Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much money do you have left over at bills are paid

• 09-07-2020 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

I earn 45K. Mortgage is 540 a month. I drive a 1500 euro car which drives perfect.

I'm single and after my bills are paid i have 2300(Excluding electric, fuel, food) left over to do whatever I please with for the month.

I travel all over the world whenever I can and been to 34 different countries.

I love my life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

I used to ask myself this question, then I realised that until my BMI was absolutely perfect I couldn't enjoy myself no matter what I had. I lost a pound to get my BMI right in the middle of perfect and life changed for me within hours. It's been a constant hill climb but my hill has no top. I'm earning 4 times what I was earning when I had my epiphany and now dont even count money, I just spend it as I please. Houses paid for. Tenants happy out. I'm home a few weeks and have started getting involved in community work. That's like money for the soul, it's the real payment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

I used to ask myself this question, then I realised that until my BMI was absolutely perfect I couldn't enjoy myself no matter what I had. I lost a pound to get my BMI right in the middle of perfect and life changed for me within hours. It's been a constant hill climb but my hill has no top. I'm earning 4 times what I was earning when I had my epiphany and now dont even count money, I just spend it as I please. Houses paid for. Tenants happy out. I'm home a few weeks and have started getting involved in community work. That's like money for the soul, it's the real payment.

What??

lickalot wrote: »
    I earn 45K. Mortgage is 540 a month. I drive a 1500 euro car which drives perfect.

I'm single and after my bills are paid i have 2300(Excluding electric, fuel, food) left over to do whatever I please with for the month.

I love my life.

I take it your job isn’t too stressful or long hours?
    Do you have plans to have a partner or children? Will this change if so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Shylock is a comedian after hours.

I havnt met him yet, is he tall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭lickalot

CBear1993 wrote: »
    I take it your job isn’t too stressful or long hours?
    Do you have plans to have a partner or children? Will this change if so...

Nope, zero stress. Start at 9 with a 5 minute drive to work. Finish on the dot at 5 everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

I love my life.

45k is that all? Peasant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I live at home, saving for a mortgage. I save about 2K a month.

I have something left-over every month, but it doesn't matter. I hate the outgoings, they actually bother me. I often wish I wasn't so bothered by expenses, I know that I sound like a miserable bastard, but spending money really bugs me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭nofiller69

i make on average 35k every 2 months. I drive a 50k car and never worry about ****e like grocery and fuel. I did well in university.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Another schlong measuring contest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I love my life.

This is quite an unsuccessful attempt at a brag.

Let's get this straight:

You have a fairly low wage.

You live in a cheap house.

You drive a **** car.

You don't have a girlfriend or wife.

You have a little bit of cash left over at the end of the month and you travel a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭NSAman

rapul wrote: »
    Another schlong measuring contest!
    And we all know who has the shortest..;)

(runs for the door)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Not the ****ing BMI guy again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭gifted

How much money have I left over after I pay my bills???........ good one....lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

It varies really for me.when someone wants work done of their bike,I initially fork out for the parts/labour.and add it to their bill.If they don't pay for it I hold onto the bike for a length of time.If things aren't resolved I sell it for cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

I earn a lot but I'm pretty bad with money.

Have a weakness for wine, women and song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭chrissb8

OMM 0000 wrote: »

Let's get this straight:

You drive a **** car.

You have a little bit of cash left over at the end of the month and you travel a lot.

I mean. When you put it that way.

Where do I sign up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I like beans on toast.

Sometimes I will sprinkle grated cheese on top.

chrissb8 wrote: »
    I mean. When you put it that way.

Where do I sign up?

http://www.call-centre-jobs-longford.ie

Let's get this straight:

Not really, If i was in Dublin I'd be up around the 80K mark.

I live in a four bedroom house and done it up to a high spec and a lovely big garden. Its also a 2 story bungalow.

You drive a **** car.

No, Its a perfect car for driving from A to B. Why would you waste money on a depreciating asset?? Just because a car is dearer doesn't make it a better car

And I want to keep it that way

I have 2300 quid to do what I please with, I wouldn't call that a little bit of money. Might take a trip to California once the cornavirus settles down or maybe Australia for a month, who knows

• Advertisement

You have a low wage, live in a cheap house, have a **** car, and don't have a lot of money.

You're doing "OK" but you shouldn't be trying to brag as you're not doing very well.

You have a low wage, live in a cheap house, have a **** car, and don't have a lot of money.

You're doing "OK" but you shouldn't be trying to brag as you're not doing very well.

Not a bad wage outside of Dublin. I should be on 60K soon.

My house is stunning, four bedroom bungalow with huge garden? Wonder how much the same would cost in Dublin? Probably 500K or more I would imagine. So why would you call it a cheap house?

I could get a new car in the morning. Why waste money on something that just gets you from A to B and depreciates in value. The 5 minute drive into work is also brilliant.

My house is stunning, four bedroom bungalow with huge garden? Wonder how much the same would cost in Dublin? Probably 500K or more I would imagine. So why would you call it a cheap house?

I could get a new car in the morning. Why waste money on something that just gets you from A to B and depreciates in value. The 5 minute drive into work is also brilliant.

You can try to pretend all you want but you've already stated your finances and you're not doing very well.

The issue, I guess, is you've surrounded yourself with people who are doing badly, so by comparison you think you're doing well. But when you compare yourself with the rest of society you're just doing "OK". You are lower middle class.

I'm glad you're happy though.

You can try to pretend all you want but you've already stated your finances and you're not doing very well.

The issue, I guess, is you've surrounded yourself with people who are doing badly, so by comparison you think you're doing well. But when you compare yourself with the rest of society you're just doing "OK". You are lower middle class.

I'm glad you're happy though.

If I double my wages and go to Dublin and have a BMW outside with a huge mortgage and have 1K left over a month would that make me higher class?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,280 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

If I double my wages and go to Dublin and have a BMW outside with a huge mortgage and have 1K left over a month would that make me higher class?

No, you can't buy class.

Well, what's your age and education?

If you're in your 20s and on 95k you're doing very well financially.

A huge mortgage and BMW doesn't give you class, but as a single guy on a 95k wage you can probably live in a working class neighbourhood or get a small apartment in a middle class neighbourhood.

I sense you're out of touch with how much people earn.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I love my life.

You can't have too many bills if you've got €2300 left after paying them on that wage. Think it works out at about ~€3000 net a month so ~€140 bllls? My maths may not be correct though.

Anyhow fair play, 45k isn't a bad wage at all out in the sticks. Fcuk the begrudgers on 80k up in Dublin in their beemer who are technically way worse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,280 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I see lickalot has left the building, no doubt off to spend more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Josh.

Not a lot

• Advertisement

Is this Jay from the inbetweeners in disguise? This lad must literally knock one out over himself and his delusional thoughts

Advertisement