Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

Anyone fancy condit for a gamble?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

weemcd wrote: »
    Anyone fancy condit for a gamble?

Condit by KO is 4/1, I can definitely see that as a possible outcome. He certainly has the power to do it but I won't be having a bet on this fight, way too close to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

I'm nearly certain I'm going to have a decent bet on Big Country to win by ko or points at 17/10 (Paddy) and another decent bet on Condit at 7/4(Boyles). I'm also going to have a fiver on the double. I'm not particularly confident with either to be honest, I consider Nelson/Werdum to be a 50/50 fight so that price is value to me as Werdum will not be submitted. Condit is nearly a clone of Diaz in terms of durability, skills and cardio, but he surely has a big power advantage? I have a horrible feeling I will lose my bo**ocks this weekend to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

I'm nearly certain I'm going to have a decent bet on Big Country to win by ko or points at 17/10 (Paddy) and another decent bet on Condit at 7/4(Boyles). I'm also going to have a fiver on the double. I'm not particularly confident with either to be honest, I consider Nelson/Werdum to be a 50/50 fight so that price is value to me as Werdum will not be submitted. Condit is nearly a clone of Diaz in terms of durability, skills and cardio, but he surely has a big power advantage? I have a horrible feeling I will lose my bo**ocks this weekend to be honest.

I love Big Country in that fight, he has savage takedown defence so I can see this fight playing out on the feet.. 5/1 for a KO by nelson is decent value considering he has the power to get it done.

Id say the diaz condit fight will most likely be a close decision with diaz outpointing him but i wouldnt be shocked at anything in that fight except a condit submission win..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I can't call the diaz cond fight either but the fact its a fiver rounder is
    what's swaying me towards diaz
    condit is awful big at 7/4 though imo
    a points win for either guy is 11/8 with pp and i could see that one happening
    especially with the cardio and chins these guys have
    I don't see a fotn market on pp but surely this is one of the most obvious
    contenders for fotn in a long time and its a market i avoid like the plague.
    Mind you last time i thought that...the korean zombie subbed garcia :rolleyes:

i like big countrys price also and have gone for this double
    nelson by ko or on points 17/10 with edwin figeroa 4/6 as he's fighting
    bruce leroy who's just useless

gone for this treble also
    kosh by sub or on points 10/11 nelson by ko or on points 17/10 and
    how fight will end..diaz v condit - points 11/8

had to ring pp to do both these bets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

Koscheck by ko or points, ed Herman, matt brown, werdum all to win 7/2 easy money... And koscheck ko of the night :)

Koscheck by ko or points, ed Herman, matt brown, werdum all to win 7/2 easy money... And koscheck ko of the night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I know it's a few weeks away but Meisha Tait 11/5 to beat Rousey. Anyone else find them incredible odds? I'm not a huge fan of WMMA even though I was at Taits last fight but who Rousey hasn't beaten anyone of note really. Seems to be all talk; think I'll be lumping on big.

another nibble

condit on points 5/1

can't resist
    i can't call this fight at all

condit diaz 6/5 for fotn

jaysus, hoping for a bit more than that
    you can kiss my hole pp with that one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

mailburner wrote: »
    condit diaz 6/5 for fotn

jaysus, hoping for a bit more than that
    you can kiss my hole pp with that one

Where is that option on PP?

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Where is that option on PP?
    wasnt there all week though

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/ufc-mma/ufc-matches?ev_oc_grp_ids=378305

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

there underdog special aint bad odds this week, nelson and conduit 11/2 :) ill be having a nice wager on that me thinks.

I took:

-Nelson KO/Points @ 17/10
    -Diaz KO/Points @ 4/5
    -Diaz/Condit @ 1/1
    -Thompson/Poirer @ 21/20

Easy money:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

Went against my instinct, got greedy and put a fiver on Condit by KO, should have just put 10/20 on him to win like I planned...

Had the treble of Fabricio Werdum, Josh Koscheck, Renan Barao @3.12 tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

weemcd wrote: »
    Went against my instinct, got greedy and put a fiver on Condit by KO, should have just put 10/20 on him to win like I planned...

Had the treble of Fabricio Werdum, Josh Koscheck, Renan Barao @3.12 tho

I was the exact same except I did Ed Herman instead of Barao. And like you I contemplated just doing the straight Condit win. That's too cards in a row I've lost a four fight accumulator in one fight. Damn you Duane Ludwig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

got
    Condit
    Herman
    Koscheck
    Verdum

15 quid accumulator return 146:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Any decent sites that give multiple markets for Strikeforce? Really want to back Rousey by sub but I can only find win markets on PaddyPower and Labrokes.

Any decent sites that give multiple markets for Strikeforce? Really want to back Rousey by sub but I can only find win markets on PaddyPower and Labrokes.

pp your only hope but i'd say the chances of getting a bet on the method
    of victory in that fight are nil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I emailed PP a while ago asking about odds for a particular fight and they said if you ever want to bet on something thats not listed, you can contact them and they'll give you a price on it. I never did it though so I dunno if they actually do it or not. Might be worth a call though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Dean09 wrote: »
    I emailed PP a while ago asking about odds for a particular fight and they said if you ever want to bet on something thats not listed, you can contact them and they'll give you a price on it. I never did it though so I dunno if they actually do it or not. Might be worth a call though.

Thanks for the replys. I called into several bookies today and they all said there would only be win markets up until a day or two before the fight. Boylesports seemed to be waiting for Betfair prices so they could follow suit.

Dean09 wrote: »

They do offer prices on some non-listed markets such as Strikeforce, but they're not always guaranteed to offer them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Bader at 2/1 is the bet for me I think. He seems like he is too much value at that price. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's quite hard to tell. Bader hasn't had the best run of late, not his fault, but confidance might be down. And you never know which rampage will show up. I've a feeling Japan will spur him on to make this count.

I really fancy Edgar at 1.85 or 9/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

Is Paddys only doing 3 matches for the weekend?..BoyleSports seem to have a few more

DB888 wrote: »
    Is Paddys only doing 3 matches for the weekend?..BoyleSports seem to have a few more

they'll have them all priced up but it might be as late as friday
    before you see them

What Mailburner said is right, you won't see them until Thursday night at the very earliest.

They surprisingly do have better markets than Bet365 I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Use oddschecker to find the best markets and prices.

So far, betfair is reasonable for 144

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

1.85 is odds on.

Advertisement