Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brothers with the same Christian names??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Elizabetha

Hi Margaret, I didnt notice I had a PM, sorry, I will have a read of what you have sent me and PM you back!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MMUldoon5

Thank you.

Hi again,
    A few minutes ago an e-mail address popped up on my screen but disappeared (or more likely I deleted) before I had a chance to respond. I think the name Karen appeared somewhere in the address. Is that you?? If so please, please send again and I will be more careful.

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Elizabetha wrote: »
    Would parents have given siblings the same christian names?
    So for example....

Michael Muldoon marries Cecelia Geoghagan
    Their childrens names are as follows

Margaret Muldoon b 24 Nov 1844
    Anne Muldoon b Feb 1847
    James Muldoon b 1851
    James Muldoon b 1852
    Catherine Muldoon b 1852
    Michael Muldoon b 1859
    David Muldoon b 1859
    Michael Muldoon b 1863

Ok maybe if a child died and they decide to name the next one after the deceased child, I could understand that but if both are still alive?? as I think is the case of the two lads called Michael. The Michael of 1863 married a Frances Thornton and the 1859 Michael, I think, married Anne donoghue

Could this happen??

I have a sister in Law (not Irish) whom names her two sons the same first name, but differnt middle names, they are known by their middle names.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭irish_bhoy09

MMUldoon5 wrote: »
    Hi Elizabeth,
    I am currently working on the Muldoon family tree and the James Muldoon born 1852 was my grandfather. From research in Mountmelick Church I was given to understand (maybe incorrectly) that when a baby died the following surviving baby was given the same name so I assumed therefore that James (1851) & Michael (1859) died in infancy. James married my grandmother Honoria Mooney in 1890 & died in 1935. They lived in Cappabeg, Rosenallis and 10 of their 15 children survived to adulthood. I understand Margaret married Robert Martin and lived in Derry, Rosenallis. I also have a list of godparents for all the [EMAIL="1840/60@0"]1840/60[/EMAIL] Muldoons except the aforementioned James & Michael. Any additional information on the family would be appreciated. Godparents for 1863 Michael were John Boland & Abigail Dunne.

in for
    hi,i live in cappabeg rosenallis,i knew jack muldoon but he died a few years ago,nobody lives in that house now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blt1953

Hi all

I don't know if you are all still around on the boards. I have just found this thread as I am also researching Michael Muldoon and Fanny Thornton. Thank you for all the info about the family.

I am helping a friend who is the great grandson of Francis aka Fanny Muldoon born 1897 who was shown in the children's home in 1911. Small world.

Hey blt, Frances was my Great granny, lived to 104, PM me

Hello blt, I have done a fair bit of research on Muldoon Family and am more than willing to share. If you send me a private message, including your e-mail address I will forward whatever I have. My research is really confined to the Muldoon family. I expect Elizabetha will have lots on the Thorntons. Good to see your name again Elizabetha. Hope all's well with you.

Advertisement