Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP in Dundalk/Video Dr

• 04-06-2020 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

Hi,hoping someone can recommend a good GP practice in/around Dundalk for myself and wife to attend.

Also if anyone knows any of the video doctor services are any good/reliable for accurate diagnosis ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

No one can help with this ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

My GP isn't taking on any new patients. A lot of doctors are the same, I'd say you may whip out the phone book.

I'm pretty sure the Blackrock clinic, just outside Dundalk, will take walk-ins. I've been there for on-call services and found them grand, perhaps start there... https://rockdoc.ie/

Thank for recommendation on blackrock clinic Mr Magnolia. Understand some may not take more patients but would like to find out about the local gps before calling to at least know if they may be suitable.

Any others can possible offer opinions on local gps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Our family doctor,Paul O'Reilly is now based at https://www.centricgp.ie/the-square-medical/

Good doctor,very friendly,amiable no rush type who gives v.good diagnosis & excellent referrals when needed.
    I wouldn't pass him.

Tnx 10green bottles

• Advertisement

I moved here for the lockdown (just before it was announced) and decided I'd better register with a local GP, just in case.

I did manage to do so, but only after they interviewed me to clarify that I had health insurance. That seemed to matter, I suspect they were screening against medical card applications - Surprisingly enough, GP practices are struggling and some GPs are even doing locum hospital work to cover their costs. So they may not be taking on medical card patients, but that's speculation on my behalf.

Advertisement