Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The mame of shame

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I see a player 1 start button, a player 2 start button... but no player 2 stick :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    I see a player 1 start button, a player 2 start button... but no player 2 stick :confused:

It frightens me a bit...
    It's like an anti-Bubble Bobble cab :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

That guy has a wild imagination. How would you even go about playing that?

I was sure someone linked him to an actual button layout and he said he'd use that going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Only way I can imagine that making any sense whatsoever is if it was designed for left handed or right handed use... With the buttons on either side having the same functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

yeah. my buddy's left handed and can't use a right handed control configuration at all. it's a neat idea actually. I remember a few cabs like that at my old arcade place
    ...when I was young

... and french :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I can just see him putting these cabinets together lol

The cabinet is currently near Mitchelstown but I can bring it into Limerick for you to look at if you'd prefer. There's only one joystick so it's one player at a time, however, two players can play the same game at the same time with the control switching from side to side as lives are lost.

Let me get this straight, both players use the same joystick but different buttons LMFAO:eek:
    Is this guy taking the piss:p

Sure with that reasoning every game could be advertised as 2 player.

Thats one of the 2p games, both players fight for the joystick.

So player 2 is always at a disadvantage unless they are left handed of course in which case they are at an advantage.
    mario-facepalm-640x390.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

God help us , I'd imagine the 2p button allows the multiboard to go back to the game select screen.

His first game listed and screenshot is Defender
    It's obvious he has never played this game because it actually wouldnt be possible to, you wouldn't be able to hit reverse or hyperspace? without letting go of the joystick or crossing your arms lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

You lads are heartless ha

He's building these monstrosities to sell, that's pretty heartless in itself:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You would have imagined that he's been here, either as a user or lurker, and knows the response his work is gaining.
    I don't doubt his skill at putting one of these together, you need a certain talent that I don't possess to construct one of those from scratch.
    But its obvious that a little gentle direction might yield results and, not only that, but an excellent source of home grown arcade cabs, built to order.
    I'm trying to find the positives here!
    I wonder if he's be willing to have a discussion here on the topic.
    He may be a craftsman rather than a games player and may not be aware of the unplayable, uncomfortable nature of his control panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Id have to agree, would you not look at existing ones though before you build?

The angle of the control panel would make it difficult to use.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Id have to agree, would you not look at existing ones though before you build?

The angle of the control panel would make it difficult to use.

The angle!
    3 of your bloody buttons are on the wrong side!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Wow, that cab looks like Lord Business from the Lego Movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

IMAG0041-200x300.jpg

Had a google search of street fighter cabs and came accross this gem

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

IMAG0041-200x300.jpg

Had a google search of street fighter cabs and came accross this gem

• Advertisement

shamecab.jpg
    From J+ :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What do people be thinking!

Myrddin wrote: »
    What do people be thinking!

Could do with more stickers

shamecab.jpg
    From J+ :eek:

What a well made piece of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

It actually looks quite well made, why go to all that trouble and make it with 100 joysticks and stupid stickers instead of decent artwork?? Also I think you'd need to be stretch Armstrong to press the pinball buttons on the side, looks way way way too wide!!!

Sarcasm detector regarding pinball buttons?

Perhaps it is for pinball playing conjoined twins?

Either:

A) It's only for pinball wizards
    B) It's for giants
    C) You lie across the C.P, push one button with your foot and push the other with your hand.

Or maybe it's for the more health conscious gamer who is trying to get in a bit of cardio whilst playing pinball doing sprints between the buttons. We'll never know.

• Advertisement

Well, he says he'd love your comments.
    I'd say fire away!
    It looks awful btw

Advertisement