Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭BowWow

Hi, any joy with this?

With the nights drawing in, it's time to start researching again. Last January I got a six month deal for £5 per month - current pricing on that term is €75.99 😲

Post edited by BowWow on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

No - nothing yet.

I remember availing of a similar €5 offer at the start of the year but it only covered UK & Ireland.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The nonsense that is Black Friday is a few weeks away from being marketed so I'd expect something then.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Fraoch333

I'm looking into DNA testing and see My Heritage is having an Autumn DNA Sale - test usually €79 reduced to €59 (sale ends in 2 days) with free shipping on 2+ kits. Sorry I still can't post links.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭VirginiaB

If you haven't already, you might consider doing the Ancestry DNA test as it has by far the largest number of people who have tested. That leads to more shared matches and info and perhaps more reliable results. They do have regular sales so just keep an eye out here and on Ancestry itself.

• Advertisement

@VirginiaB Thanks for that info. After posting the offer I read a lot of reviews of My Heritage and quite a few weren't great. So I think I'll do as you suggest and keep an eye out for Ancestry offers.

Ancestry will have an offer in the next week or two.

You can transfer your kit to MyHeritage after you are installed on the Ancestry database anyway.

Genealogy Forum Mod

@pinkypinky Thanks for that info, that's good to know.

I saw on Claire Santry's blog that there is 25% off Ancestry DNA testing until 12th October. €69 + shipping for Ireland or £59 + shipping for UK. I have to be around a bit longer to link.

I'm so excited to do the testing - hopefully I'll find some matches!

• Advertisement

Sorry everyone. I can't seem to get rid of those giant images or even delete the post.

I don't seem to be able to anything with it either.

Don't worry about it Virginia - it's just another shortcoming of the new site.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Ancestry now has an offer of 25% off its DNA tests for Ireland and the UK. The offer is good thru Sunday, 21 November. Info from Claire Santry.

Ancestry also has several offers in the USA. Just the DNA or DNA plus three months membership at quite a discount. Offer good thru Sunday, 24 November.

They also have a USA offer that includes 36 personal traits. Personally, I don't want to know. 😂

Find My Past has free access to military records from 11th - 15th November.

I think everyone of Irish ancestry (who isn't in Ireland) here is pretty clued in but you may be interested in the webinar I'm running on 1st December. It's to help Irish diaspora people with tips on figuring out where their ancestors came from. Full details & booking on the below link.

https://cbgenealogy.ie/irish-diaspora-webinar/

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rhapsody

Disappointing that Ancestry don't appear to be doing any special offers on subscriptions this time round.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 40 amecullen

Some offers here

Ancestry offers and big savings for USA-based researchers

Researchers in the USA can be big winners this Black Friday / Cyber Monday weekend with the year's biggest discount up for grabs on Ancestry Gift Memberships, and what may even be the biggest saving in 2021 for an AncestryDNA test kit.

See below for details.

As you can see, both offers expire at 9pm PST onMonday 29 November, so be sure to place your orders in good time.

So nothing this side of the pond.

Bad cess to them!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mindhorn

Are you sure we can't purchase the gift membership from here? Although looking at it now it's 50% off for the worldwide membership which brings it to €162. I paid €101 for the same membership this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 amecullen

I was able to buy a gift membership for 6 months worldwide access on the us site at us prices at the discounted rate, paid for with REVOLUT so this cost me €80. Current price in euros €100.

Still steep enough at that price. I'd like to sign up again but I think I'll wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

I have no subscriptions right now. I'll see if Christmas produces any offers. I'm at the end of my tether with my research, nothing new in so long now I'm losing interest in doing any more.

Sounds like where I'm at. Good to take a break for a bit and the lack of any offers at the moment might not be a bad thing.

I'm in the other camp - been on a long break from research and keen to get back - so I suppose I'll just have to bite the bullet.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Claire Santry has all the current offers listed on her blog (though some maybe expired now).

FMP's has but Rootsireland's one is still good: https://www.irishgenealogynews.com/2021/11/25-off-six-month-and-annual.html

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭BowWow

Hope you've had a read of the Ancestry renewal threads in RootsChat....😉

Why so?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Catsmeow

BowWow beat me to it! Have a read of the thread "Ancestry Subscription Discount" in the Common Room on Rootschat, especially the posts on pages 8 and 9 of the thread.

Kind regards

Advertisement