Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New to Tralee

• 12-08-2017 7:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi how's everyone getting on? I'll be going into IT Tralee next month and I just have a few questions that if I'm being honest have no clue about. I'm coming from Cork and will be studying computing with games development staying in kings court.

1. What is Tralee like on a whole? I've heard not the best things about it but that it's improved over the years.
    2. What's the nightlife for a student like down there?
    3. What is Kings court like for accommodation compared to others there?
    4. How hard is the games development course for someone who's basically coming in from scratch?
    5. How big are the usual course sizes and what kind of number group is it divided into.
    6. Are clubs and societies worth joining up with or do they not fill up with numbers very well?
    7. Finally what's one thing youd reccomend to do while IT Tralee and Tralee in general and what would u not reccomend?

I know this is probably a bit much but I've just been a bit nervous going to a new place without any of my friends there at the time. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Baggzio wrote: »
    Hi how's everyone getting on? I'll be going into IT Tralee next month and I just have a few questions that if I'm being honest have no clue about. I'm coming from Cork and will be studying computing with games development staying in kings court.

1. What is Tralee like on a whole? I've heard not the best things about it but that it's improved over the years.
    2. What's the nightlife for a student like down there?
    3. What is Kings court like for accommodation compared to others there?
    4. How hard is the games development course for someone who's basically coming in from scratch?
    5. How big are the usual course sizes and what kind of number group is it divided into.
    6. Are clubs and societies worth joining up with or do they not fill up with numbers very well?
    7. Finally what's one thing youd reccomend to do while IT Tralee and Tralee in general and what would u not reccomend?

I know this is probably a bit much but I've just been a bit nervous going to a new place without any of my friends there at the time. Thanks in advance.

Not a student anymore...but am native to Tralee...so will answer what I can
    Tralee itself is ok...it's a large town and has its own issues...but no real hassles or troubles... plenty of places to shop for a student budget and plenty of extra curricular activity
    Nightclubs...there are none...but plenty of bars with late drinks and music...
    From the outside...Kings court looks ok...if you're looking for a quiet sedate place..this isn't it...but you are right beside the major shopping centre in town,
    Most of the rest I can't answer....but if you're interested in sport or gyms, the town has loads for you...I think there's a distinct lack of hobby clubs in Tralee, photography etc...if you're not into sports or pubs ..you may be looking towards clubs within the IT most definitely.
    As for what to avoid etc, or what's wrong with the town....it's a bit grey and dull...I'll admit that... there's a huge refurb of the town's centre which is going to help... our antisocial element has definitely decreased though and there are no more "no-go" areas in town...hope this helps you a little

Advertisement