Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

• 09-08-2007 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MagicHunt

sorry if this shouldn't be here, I don't have access to the soccer forum.

I was wondering if anyone knew any teams on the north side of the city if possible who would let me train with them? I had a bad injury about 14 years ago and gave up the game and haven't played since, I decided I'm going to get back into it and hopefully take up a spot on a sunday/non league team or maybe a lower league team.

As I said I'm not looking for a spot on the team, just to train with for a year or so or untill I'm fit enough to play.

I'm 28 if it makes any difference.

MOD NOTE

DO NOT PUT PHONE NUMBERS OR EMAIL ADDRESSES INTO POSTS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Sent you a PM chief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If you are

Looking for a few lads for a kick around

Looking for a team to play against

Looking for extra lads for a game

etc etc

Post in this thread.

Thanks

Ok I'll get it started. Our Saturday (grass) team looking for players for new season, here's the site www.phoenixroversfc.com with info & contact details etc.

stop stealing my players ffs.

Tried tested and failed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

How many nights a week do you train Sav?

Just once a week until July, then twice a week until the Winter, then once a week usually on Thursdays on Astro.

Cheers. It'd suit me while I'm living in DCU but I'd be back to Leixlip in September. I'll think about it anyway.

Well we're just getting together once a week for a light session and game on Thursdays for the next while in Poppintree Park. If you fancy comin along just lemme know anyway, it's open to new lads comin down for a kickabout.

Yeh when I come back from holidays I might pop down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Might drop up myself one of the nights if thats alright??

Severely unfit at the mo due to beer & smokes, but would give me a good excuse to get the fitness back up!!!

Not a bad player though, if I do say so myself........ (usually play up front)

Yeah do. PM me if u want directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Do you get one of them nice training jackets? :pac:

Would ye look who it is. Yes you do, eventually!

Savman wrote: »
    Yeah do. PM me if u want directions.

Its cool, from Glasnevin myself, so know where it is!

If ya wanna PM me your name and what times you train that would be cool

His name is Sav, man.

DesF wrote: »
    His name is Sav, man.

lol

Fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭peewee18988

Hi

Anyone have a game goin this week. I'm not great but will travel to any match in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Phoenix rovers based in ballymun who play in poppintree park are looking for new players for the forthcoming season.We play on a saturday are and are in the athletc union league dision 2a saturday.We are a good club and can guarantee decent training facillities and an enjoyable club run pretty well.Anyone interested check out www.phoenixroversfc.com for all contact information and latest news on the club.

Hi

Anyone have a game goin this week. I'm not great but will travel to any match in Dublin!
    I removed your email address.

rovers2001 wrote: »
    Phoenix rovers based in ballymun who play in poppintree park are looking for new players for the forthcoming season.We play on a saturday are and are in the athletc union league dision 2a saturday.We are a good club and can guarantee decent training facillities and an enjoyable club run pretty well.Anyone interested check out www.phoenixroversfc.com for all contact information and latest news on the club.

Hi, that's Sav's team, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Hi Sav :pac:

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Hi Sav :pac:

I don't believe it is actually Sav. :)

Sure is.

It is savs team but not his post i am the manager of this club and am looking for players for next season.

Yeah, fair enough.

I think some of the lads were talking to Sav about it already, no harm to post here too though :)

Cheers.......its tough trying to entice players this time of year and with an abundance of clubs in this area its hard to get lads to come to your club.We have a couple of ads on various sites for players so with a bit of luck might get a couple of decent players.For anyone who is interested we are meeting every thursday in poppintree pk at 7pm for a light training session and a game of ball to bring us up to our pre season training which starts in july just to keep the interest going for the lads.All welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭guil

any one fancy a 6v6 or 7v7 around kildare over the weekend
    pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Cheers.......its tough trying to entice players this time of year and with an abundance of clubs in this area its hard to get lads to come to your club.We have a couple of ads on various sites for players so with a bit of luck might get a couple of decent players.For anyone who is interested we are meeting every thursday in poppintree pk at 7pm for a light training session and a game of ball to bring us up to our pre season training which starts in july just to keep the interest going for the lads.All welcome.

You should print up a couple of hundred leaflets and drop them into the houses and apartments on St. Margarets road, I'm sure there are a lot of lads living there who've moved from one side of the city to the other (like myself) and don't have the time or energy to travel from work to the southside to train for a couple of hours before slogging back across the city to their house.

Do it sooner rather than later though, Ballymun Uniteds pitches are going up there on that road and their making great progress with it.

Hi Iago.
    Yeah not a bad idea, yeah there is alot of new houses and apartments up that direction and im sure maybe alot of decent players so maybe worth a try.Maybe your interested yourself pm me if you like or check out our website you might be pleasantly surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm still debating whether I really have the time to commit to a team to be honest. Up until 2 years ago I was playing LSL Intermediate with St. Josephs Glasthule in Senior 1A/1B. but then injuries and work took over and now I'm two stone heavier and going backwards!

If I can find the time to get 2-3 nights self-training in and build a base prior to pre-season I may well get involved, but it's up in the air at the moment.

Definitely think hitting the apartments and houses is an idea though, there are hundreds of apartments and houses, if even 5% of those have lads who can play at a reasonable level you could be looking at enough players to start another team let alone shore up the current squad.

Advertisement