Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Had no doubt at all he'd get off, big wigs at the NRL would never have had it any other way. Joke decision.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Tuivasa Shek wins the Dally M. First time for the Warriors I think.

Tuivasa Shek wins the Dally M. First time for the Warriors I think.

He is indeed, and fantastic news.

Isaac Luke made it memorable by look of this clip:

[url]

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not long to wait now, folks. Let's go Roosters. :cool:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Not long to wait now, folks. Let's go Roosters. :cool:

Definitely.

Starts at 9.30am on Sky Sports Arena (and the NRL streaming app).

• Advertisement

The NRL love a bit of old flannel before the big games don't they.

Roosters kicking Storm's arse so far, and it's great.

Wow, can't believe that half. Roosters so dominant. Love it. :cool:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

The fox bites back. Gift for Melbourne.

18-6 now.

All over. Roosters win! 21-6.

Think everyone's pleased Slater played now. No excuses for the result. Better team won.

Will probably be remembered as the final Cronk won with one arm. Boyd Cordner saying in his post-match interview that he played with a broken scapula.

• Advertisement

Comfortable win for the Roosters. Storm focused far too much on Cronk in the first half, and he rarely touched the ball, great decoy.

Luke Keary wins the Clive Churchill medal. Well deserved.

Luke Keary wins the Clive Churchill medal. Well deserved.

He did all the work you'd expect Cronk to do, he was everywhere and definitely deserved.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Loved that game. Great spectacle despite one sides dominance. Wish we could replicate that over here.

Pretty one sided GF. Very unusual for Melbourne to be dominated so much. I see Slater didn't get a good reception from the crowd.

Roll on next years. And hopefully Sky will have more games on the Saturday morning rather than Thursday & Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Roll on next years. And hopefully Sky will have more games on the Saturday morning rather than Thursday & Friday.

We can only hope they do a better job with the scheduling next year.

Danick wrote: »
    We can only hope they do a better job with the scheduling next year.

Well an awful lot of teams hardly got a look in with their coverage. I wish the streaming app was a bit cheaper for the year, or you could sign up for minium contract and pay yearly price off monthly (if that makes sense).

Well an awful lot of teams hardly got a look in with their coverage. I wish the streaming app was a bit cheaper for the year, or you could sign up for minium contract and pay yearly price off monthly (if that makes sense).

Friend of mine in Leeds will give me his log-in next year - there won't be any chance of them copping a sign in from two very different locations hopefully ?

Friend of mine in Leeds will give me his log-in next year - there won't be any chance of them copping a sign in from two very different locations hopefully ?

They allow 2 connections to at the same time time, not sure if they'll check location. Good luck with the plan, hopefully it'll be fine.

• Advertisement

The Footy Show axed after 25 years:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/oct/02/channel-nine-axes-footy-show-after-25-years

I watched it the odd time, though I haven't seen any of it this year.

They allow 2 connections to at the same time time, not sure if they'll check location. Good luck with the plan, hopefully it'll be fine.

Yeah, I don't want to be the cause of his account getting cancelled!

The Footy Show axed after 25 years:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/oct/02/channel-nine-axes-footy-show-after-25-years

I watched it the odd time, though I haven't seen any of it this year.
    It's been a dead man walking for a while now I think. I started watching it in the mid 2000's and it was genuinely funny. They got rid of Paul Vautin last year and that annoyed a lot of people. League over there is still seen as a mans game and putting Erin Molan as host was never gonna work.

Valentine Holmes reportedly looking to make a career in the NFL.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/nov/19/valentine-holmes-weighs-up-switch-from-nrl-to-nfl-report

I'd be sad to see him leave.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/nov/19/valentine-holmes-weighs-up-switch-from-nrl-to-nfl-report

He's going to be as successful as Hayne I fear (not very).

Talking of whom, interest in signing him has dropped off a cliff since further sex assault allegations surfaced. He's poison imo.

That sport doesn't interest me in the slightest, what is the draw exactly ?

That sport doesn't interest me in the slightest, what is the draw exactly ?

$$$$$$$$$$ and a higher international profile, which leads to more $$$$$$$$$$!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

:pac:" hopes to follow in the footsteps" of Hayne , I thought you said you wanted to play in the NFL

$$$$$$$$$$ and a higher international profile, which leads to more $$$$$$$$$$!

I meant more from a spectators pov ha !

• Advertisement

I meant more from a spectators pov ha !

Me and the wrong end of the stick is a common occurrence.

I quite like it, good background sport, very easy to read, or browse the Internet and still keep up because of the stop start nature. I've watched since the early days of channel four showing it and It can be a great watch when you have a close game, but I'm definitely only a casual fan, the finer points of it still escape me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement