Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I chance it?

• 20-10-2020 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

I live in a small village where I do alot of running..I meet this girl out running alot!! She is damn cute about mid 40's, has a son in his 20's..But no boyfriend she spends most of her time not working, she was workingin aviation.My neighbourhood watch buddie lives beside her !!
    Very friendly and we have s good chat when we meet..
    I keep thinking that I'd like to her ask on a run/ walk someday...
    Feel like shes friendly but not too interested!, but I havent a clue...
    Should I ?
    Or any other approaches that migth help ?
    Thanks
    Im not shy but I'd wallow in the rebuke....
    Any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭pah

Go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Ask her to join on a run. If interested she'll agree, if not then she won't. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭salamiii

run past her house everyday at top speed

i always let rhe woman chase me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Go for it. If you're both single and have a common interest (running) and now with the lockdown she's unlikely to meet anyone else you'll probably never have a better chance.

That said you can't visit another person's house for six weeks so don't count on a casual post exercise screw out of this. After 6 weeks of chats while running it's either a deep and meaningful relationship for life or the friend zone. No let's just have sex and see what happens in this case I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

salamiii wrote: »
    run past her house everyday at top speed

i always let rhe woman chase me

Tried that !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭This is it

4Ad wrote: »
    Tried that !!!

You don't know your own speed. Fast enough to impress but slow enough to catch. It's a fine line.

I think I will casually ask her to join me for a local hill run/ hike..she has never been before...
    Nothing to lose really ..she isnt up to much socially either.
    We just breifly cross paths while out running or outside her house...( I have a tent)..joke
    PS..im an ugly short arse but Im fast !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

keep us updated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭dobman88

I think I will casually ask her to join me for a local hill run/ hike..she has never been before...
    We just breifly cross paths while out running or outside her house...( I have a tent)..joke

This is what I was going to suggest. And the fact shes never been is even better cos shes more likely to want to give it a go.

Be careful even if she says yes that you dont take it as a sign that she is interested in a relationship. She might just genuinely want to go hiking and not do it alone. But you should know after a few hours chatting where things may or may not lead.

Best of luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Don’t go dropping the hand straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Speaking as a woman I'd be a bit reluctant to go for a run in a remote area with a guy I don't know well. I don't think that's just me either.

Look, ask her out for coffee or whatever you can do given the current situation.

Or ask her to go for a run in a park or somewhere well populated.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Just Do It

Met her on the road but we were going in opposite directions !!

My Sister had to go for a covid test and I was in contact so I will have to hide away for a few days..

• Site Banned Posts: 4 Jabstone

I live in a small village where I do alot of running..I meet this girl out running alot!! She is damn cute about mid 40's, has a son in his 20's..But no boyfriend she spends most of her time not working, she was workingin aviation.My neighbourhood watch buddie lives beside her !!
    Should I ?
    Thanks
    Any advice.

Why not, you've nothing to lose. Ask her for a walk and a coffee, it's probably easier to chat walking than jogging.

Met her on the road but we were going in opposite directions !!

My Sister had to go for a covid test and I was in contact so I will have to hide away for a few days..

Why does it matter if you're going in opposite directions? Take the lead and bring her in your direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Quandary

Jabstone wrote: »
    Ask her for a walk and a coffee

Switching out an l for an n really changes the tone of this sentence :)

On a serious note, ask her out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I dunno, on one hand I say ask her out, but, if she says no then you’ve to have that awkward moment each time you pass each other

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭dobman88

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I dunno, on one hand I say ask her out, but, if she says no then you’ve to have that awkward moment each time you pass each other

Meh, I once asked the woman out who worked next door to where I worked and she said yes. Went out a few times and it went nowhere. It wasnt awkward at all and we still had the chats in passing like we always had. It's only awkward if you make it awkward. A little bit of maturity goes a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

As a woman (and I know nobody can speak for an entire gender lol) if someone asked me to go jogging with him, if I liked him I'd be reluctant for him to see me sweaty and working out 😂 although perhaps shes not as shallow as me. If you run together you would have to maintain 2metres, and first dates are hard enough without having to shout small talk at each other from opposite sides of the road! :) second the coffee :)

Ps sorry for invading the gentlemen's thread but have been following like it's a beautiful romantic film unfolding! Best of luck OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

A plumber with no pipe.

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »
    As a woman (and I know nobody can speak for an entire gender lol) if someone asked me to go jogging with him, if I liked him I'd be reluctant for him to see me sweaty and working out 😂 although perhaps shes not as shallow as me. If you run together you would have to maintain 2metres, and first dates are hard enough without having to shout small talk at each other from opposite sides of the road! :) second the coffee :)

Ps sorry for invading the gentlemen's thread but have been following like it's a beautiful romantic film unfolding! Best of luck OP

I wouldn't beholding my breath If I was you...
    I'll keep ye updated ic anything happens !

If this was someone elses thread I'd be following it like a tennis match ....

Putting myself under pressure now...
    Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

go for it, you only live once

I wouldn't beholding my breath If I was you...
    I'll keep ye updated ic anything happens !

If this was someone elses thread I'd be following it like a tennis match ....

Putting myself under pressure now...
    Jaysus

Remember you have no reason to be under pressure. The most important thing is that you're living a rich life going after what you want. Whether she says yes or no doesn't really matter, you can ask someone else the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

hope your sister is ok OP

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Think you should go for it 4Ad. Went on my first (and hopefully last) blind date recently and I’ve never been happier. All the best whatever you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If there's a coffee shop open that has outdoor tables, simply tell her you going to go for a coffee after your run and ask if she'd like to join you.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Jeju

Some morning see her in 5he distance coming towards you pull up with a bad leg cramp, let on you have severe pain. If she jogs on she's a cold heartless person, if she stops then its game on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Jeju wrote: »
    Some morning see her in 5he distance coming towards you pull up with a bad leg cramp, let on you have severe pain. If she jogs on she's a cold heartless person, if she stops then its game on.

I can verify, this method works for picking up women:

tumblr_mezz3vtLqx1qi50afo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Should I ?
    Thanks
    Any advice.

https://movemequotes.com/dont-complicate-life/

• Advertisement

Jeju wrote: »

Yeah lie down on the road with my leg up in the air like a soccer player in the hope she might help me out...
    Probably call the Gardai !!

Advertisement