Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wild camping in Louth

• 23-05-2020 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Anyone know any safe spots to take the kids wild camping this summer?

Comments

Anyone know any safe spots to take the kids wild camping this summer?

Is wild camping just camping in nature as opposed to a campsite?

In that case, I regularly go camping by myself in the Cooleys. You can camp almost anywhere from Black Mountain to Carlingford. Even the blanket bog is surprisingly well drained. Start from Black Mountain, which is a very accessable slope with a comfortable path for the kids, and go east from there... there are some beautiful views over Omeath and across the sound to Warrenpoint, stretching up to the Mournes.

Brings firelighters and eggs, and kindling because there's not much of it on the mountains; then make them boiled eggs for breakfast. They'll probably get a real kick out of it, and you cannot buy a view like that. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Not in Louth but I've went camping in Tollymore Forest Park, it's just outside the seaside town of Newcastle Co. Down.

It's a great spot at the foot of Slieve Donard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Not in Louth but I've went camping in Tollymore Forest Park, it's just outside the seaside town of Newcastle Co. Down.

It's a great spot at the foot of Slieve Donard.

Did you wild camp there? Is it ok to do that in the forest?

Advertisement