magic, and The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration, as well as The Shaggy Dog and Garfield 2: A Tail of Two Kitties, which were quietly removed in 2019.

Ah ok, surprised I didn't notice Home Alone going, kids love that and have watched it multiple times.

What’s the story with the content here? I’d seen some stories about shows being delayed or not being shown at all.

Its unlikely that The Simpsons will be on it. Having said that the Simpsons originally wasn't to be on the US version either but they changed this after an out cry from the public before launch. The Mandelorian was released each week for 8 weeks on the US version & it's likely to be the same here.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Its unlikely that The Simpsons will be on it. Having said that the Simpsons originally wasn't to be on the US version either but they changed this after an out cry from the public before launch. The Mandelorian was released each week for 8 weeks on the US version & it's likely to be the same here.

The latter of those is one I wanted to see and I’d heard rumours we (and the UK) wouldn’t see it at launch at all.

The latter of those is one I wanted to see and I’d heard rumours we (and the UK) wouldn’t see it at launch at all.

This is the biggest attraction for adults on Disney Plus. They will have it on launch but I doubt they will drop all 8 episodes on the channel an launch day. It makes sense that they spread it out over 8 weeks so you have to subscribe for at least two months. I enjoyed the show. Eight episodes just wasn't long enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Vpns aren't illegal btw.. they just don't want you using them to access geo restricted content,but it's not illegal to do it. They have to be shown to disallow them so ,hence the blocks by Netflix etc

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

I would be interested in a family plan too. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Also interested in joining a family plan if anyone has a spot

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

I would be interested in joining a family group

Vpns aren't illegal btw.. they just don't want you using them to access geo restricted content,but it's not illegal to do it. They have to be shown to disallow them so ,hence the blocks by Netflix etc

Is your screen name a play on lazar markovic???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Looks like Disney plus will be coming to Sky Q and be like netflix an integrated setup

Details still TBC as Sky not officially announced it yet

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1245134/Sky-TV-Upgrade-DisneyPlus-Streaming-App-March-24

Advertisement