Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

** Dublin Airport Parking queries & codes **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

I always find that Quick Park are the cheapest and they have shuttle buses every 10mins so you're never waiting long. I use them anytime I fly from DUB

http://quickpark.ie

_

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

My folks always stay at Bewleys (now Clayton I believe). I think parking is something like €3.95 a night. Shuttle bus is every 15 minutes I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

My folks always stay at Bewleys (now Clayton I believe). I think parking is something like €3.95 a night. Shuttle bus is every 15 minutes I think

Thanks good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

+1 for quick park.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Another fan of Quickpark here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭TheBody

I use quickpark too. Use promo code: CINEMA for a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I just booked yesterday for Quickpark and got parking for two weeks in September using DOGS discount code. Reduced from €48 to €38. Brilliant value.

There's a hotel next to the quickpark too so if you wanted to park up the night before you could walk out of the carpark and into the hotel. I think it's the Carlton hotel and they offer a free shuttle bus to the airport also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭yannakis

Eponymous wrote: »
    I just booked yesterday for Quickpark and got parking for two weeks in September using DOGS discount code. Reduced from €48 to €38. Brilliant value.

There's a hotel next to the quickpark too so if you wanted to park up the night before you could walk out of the carpark and into the hotel. I think it's the Carlton hotel and they offer a free shuttle bus to the airport also.

This one brought mine from €33 down to €23! thanking you!

Hi,

Can anyone tell me is it possible to collect passengers arriving in Terminal 2 Dublin airport without going into the multistory car park and paying?

The Dublin airport site says you have to use the car park, does this mean you pay?

Thanks,
    Bumpsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Bumpsy wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me is it possible to collect passengers arriving in Terminal 2 Dublin airport without going into the multistory car park and paying?

The Dublin airport site says you have to use the car park, does this mean you pay?

Thanks,
    Bumpsy.

Get them to exit through departures and pick them up there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You park somewhere off-site but free, get them to text when ready on the departures road.

I believe the first 15mins in the short-term is free, though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,767 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

L1011 wrote: »
    You park somewhere off-site but free, get them to text when ready on the departures road.

I believe the first 15mins in the short-term is free, though

There's times it'd take you 15 minutes just to find a parking space in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,760 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The departure lane is supposed to be set down only for dropping off passengers. If you wait there for any reasonable length of time the Airport Police will move you on. That length of time depends on how engaged the AP officer is with his job at that particular time and how busy the set down area is. You generally get more leeway late in the evening. During the morning and afternoon's they are fairly fast at getting you to drive around. Ask the people you are collecting to give you a txt or a call once they come through security and be waiting close by say in Kealy's pub car park and swing around and grab them at the set down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There is no designated pick up spot for T2. You are supposed to use the car park. Yes, you have to pay. I've picked up my brother from the Departures set down area, when it is quiet in the evenings. It works, as he is waiting on me at the curb & he only has one small carry on bag with him. He jumps quickly into my car and we are away, right sharpish, before anyone can spot what he/we are doing. If you are picking up several people, who are pushing luggage trolleys and you have to load up the boot with all their suitcases, baby buggies etc etc, you'll be spotted and told to move along. You can even get a ticket if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

This is crazy, 15-30 mins should be free/discounted/whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The first 15 mins is free, in the short term car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,767 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Carnacalla wrote: »
    The first 15 mins is free, in the short term car park.
    I'd love to know how many cars per day manage to get in, find a parking space, get over to the terminal, get back to the car, and exit the car park within the space of 15 minutes!

Even if all you did was drive in, find a parking space, park, and immediately leave again, it'd be a struggle.

That 15 minutes is very much a token gesture that I'm guessing benefits nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

Use the departures set down, everyone does it, just drive in, to the departures set down, follow the road out, pull in at the airport McDonalds and get a coffee, then wait for the people to say they are there and loop around.

Went to the drop off for departures area and joined about 15 other cars waiting for a few minutes before the person I was collecting arrived. This was 8.30 pm on a Saturday, I'm sure other times you're moved on as others have said.

There is no way you could time the short term car park to avoid paying for it IMHO.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I used to pick people up in T2 regularly. The airport police will move you on if you're there any length of time. Best way to do it is to park in the Topaz petrol station and use the DAA app to see if the plane has landed on time. Have your passenger text you when they have their baggage and then drive around by the Clarion Hotel and collect them- police wont mind if you're literally stopping for 30 seconds and moving on again. That was my experience anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Park/wait in McDonalads/Topaz and drive across to departures once you get the text

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Park/wait in McDonalads/Topaz and drive across to departures once you get the text

Exactly. Simple, and works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Exactly. Simple, and works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

I will be parking at the airport for 6 days - any advice on where I should park ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you can get a voucher or discount code for any of the car parks, choose that one.
    I usually use quickpark.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mandymo

We normally go for the quick park and book it online in advance. I have heard a radio ad for the airport parking so might be worth looking that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Quickpark and use codes CINEMA or DOGS

Very nice. A little bit pricey at €130.

Or, experience the splendour that is being stuck behind a hen party, none of whom seem to have flown before, nor seem to understand the concept of 'liquid'. Revel in the aroma of sweaty toe flavour nylons and socks, with overtones of Lynx lashed on over stinky armpits.

Eat over-priced food, drink over-priced brown liquid with your name mis-spelt on the cup, severely test your 'Sure Extra Strength anti-perspirant' as you hoof it up the gently sloping hill to the lovely Ryanair gates.

Watch with amusement as your fellow passengers leap up to queue at the first mention of their flight, stand for half an hour, shuffle past the desk, stand and queue in the stairwell, stand and queue at the bottom of the aircraft steps, charge like loonies onto the aircraft jamming bags in anywhere they can, unable to tell front steps from back steps.

Maybe €130 isn't so bad if work would pay and you had to face it regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,760 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

^ It's funny because its true, very true :P:eek:

*also I read that with the voice of Les Dawson in my head for some reason... must get that checked out !

Advertisement